I was sexually abused and now my friend has been too
hi, Im not sure why Im posting this really but I just needed to say this to someone, and while I have lots of people who really care about me and would listen its really difficult and feels like a lot of pressure to open up to them and say all of this. So here I am...
when i was 11 I was sexually abused by a 16 year old boy at my school. At the time I didnt see it as too big of a deal because it was never penetrative and therefore thought my feelings about it were silly. I didnt realise that it was still sexual abuse until a while after and didnt fully accept it until quite recently. I felt like a fraud for being so upset about it. I never went to anyone about it, but the guy never tried to hide what he was doing so after a few months someone anonymously reported the abuse to the school. I had to write a statement but because I was so emotional I ended up missing out the worse parts and thus he was never charged. He had to stay a certain distance away from me but was never kicked out of the school, he attended sixth form at my school and I saw him almost everyday, though he didnt make contact.
I never really spoke about this and never gave my parents any specifics (they still dont know the guys name) later on at 13 a guy I was dating forcibly fingered me and tore me, making me bleed, I was later on pressured into anal sex at 14 by a different boyfriend of been with for 6 months. Im now 17 and had pretty much pushed this all aside, I went to a few counseling sessions but never really felt able to open up about this as I still felt like a fraud.
Yesterday my close friend was sexually abused in school (I go to a different school for sixth form) and obviously today everyone was talking about it today, I feel like a terrible friends because I cant help her and keep breaking down into tears and having panic attacks when its spoken about. I dont know how to be a good friend to her without panicking myself
Hiya @forcefulTown288
I'm glad your here and that you have been brave enough to be able to tell us what has been going on for you because that really can be sooo hard ❤
Your feelings a valid and I'm sorry they are making you feel like a fraud when I can tell from your words that your hurting and you should never have had to endure that.
It sounds too like what happened to your friend has triggered you and understandbly very upset perhaps because you can relate to her pain?
I can hear that you want to support her but feel unable to because of how its making you feel and that's okay.
Your feelings matter too because you matter.
I'm sorry that you both know what it's like to go through something like this and the pain it causes. ❤❤❤
One step at a time and remember you really are the most important personin your life and im sure if your friend knew how much her pain was upsetting you she would totally understand why you can't be there for her as much as you would like to be.
Sending you lots of best wishes 💐