Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you usually seek by watching movies?

User Profile: thecurel0ver
thecurel0ver January 10th, 2024

Maybe you watch it for the new stories, rest for brain and nothing complicated, or well-written characters? Please share! I am really interested for your perspective

8
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou January 10th, 2024

@thecurel0ver

Ooh I think it's a mix hehe, sometimes to keep myself company, as a distraction, as a means of self-care, to just relax and unwind, for entertainment etc. Depends on the kind of movies too!🤔

Interesting question. How about you?

3 replies
User Profile: thecurel0ver
thecurel0ver OP January 10th, 2024

Thanks for answering!

as for me, I mostly seek a visual aesthetics and a great plot with interesting characters. Thank you for asking !!

2 replies
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou January 10th, 2024

@thecurel0ver That sounds amazing, what are some movies that fall under this category for you?

1 reply
User Profile: thecurel0ver
thecurel0ver OP January 10th, 2024

Oh that’s though!! I can’t come up with a movie that has both visuals and strong story


But I liked watching most of Wes Andersons, Tim Burtons and Sofia Coppolas works.


few random films i like:

Dead poets society (I mean ofc)

Last night in soho (love the fashion and plot)

Black swan


Not super interesting choices. I would love to get into film studies and watch more

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo January 10th, 2024

I think I'm fairly similar to Sun, most of the time for entertainment, a distraction, an escape. A lot of different types of movies can fit that.

Sometimes I do want something deeper, that leaves me thinking. I need to have the mental energy for that though. Not the type of movie when physically I'm drained.

User Profile: SimonNocedaStevenson
SimonNocedaStevenson January 18th, 2024

Breaking the cliche smartly, antithesis to unnecessary overdone structures, and wholesome yet realistic.

User Profile: Laila72r
Laila72r January 20th, 2024

movies it’s a way to escape and live in another world the way you want also those characters that you get a bond with especially when they are similar to the personality u have in mind and the story that takes you away for a few sweet moments while being happy,sad,anxious and angry for your favourite characters. I think it’s amazing

User Profile: Ayoe
Ayoe January 21st, 2024

@thecurel0ver

An escape and well written plot and character dynamics. And the visuals. God I love good visuals. I can forgive everything else if the cinematography/visuals is just chefs kiss yanno?