Leave a message for someone who is no longer in touch with you.
Such a fun prompt. There is a message I want to leave to a friend I met through an online game.. it was over four years ago and this was not a typically clear or clean friendship, rather an ambiguous one that I ended abruptly. And while I ended it - it still took me years to find closure (or rather, give myself closure). I never knew it would weigh so much on me trying to move on.
I would say:
“I know you probably don’t even think of me, perhaps you don’t even remember me. It’s been so long and our connection was quite brief in comparison to the time it’s been since. I have been thinking of you, even dropped in the game a few times in the years after looking for you. But I could never find you again. I’m sorry our connection ended so suddenly and I would honestly give anything to reconnect. But I accept this isn’t possible anymore and make my peace with it. I hope you are doing well, I’m sure you are. You were the wittiest and smartest banter I’ve ever had, and I still remember our chats. It feels so final writing this but I think I just have to put it out here to move on.
I really do wish there was a way I could have found you again… I take full responsibility for losing contact and carry it with me. You taught me that people are irreplaceable, and that there are people out there online who are genuine in trying to connect. You are a memory I cherish, and I can only thank you for the brief weeks/months we shared connecting. Sorry if I hurt you, I was going through my own stuff at the time that led to disconnecting - but I’ve carried the weight of losing such a wonderful connection for years… and it really shouldn’t be so heavy but it hurts to reflect back on what I lost. So I just leave this out here on the internet, a little memo letting the world know I’ve been through this… and I’m just doing what I can to move on.”
@BlatantHonestyI tried
I love you, I need you, I love you, I need you, you were just a fantasy in my imagination all my life, when I found you and you found me, I couldn't believe it even while I was living in it, I felt detached from reality as if it was a dream, I loved you with all my heart, I wanted to face the world for you, but I know that I hurt you, I made you feel like you were on a roller coaster, I lost you, or rather I lost the last hope to fix myself, I don't want to use you to make me feel better, I wanted to love you and I just wanted to take you to the edges of the universe, but I made you go, I lost you, I hurt you, I didn't know how to deal with an angel like you, there is something wrong with me, I don't want you to be hurt because of it, let me live with it alone as I have been all my life, thank you for every second I lived with you, I will never forget it until I die, and I will never love as I loved you forever
@sopharis
Oh my star it was very deep..
@BlatantHonesty
hope you are doing well, may god bless you!!
I know I didn't exactly show it, but you were my first love, and even now you're still in my thoughts. I have moved on, and I am happier with the man I'm with now, but a little piece of my heart, no matter how much I hate it, will always love you and appreciate the good times we did have.
I'm sorry, that I chased you, and then put pressure on you, I forced you into a life you just weren't ready for, and as much as I hate the fact we never worked, I do hope you find whatever it is that you need to feel satisfied with your life.
I'm sorry Jason.
No
@BlatantHonesty
i am always grateful for the love that you give me. it means a lot to me. but idk maybe i can be wrong but if we are seprated things are better not for us but for others who loves you more and ik these are the people u eed most .
I argued with you so you can easily forget me. I was not the right person for you. I can only give pain .
@BlatantHonesty Thank you for being one of my favorite people at one point in my life. I understand that sometimes life and time drifts people apart, but just know that I still think of you from time to time and hope you are doing well. You remind me of one of my favorite quotes: "Even though you didn't make it to the end of my story, I will always have the corner folded down on your page because it was one of my favorites". Wherever you are, I am wishing you the best. I was enchanted to meet you.
@BlatantHonesty
I think that is very helpful I think I will give it a try