Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Horror Movie recommendations

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 January 2nd, 2022

Horror is a genre that keeps you on the edge of your seat in anticipation.

The sheer terror of jumpscares and the unknown is exhilarating.

There are other genres mixed in with horror as well like comedy and romance.

I particularly LOVE the horror/comedy genre. Some of my favorites are Scream Queens, Happy Death day, Ready or not, the scary movie franchise...etc.

What are some of your favorite horror movies or horror/comedy movies?

48
User Profile: DepressedAnxiousDude81
DepressedAnxiousDude81 January 2nd, 2022

@comfortableNight4463

the childs play movies and the saw movies

3 replies
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP January 6th, 2022

@DepressedAnxiousDude81 The SAW movies are amazing! I LOVED them. Used to watch them with my friends. Thanks for sharing!

2 replies
User Profile: DepressedAnxiousDude81
DepressedAnxiousDude81 January 6th, 2022

@comfortableNight4463

ty for your feedback. Very appreciated indeed.

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP January 7th, 2022

@DepressedAnxiousDude81 You are most welcome!

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: iineedhelp
iineedhelp January 7th, 2022

@comfortableNight4463

hangover, grows up, due date and 21 jump street

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP January 9th, 2022

@iineedhelp Nice! I LOVED 21 jump street. it was so funny!

load more
User Profile: MusicalBug
MusicalBug January 19th, 2022

I really enjoyed "Would You Rather", but I also really love cabin in the woods, the Final destination movies, and Hereditary!

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP January 20th, 2022

@MusicalBug Thanks for these. I haven't watched them but I'm going to give them a go!

load more
January 20th, 2022

some of my favorites are us, get out, child's play, the shining, and it

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP January 21st, 2022

@blueberrywaffles Oh I LOVED get out!

load more
User Profile: sunlight080809
sunlight080809 January 20th, 2022

His House (scary, emotional, edge of your seat)

Happy Death Day (scary but not too scary, funny, sweet)


1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP January 21st, 2022

@sunlight080809 Happy Death day was so funny! I loved it! I heard they are working on a 3rd movie

load more
User Profile: ReadBooks7
ReadBooks7 January 22nd, 2022

Some really scary ones are the Paranormal Activity and Insidious series. I was terrified.

2 replies
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP January 23rd, 2022

@Help127 I watched the insidious series, that was really good. I have yet to watch the paranormal activity series. There is too many of them I guess. Thanks for sharing!

1 reply
User Profile: ReadBooks7
ReadBooks7 January 23rd, 2022

@comfortableNight4463 I do not even know how many Paranormal there are now, I think I saw three or four? The first one especially really got to me.

load more
load more
User Profile: iAmL0tus99
iAmL0tus99 January 22nd, 2022

Not exactly a horror "Movie" more like a bunch of YouTube series. Videos that are niche genre called Analog Horror. Using analog visuals and sounds like the Emergency Alert System tones and TV static to make an unnerving atmosphere with a fear of the unknown and mostly paranormal/supernatural.

Here's a few good series to look into
The Mandela Catalogue
The Backrooms Found Footage
The Smile Tapes
Surreal Broadcast
Gemini Home Entertainment
Local 58 (made by the guy who made the infamous Candle Cove short story)

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP January 23rd, 2022

@iAmL0tus99 This is very different and new. Thanks for sharing! I will be sure to check it out.

load more
User Profile: Eudaimonia99
Eudaimonia99 January 27th, 2022

@comfortableNight4463

For horror movies, I like the Fear Street series. It is quite fun but is not a comedy. There is a horror/comedy TV show that is really good called Santa Clarita Diet, not a movie but worth a try.

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP January 30th, 2022

@Eudaimonia99 Have to try these. Thanks for the recommendations!

load more
User Profile: LavenderBee3612
LavenderBee3612 January 27th, 2022

I recently re-watched Smiley, and I remembered how good it was. It has the vibe of a crappy YouTube short film, but I find that that makes it that much better. It was released in 2012, so that's probably why. It's somewhat underrated; many people I know haven't heard of it.

4 replies
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP January 30th, 2022

@LavenderBee3612 What is your favorite thing about it?

3 replies
User Profile: LavenderBee3612
LavenderBee3612 January 30th, 2022

@comfortableNight4463

I haven't really thought of that before. I guess I'd have to say how it features the online world. Idk

2 replies
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP February 3rd, 2022

@LavenderBee3612 That sounds so interesting!

1 reply
User Profile: LavenderBee3612
LavenderBee3612 February 3rd, 2022

@comfortableNight4463

yeah

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: OnVelvetWings
OnVelvetWings March 10th, 2022

Hostel, April fools day(it's more funny in my opinion and I love it!),The Reef, When a stranger calls,The Collector, House of 1000 corpses, and The Devils Rejects.

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP March 13th, 2022

@OnVelvetWings Thanks for these!

load more