I don't even remember, that is how long it has been! :(
Face off 1997
Gar from the madding crowd
Barbie. I wasn’t expecting the script to be that deep. I was a little teary eyed, in fact. I went in expecting lots of sugar and fluff and whereas that was delivered, it was also unexpectedly a little dark. I loved it.
I find this a very helpful review. Thank you @SailingFox ! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
Akira
It was a ride but honestly I understand the hype, it was a good moive!
I finished "Dear Evan Hansen" the movie version for my first viewing a few weeks ago. There is a lot to discuss in there!
I am currently watching "Overcomer" (2019) from the creators of "War Room" and "Fireproof." It has a powerful message. Overcomer (2019) IMDB.com
We have a ghost. 2023
I watched most of "Gothika" (2003, Halle Berry) on Saturday.
I kind of remember maybe wanting to see it when it came out in theaters. I stumbled across it being aired on TV and had missed the first 45mins or so, but got caught up via imdb.com.
It was billed as a horror, suspense, mystery genres, but to me it was more psychological thriller and suspense type. But then I was watching it in the daytime and at home (not big screen). Maybe it would have scared me more at night or seemed more "horrifying" if I had seen the entire movie.
I would not go out of my way to see it again. I might check to see if our library has it and borrow to watch the beginning. I did watch through to the end though.
It is rated (R) in case anyone wants to know (see link above for more info).
I haven't been to the movie theatre since before COVID, so all of the films that I see are ones that are on the streaming services that my partner and I have. I also have the habit of rewatching films over and over - sometimes to hear in the background while I either play on phone apps or do some hand- sewing. The last one that I saw was "World War Z," a zombie horror film based on the (quite-different) book by Max Brooks (son of Mel, FYI). The film centres on a character played by Brad Pitt and how he gets involved in stopping the zombie, or "Z," outbreak to protect his wife and daughters. He goes in search of the origins and winds up in a couple of places, narrowly escapes death, then works with a lab to figure out how to cure the "disease." I always find it chilling, even though I've seen it so many times now. If you like horror films or the zombie genre (one of my faves), I'd highly recommend it!
Dune part 2
