One thing I have never told anyone is....[finish this sentence}
Just... blurt it out! Don't be nervous! Make your secrets not so secret....
I have never told anyone I was molested as a child by an uncle. I still see him at family gatherings and pretend for their sake.
@imaginativeCar2617
im so sorry you had to endure the trauma of sexual abuse, especially by a trusted family member. The scars of sexual abuse are long lasting but know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I work in the field of domestic violence and abuse. In most scenarios there is rarely only one victim of sexual abuse. Please tell someone- allow yourself to heal and prevent another child from having to survive such a tragedy.
@imaginativeCar2617
My uncle had done the same thing to me and it very hard to even be in the same room at family function. And I worry if my other cousins have had the same thing happen to them.
I truly think I loved him, despite the fact that he only wanted me for sex and liked her and likes the girl he
@bwayblue he is not the last!? U can find other guy better than him right!
That I was assaulted by my older cousin when I was about 8 or 9. I told one person on here because she was going though a similar experience and needed the help but no one in real life. Ok, actually my sister knows but only because he did it to her too.
@brightMelon7624
I am truly sorry you had to endure the trauma of sexual abuse, especially by a trusted family member. The scars of sexual abuse are long lasting but know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I work in the field of domestic violence and abuse. In most scenarios there is rarely only one victim of sexual abuse. Please tell someone- allow yourself to heal and prevent another child from having to survive such a tragedy.
@BecAnne008 thanks for the encouragement, but I can't tell anyone . The family drama and rifts it would cause would be unimaginable and I couldn't do that to my grandparents or aunt because they're all such nice people. And I don't think he did anything to anyone else besides us, so don't worry about that. By the way he acts around me now, I think he's sorry and trying to make amends but I ignore him as best as I can. Thanks anyways, I appreciate that you took time to comment.
One thing I never told anyone is that I have never made my own path. I have just accepted all things given. I have never made a real choice for myself.
@talkybit42 u can hv ur own choice! Just mk up ur mind to be determined like ppl wouldn't do ur dreams! Right!? I know life so hard to mk u stick to ur choices but u can do it
*trigger warning*
I know that theres a decent chance that Ill loose my partner to suicide. They are also extremely depressed. Im trying to help them through, but I dont think its working. I just know they give me what little happiness I have in my life and Im willing to take the risk because Im so in love with them. Ive never felt like this for anyone else, and I dont think I ever will.
@Ki0694
Remember it's nothing that you or anyone around them that is causing the depression. The depression distorts throughts to an unreasonable logic. A logic that only depressed people can make sense of. It's something they have to realize, and decide to go through the journey of finding the right meds and then sticking to it. There are other things that may help, everyone needs a mix of different things. I'll list some:
Meds, exercise, light therapy, avoid reminded sugars, CBT, mindfulness, a psychologist to talk to, suicide prevention program, art therapy to process emotions, emotion regulation classes, people/books/videos to give new perspectives, WRAP program, harm reduction, grounding, sound therapy
I had to use all of them, and still am, to fight suicidality.
Wish the situation turns out better. I'm always here to talk.
@ReservedExcitement
thankyou for your support. Art therapy sounds great! I might try it myself
...that i am a sad person.
@ezra1999
Just like 90 percent of us!
..theres a half decent chance Ill lose my partner to suicide in the future. They are also very depressed, even worse than me. Im trying my best to help them but Im not sure if Im succeeding.
As detrimental it will be to my health, Im not willing to give up, despite the risk. I just love them way too much.
That I humped off a bridge one night and survived but when I for home I just told my parents that I got pushed off a bike.they didn't care. There are somtimes I wish that bridge was higher and other times I'm greatful it was as low as it was.no broken bones.
@discreetTurtle3785 jumped*
@discreetTurtle3785 it was a dream!?
@LOEY61. I pretty sure it wasnt. I had bruises and scratches front the road.
@discreetTurtle3785 from
I still love my guy bestfriend even after we ended things, and I know I shouldn't. It's only out of holding onto an illusion of the past, and I don't want the person I know now in that way. I'm just an idiot.
@SiberianHusKi33 Youre by no means an idiot. We cannot control matters of the heart. If we could, life would be filled with sunshine and rainbows. I have always wished there was a switch we could hit to fall out of love and tk stop caring but human nature doesnt work that way. Give yourself time to heal- theres a reason youre not together and it has nothing to do with you or your character. Dont lose faith that true love is waitin for you.
One thing I have never told anyone is my ex tried to rape me, and though I was strong enough to stop him, I almost let him because I thought I deserved it. 