Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One thing I have never told anyone is....[finish this sentence}

User Profile: Laura
Laura June 17th, 2016

Just... blurt it out! Don't be nervous! Make your secrets not so secret....

2551
User Profile: enigmapeach
enigmapeach December 26th, 2016

I still have imaginary friends at age 23 and I would prefer being with them more than actual people

2 replies
User Profile: bestPeach7500
bestPeach7500 December 27th, 2016

@enigmapeach

I often wonder if my depression got worse when I gave up my imaginary freinds. At least I had them they were the only ones my ex-wife could not force me to get rid of. Now I have no one. I prefered my imaginary freinds they always talked decent to me and always made me feel like I was important and could do anything. Now I feel worthless, unimportant and like I do nothing right ever.

User Profile: reservedexcitment
reservedexcitment December 27th, 2016

@enigmapeach same here and I'm a few years older

load more
User Profile: Ajooba
Ajooba December 26th, 2016

I sometimes get jealous of myBEST FRIEND. or my own brother . Or someone else that i love. And it makes me feel horrible. Does anyone else do that?

3 replies
User Profile: ThomasHs
ThomasHs December 26th, 2016

@Ajooba I get really jealous of my cousin that is the same age as me. He has the things in life that I can only wish i had. He had a good, well paying job, his own house, a beautiful and awesome girlfriend of many years. I can't work or study because of my depression I've had over a decade, I live in a shitty apartment and never had a girlfriend. I haven't seen him since Christmas last year so I don't have to be reminded of what I don't have and doubt I ever get.

User Profile: bestPeach7500
bestPeach7500 December 27th, 2016

@Ajooba

I realized over the weekend I get jealuos of my wife because she has freinds and I have none. So if she needs to go and escape for a while she has people and I have no one. I wish I did not get jealous of her in this way, but I miss having friends and wish I had some.

User Profile: Exist56
Exist56 December 28th, 2016

@Ajooba 100% can relate. It's a rollercoaster of emotions. I think it's normal to an extent, not saying it's easy to deal with, but working on forgiving ourselves for having normal emotions might ease our own self criticism.

If anything, I try to acknowledge the negtive feelings but still be happy for the person. Well, if they aren't awful people, lol. It's tough.

load more
User Profile: warmheartedHuman2014
warmheartedHuman2014 December 26th, 2016

That a couple of years ago, I was suicidal after a break up with my first serious boyfriend. I wasn't depressed and hopeless because I couldn't have him in my life. Maybe a little. But the real reason was because I didn't want to have a life as a black woman in America. I swore I could get my wish and live in Europe where I wouldn't have to worry about any future sons I would have being profiled and killed by the cops. A place where I could leave everything that made me feel like an outsider behind. Him breaking up with me forced me to move back home. And that was the catalyst for my depression and suicidal thoughts. He was the only person I told I was suicidal. Once. He thought it was solely because of him or that I was just trying to get his attention...

im holding it together quite well with my recent breakup. He was the one who 'helped me see the sun where I once only saw clouds' and the reason I decided to come home for good. I think I'm holding it together quite well, but that may just be because my friends and family were of no help with my last break up. So, I'm forcing myself to carry on so they won't judge me...

User Profile: Cephaloria
Cephaloria December 27th, 2016

At least 2-3 times per week (depending on the week), I get incredibly anxious without knowing why. My mind starts to run in loops, and I feel like I'm being suffocated. It's a weird, almost physical feeling, and sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy.

One night I woke up at 3 AM and couldn't stop repeating the number 9 in my head. Not thinking clearly and still being drowsy, it was as though every time I repeated the number 9, it was multiplied by the previous number (9*9*9*9*9), and the larger the number got, the more panicked I felt. I felt like I had done something terrible and unforgivable; something that would forever label me as a horrible person. It wasn't until I'd been pacing around the living room and cleaning the kitchen for about 15 minutes that I realized I was being dumb and needed to go back to sleep. This occassion was isolated, but was the strongest I've felt that suffocating feeling.

I've never brought it up with a doctor, and I feel like some sort of medication to chill me out would benefit me, but I don't want 'mental disorder' plastered across my records.

2 replies
User Profile: reservedexcitment
reservedexcitment December 27th, 2016

@Cephaloria Is living a life with this level of anxiety, better than living well without it? An employer or school would not know of your health records.

User Profile: Exist56
Exist56 December 28th, 2016

@Cephaloria Your medical records are private and anyways general anxiety disorders are pretty common, I think. You don't have to live with this burden. :)

load more
User Profile: bestPeach7500
bestPeach7500 December 27th, 2016

That no matter what you say I will always feel like I am worthless and not good enough becasue to many people before you have made me belive this is true. I wish I could change and be happy all the time. I am alone even when there are lots of people around me.

User Profile: ashbash17
ashbash17 December 27th, 2016

I get incredibly angry and i don't know why. I usually lash out at my husband, who doesn't deserve it. I wish people knew how i feel on the inside and not just the mask i wear in public. Maybe then people would understand the real me.

1 reply
User Profile: reservedexcitment
reservedexcitment December 27th, 2016

@ashbash17 most people wear masks everyday, you're with lots of the same people

load more
User Profile: Exist56
Exist56 December 28th, 2016

In my teenage years I had a friend who was suffering from mental illness. I didn't know how to be empathetic and didn't work at being a better friend. My group had a falling out with him when he became angry and judgemental over his increasing religiousness. I still feel guilty I wasn't there for my friend. I miss him.

User Profile: YourSafeZone
YourSafeZone December 28th, 2016

When I was young I was a victim of a terrorist attack that burned half of me.. I got almost paralyzed, wasn't able to walk or do anything and my flesh was exposed which made me obviously leave school and stay home to suffer of my own. Now I can walk and do everything I want but I still have those burn marks.. I hated them the first couple of years because I used to say how will I ever be in a relationship, who would want to look at my body, or be with a girl who had a terrible past. But I forced myself to deal with it and be thankful and strong because there are others who have a worst situation than I do.. people with no arms or legs, no family, nothing. That's how I got used to it and instead of making me sad when I look at it, it makes me brave just to know that I was strong enough to go through it. :)

4 replies
User Profile: mcorbettd
mcorbettd December 29th, 2016

@gracefulParadise93

All I know about you was what you have written in this post, but I can already say with confidence that you're the bravest person I've known.

1 reply
User Profile: YourSafeZone
YourSafeZone December 29th, 2016

@mcorbettd

Thank you so much! This truly means so much to me :) without your support I wouldn't be alive today ^_^

load more
User Profile: reservedexcitment
reservedexcitment January 2nd, 2017

@gracefulParadise93

You are the definition of the word strong!

User Profile: goldenlychee18
goldenlychee18 April 4th, 2017

@gracefulParadise93 im so proud of you!! :D this made my day thank you for sharing your story.

load more
User Profile: Ajooba
Ajooba January 2nd, 2017

I feel very scared almost every time i step out of my home. And think what can go wrong today.

1 reply
User Profile: Exist56
Exist56 January 11th, 2017

@Ajooba Same here, lately.

load more
January 7th, 2017

After 4 years of being with my boyfriend i think i'm falling for one of his friends and its tearing me apart