I recently met my old classmates that brings painful memories for me
Hello again, I feel the need to write something personal here.
Today has been enough of a bad day; lack of sleep, late to post a dissertation topic, having my dissertation topic denied due to its irrelevancy with my major--all seems fine but my mood soured when I met my old classmates from high school who I initially thought forgot about me. By forgot, I mean to ignore me, because I would rather not interact with them.
Having a bad day is stressful enough, but having my past memories of my unpleasant days of high school was enough to make me feel oppressed. I don't know, memories soon rushing inside my head and I was stupefied. One of them noticed me and greeted me, saying if I remember them. I know I'm taught to forgive but I instinctively lied and said that I forgot who they are and fled the place I was at. Then I became riled up, I ranted to my friend about how much I wanted them to ignore me and to forget. Because I never wanted to see them ever in my life, as if prickled by needles the moment my existence is acknowledged by them. I don't know whether they changed but I felt sick to my stomach and lost my appetite soon after seeing them.
I fear that the once outcast me in high school would be dragged away back to that hellish place where I felt I'm against the world. I wasn't very well liked due to how "abnormal" I am in school, and being reminded of what I should have moved on from suddenly and uninvitedly appear like that petrifies me. I've never been to a therapist or a psychologist, I know I have problems but I seriously need some advice on what to do. My mind's a jumbled mess and the hate and rage still lingered in me even as I grow up.
Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you and good wishes for everyone here.
@Len3322
Hi there, it sounds like you've been through a lot and that these experiences and memories are affecting you greatly. It's not uncommon to feel overwhelmed by negative experiences from the past, especially from high school, which can be a vulnerable time for many people. It's great that you reached out for help and support, as it takes courage to acknowledge that we need help in coping with our emotions and experiences.
You are not alone, and many people struggle with similar feelings. It's important to remember that what happened in the past does not define who you are today, and that you have the power to shape your own future. You mentioned that you've never seen a therapist or psychologist, and I would highly recommend considering this as an option. Talking to a professional can help you process these emotions and experiences, and they can provide you with tools and strategies to help you manage your emotions in a healthy way.
Additionally, reaching out to trusted friends and loved ones can also be helpful in finding support and comfort during this difficult time. Remember that it's okay to take care of yourself and prioritize your own mental health. You deserve to be happy and to feel good about yourself ❤️