Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Workplace, childhood and adult bullying

User Profile: acertainshadeofgreen
acertainshadeofgreen June 20th, 2021

I was bullied as a child for being poor and having a speech impairment. I was bullied on the job at different times. Last week I was bullied in an lgbt social group and I felt like I needed to leave. I never learned how to deal with bullies. I only learned how to isolate to avoid pain. Can the community please recommend strategies? I have read some of the other threads but the path section won't let me progress without posting.

3
User Profile: cuteeeezombieeee
cuteeeezombieeee June 21st, 2021

@acertainshadeofgreen
I hope the paths are working for you now! I'm sorry to hear you had to experience bullying at such an young age and in your older years too. *offers hugs and strength*
As for some strategies for dealing with bullying, I think this link might be useful: https://psychprofessionals.com.au/dealing-adult-bullies/

It details out some strategies for dealing with bullies as an adult as opposed to childhood bullying! I hope it helps!

Take care~Sierraheart

User Profile: PeterPan1973
PeterPan1973 September 29th, 2021

That information was very useful Sierra. Thank you. Can you post something on "bullying" in families involving adults too?

load more
User Profile: neonNectarine7888
neonNectarine7888 September 29th, 2021

I have been bullied all my life for chronic sickness, little and poor.