Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tired of feeling guilt over ending a bad relationship

User Profile: nobrokenhearts1993
nobrokenhearts1993 March 17th, 2019

Gotta love it when even months later, the friend of the very ex I broke up with is still in the back of my head telling me that I "ruined" him and that he's still "dealing with that problem."

I'm sorry, but not sorry that I ended a toxic relationship and that he's too emotionally stunted to deal with it like an adult. Same guy refuses to seek therapy because he doesn't want people to take his weapons collection away (again, I know, what was I thinking dating someone like that?)

The guilty feeling needs to stop because I had every right to end it. I also shouldn't have given him any reason why it ended and I don't care how "cowardly" it was to break up with him through text because I don't want to have any direct conflict and yelling over the phone like he did to me several times before.

I'm done feeling guilty at all. He was awful to me and overly paranoid of me. Again, I had every right to end it without any rhyme or reason.

I'm done.

2
User Profile: willingBlackberry8031
willingBlackberry8031 March 17th, 2019

@nobrokenhearts1993 I'm so proud of you for saying that- you're right, you don't need to feel guilty or sorry, but very proud instead for being able to put yourself and your well-being first, keep doing that! A break-up always hurts and as human we tend to romanticize the past because it's what we are used to and we feel unsafe dealing with our new life dynamics so we're tempted to go back but give yoursefl time and hang in there, brighter days are coming up ahead! Sending lots of love your way xxx

1 reply
User Profile: nobrokenhearts1993
nobrokenhearts1993 OP March 17th, 2019

@willingBlackberry8031

Thank you so much!

load more