Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I was abused by my cousin and sister

User Profile: lu0804
lu0804 August 24th, 2014

Around when i was 8 years old my 13 year old cousin mulested me. Since he did the same thing with my older sister, she also reinacted the things with me. I didnt realize what had happened to me until i was around 13. It didnt affect me as much untill now. I have major anxiety, memory loss, panic attacks, depression, fatigue, eatting issues, insomnia and the list goes on and on. I dont know what to do i am 17 years old and I feel like i am losing my mind. I cant tell my parents but i know i NEED help.

7
User Profile: JackWaltz
JackWaltz August 24th, 2014

Life can be a sea of nightmares. With each new journey we dream we feel more lucid more sleepless with every remembrance of the horrors in our lives. I understand pain though i cant relate to your piticuler nightmare i understand how it pains the world around u making things dismal. Perhaps even seeming hopeless but there is hope for life may carry nightmares but ur still here living with the pain. It is hard but u have carried the pain to these years and how it does wear on ones mind u can still find that we all have nightmares we all feel the pain and we all live. Your not alone you have the streangth to move on to fight for your peace of mind and for your sister and for yourself never be afraid of nightmares, for u may find thet thats when most wake up stay strong u can do it. I beleive in ur streangth.

User Profile: JackWaltz
JackWaltz August 24th, 2014

Life can be a sea of nightmares. With each new journey we dream we feel more lucid more sleepless with every remembrance of the horrors in our lives. I understand pain though i cant relate to your piticuler nightmare i understand how it pains the world around u making things dismal. Perhaps even seeming hopeless but there is hope for life may carry nightmares but ur still here living with the pain. It is hard but u have carried the pain to these years and how it does wear on ones mind u can still find that we all have nightmares we all feel the pain and we all live. Your not alone you have the streangth to move on to fight for your peace of mind and for your sister and for yourself never be afraid of nightmares, for u may find thet thats when most wake up stay strong u can do it. I beleive in ur streangth.

User Profile: NoraPat
NoraPat August 24th, 2014

Hi Lu. I am so sorry and at the same time so amazed that you have this story and are able to share it. You are truly a brave soul. If you every need to connect, I have experience discussing sexual assault and would love to speak with you more. I truly admire anyway who can come forward in such a way. I wish you all the best.

1 reply
User Profile: lu0804
lu0804 OP August 24th, 2014

Thank you. And will do NoraPat, I could just all the support i can get.

load more
August 24th, 2014

I don't have experience in this area, but I'm here to support your healing. I can't imagine what you've gone through. When I think of the relatively minor emotional things that were done to me by my family, and how much that hurt stayed with me, I don't know what I would have done if I'd been faced with your situation. You truly are brave and strong.

I can relate in this way, though: Don't stay quiet about it. Talk about it until people listen to you and hear you. It looks like some people here already have. I was too weak when I was young to bring up the injustices that happened in my home, and I waited so long to talk about them that people are dismissive of my complaints now. I wasn't assertive enough to stand up for myself. You didn't deserve what happened to you, and it only makes sense that you are struggling so much. Keep fighting and don't give up.

2 replies
User Profile: lu0804
lu0804 OP August 25th, 2014

I live in a small town if i told anyone, even a therapist everyone would find out. Thats why its so hard to tell someone about it. But anyways thank you, calling me strong and beliveing in me gives me courage.

1 reply
User Profile: JackWaltz
JackWaltz August 25th, 2014

Is any way to get help anonymously and the town maybe be small but every where even in the corners of any small town there are people who beleive in you. Don't be afraid for you really do have strength. And we all beleive in it.

load more
load more