Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I have experienced trauma but I am not...

User Profile: Kate
Kate January 28th, 2019

I have experienced trauma but I am not...

Share your truth and help break the stigma.

139
User Profile: Margaretp
Margaretp January 30th, 2019

I have experienced trauma and I was doing good but with new memories coming up that are freaking me out, I understand now that I have so very much more work to do.

User Profile: Aneila
Aneila January 30th, 2019

I have experienced trauma, but I'm not going to project my circumstances on other people. Just like they're not me- our circumstances and situations are never the same.

User Profile: ZannaSparrow
ZannaSparrow January 30th, 2019

I have experienced trauma but I am not going let it silence me! I'm still alive and still fighting and I'm so glad you're here with me.

User Profile: Jennoa2017
Jennoa2017 January 30th, 2019

@Kate

I have experienced trauma. But I only got stronger.

User Profile: MikaelMotivation
MikaelMotivation January 30th, 2019

I have experienced trauma, but I am not weak or inferior. I am not a book character, set up for a perfect, happy ending, nor I am not the misunderstood antagonist with a dark backstory. I am not the suckup, abusing my past to play sympathizers, nor am I in denial of the fact that I was broken, shattered. I accept my past weaknesses, and my current ones, and that fact that more will develop, and that it will be hard. I accept that I'm special, in a not so special way, and that others will notice. I accept myself, and all it's faults of character, all of it's hardships, and it's beauty.

User Profile: alliegatorart
alliegatorart January 30th, 2019

I have experienced trauma AND (dialects!) I am not letting it define who i am. Yes, it has shaped how my life is, and i can still live it to my fullest potential. I can open up about it and find others like me to support them and let them know they are not alone in this. Every single person on this earth deserves to recover from their trauma. Everybody is more than worthy of being alive and sharing their survivor story, no matter what type of trauma it is. You are all stronger than your trauma, and are loved!

1 reply
User Profile: tidyStrings5649
tidyStrings5649 January 30th, 2019

This is so true. Having expierienxed trauma doesnt make you unloveable. Thank you for sharing @alliegatorart

load more
User Profile: tidyStrings5649
tidyStrings5649 January 30th, 2019

I have experienced trauma but I am not going stop working on my triggers so I can continue to go on and have healthy relationship.

User Profile: GA999
GA999 January 30th, 2019

I survived my trauma, which makes me a survivor and not a victim.

User Profile: ivoryNorth8560
ivoryNorth8560 January 30th, 2019

I have and will always experience trauma. It is a gift to me and I have to embrace my change instead of fighting it. I find that in my tribulations, I am closer to God and therefore, death has no sting over me. The pain is worth it. Although it is hard to understand sometimes, this is me picking up my cross and throwing my old self away. I am a Child of God thanks to Jesus and we were never promised an easy path. I hope this encourages you brother's and sisters in Christ. There is nothing wrong with you. There is a time to weep and sorrow, but it is only for a season.

I also notice the seasons themselves. Winter, spring, summer and fall. We all change during these seasons. So do circumstances. In the winter, you might be more down than usual and everything seems so tense. You may be more sleepy. It should be a season of rest and is definitely a season to be alone. Spring is the season of Resurrection. You are given a rejuvenation and are renewed in mind and spirit. You have new goals for yourself and are full of energy to take action. Summer is the best season for enjoying time with friends and family and having fun. Every summer of every year was the season where I felt myself. And once fall comes, it should be a season to prepare for the harsh season of winter again.

I will bless God for giving me these seasons, whether I think they are good or bad. The way I see it now is that what I thought was traumatic and horrible, was actually a dramatic story in my season that brought me closer to God and renewed my faith. I have learned that trying to control everything is pointless and to just give in to God's will. I am looking through the Valley of Death to be forever with the Lord.

User Profile: aiko123
aiko123 January 30th, 2019

I have experienced trauma, but it will NOT define how I live my life. My whole life I will bear the scars, but I will be proud of it.