Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mirror mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 May 5th, 2025

Does anyone else hate taking photographs, or looking in the mirror and if so what do people suggest to combat it?

136
User Profile: faithfulBunny4716
faithfulBunny4716 May 6th, 2025

I like taking self-portraits, but when it comes to let others taking pictures of me (being group or individual) I feel awkward, because I don't know or understand what they are looking to capture. I can take pictures a see what I clearly want, but when it's the other way around my vision doesn't come true when it's someone else. It doesn't make much sense, but I think that i have a perfectimage in my head that others can'tmake it true in lens. Just a feeling ahahah I've been taking pictures with friends and it has been awkward, but maybe in some time I'll get used to it.

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 6th, 2025

@faithfulBunny4716 Perfection doesn't exist, but your friends want a picture with you and trust me, you are enough the way you are, and whose not awkward 😁🥰

load more
User Profile: DiyaForHelp
DiyaForHelp May 6th, 2025

@Amanda84 I think it is so important to talk positively about yourself in the mirror. What do everyone else think?

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 6th, 2025

@DiyaForHelp oh one hundred percent but because bad and negative thought patterns can really take hold and distort your reality leading to unhealthy ways of looking at oneself 🥰

load more

There are so many filters and apps that people don’t know what they really look like sometimes.

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 7th, 2025

@interestingScenery7877 that's an important point for people to take into consideration, thank you 💜🥰

load more
User Profile: 10INCHBBC
10INCHBBC May 7th, 2025

Nah I'm cool cool with it Amanda

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 7th, 2025

@10INCHBBC happy to hear it 😊😁🥰

load more

I do not like anyone taking my pic.

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 7th, 2025

@enthusiasticKitten3762 Im the same, I can't put my finger on why I hate it so much 🤔💜

load more
User Profile: DemiMondaine
DemiMondaine May 9th, 2025

Could I share a technique I found helpful, as I used to struggle with this? Every morning, look directly and intently in a mirror, and hold your gaze, unwaveringly, for two minutes. You can also do this at night, but do it daily and consistently. By the end of a week or ten days, you'll feel a lot more comfortable with your own reflection. 

3 replies
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 10th, 2025

@DemiMondaine as someone who struggles massively, I will do this, thank you for taking the time to share and care, I appreciate it 🥰💜

2 replies
User Profile: DemiMondaine
DemiMondaine May 10th, 2025

@Amanda84 great to hear that it's helpful. It felt strange doing it initially but it genuinely worked.

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 11th, 2025

@DemiMondaine 🥰💜

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: courageouspanda2006
courageouspanda2006 May 10th, 2025

@Amanda84

Getting photo's taken? Yes, that's why I started doing photography. I'm behind the camera. 😁

Looking in a mirror? Yes. I was actually lectured by my therapist over this. I'm 6'-8" and only see my chest when looking in a mirror. It is a habit of not even bothering. Really didn't like what I saw anyway.🙅‍♂️

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 11th, 2025

@courageouspanda2006 thanks for sharing, maybe I should try and be Infront of the camera too 😁💜

load more
User Profile: CharNonbinary
CharNonbinary May 10th, 2025

@Amanda84 Totally. I think of myself as disgusting on the days I actually will myself to eat, and can barely get through a small meal before checking the scale and degrading the person who stares back from the mirror

3 replies
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 11th, 2025

@CharNonbinary I'm sorry that this is your experience and I want to say, you are in no way disgusting, I know these are only words and my words, and you have to believe it yourself but what I wish for you is to see truly your real worth 🥰💜

2 replies
User Profile: CharNonbinary
CharNonbinary May 11th, 2025

@Amanda84 thank you for your support! I started this app because I was scared of physical therapists (had the mindset they would just give me some depression meds, charge tons of money, and call it a day), but I never expected people would be this nice! You are an amazing person and I hope you have a great day.

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 11th, 2025

@CharNonbinary the pleasure is mine, and nice to meet you 🥰💜

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight May 11th, 2025

@Amanda84

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall,

Who's the fairest of them all?"

"More importantly..." I ask

"What's behind that fixed on mask?"

I look at you, in there see

Stranger staring back at me.

"Silvered surface has misled!"

(Not the image in my head)

I see you but not myself,

Faded phantom, grinning elf!

"Mirror, mirror, I must know

Where did my reflection go!?"

3 replies
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 11th, 2025

@BastionKnight wow, you really have an incredible gift with words 🥰💜

2 replies
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight May 11th, 2025

@Amanda84

Aww, you are very kind. I hope you liked it. *Smiles*

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 11th, 2025

@BastionKnight I loved it 🥰 You just have a way of weaving the words together, to capture a moment perfectly 💜

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 May 11th, 2025

@Amanda84  I don't mind looking at myself in the mirror, but I don't find myself attractive.  Nor does other people which is 1 of several reasons why I stopped putting photos of myself online.

13 replies
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 11th, 2025

@tryingtosurvive2024 everyone should feel good enough 🥰💜

User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight May 12th, 2025

@tryingtosurvive2024

Presents come in all shapes and sizes; gift boxes, squishy parcels, colourfully wrapped, ribboned, patterned or plain, vibrant or pastel, sparkling or matt. Perhaps some people might have a preference for a specific configuration, but at the end of the day it is what we find inside which is most magical. That is what brings the greatest joy. Maybe sometimes some folks forget to appreciate all the delightful details, but that does not make any present any less worthy of admiration.

11 replies
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 May 12th, 2025

@BastionKnight  I think you should turn what you wrote me into a poem.  <3

7 replies
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight May 12th, 2025

@tryingtosurvive2024

Written at your request;

Box with pretty papered sides,

Bound with bows and ribboned string.

What beneath the wrapping hides?

Truly,...could be anything.


Eyes are drawn to vibrant hues.

Some prefer a textured feel.

No matter which one they choose

Each has its unique appeal


Once the gift has been unwrapped

Revelation brings delight.

Hands in joy together clapped.

Beaming smiles of pleasure bright.


Presents of a million forms,

Each has its fascination.

Chose by few or sought by swarms,

Worthy of an ovation.


Pretty papered unwrapped box,

Your contest is treasured most,

Into memory it locks,

Loved and cherished and held close.

6 replies
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 May 12th, 2025

@BastionKnight  🤓

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 12th, 2025

@BastionKnight you are gifted 🥰

4 replies
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight May 12th, 2025

@Amanda84

*Smiles shyly*

3 replies
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 May 12th, 2025

@BastionKnight

In the night,

the knight,

Flew a kite.

Out of sight.

Because it was night.

Darkness was every where,

But I heard an owl, screech in fear.

As He flew into the kite string.

Then I heard the knight start to sing.

I held my ears for fear that they would start to ring.

2 replies
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight May 12th, 2025

@tryingtosurvive2024

*Smiles in delight*

1 reply
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 May 12th, 2025

@BastionKnight 😇

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 12th, 2025

@BastionKnight ah that's just literally made me cry but in a good way 🥰💜

2 replies
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight May 12th, 2025

@Amanda84

That is the most lovely of compliments. It has left me beaming and filled with pleasant feelings.

*Bows gratefully*

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 12th, 2025

@BastionKnight your words helped soothe an old wound 💜

load more
load more
load more
load more