Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

So. Much. Pain.

User Profile: brenbird
brenbird Saturday

Im on the patch and yesterday was my first day of patch free week. Its supposed to be 2 to 3 days after you take it off that you get your period. I got it last night. Im on the patch for really painful and irregular periods. It seems the pain hasnt gotten any better. I want to take my ovaries and uterus out of me, put them in a blender, and then put them in a paper shredder. There is no reason for my body to be this upset that I didnt let it get pregnant. 

6
User Profile: Clio9876
Clio9876 1 day ago

@brenbird

Lol.

I sure shouldn't laugh at pain and misery. But I just related so much. It so isn't fair! I hope by now the pain has relented a bit.

5 replies
User Profile: brenbird
brenbird OP 1 day ago

@Clio9876

It's so much pain and it's stopped but I know in a month its going to be back

4 replies
User Profile: Clio9876
Clio9876 16 hours ago

@brenbird

Yes, you are right. It's not just the pain that is miserable. But the knowing that it will come time and again every month. That feeling of it being inescapable makes it so much worse.

3 replies
User Profile: brenbird
brenbird OP 6 hours ago

@Clio9876

Why do our bodies have to be so angry at us for not getting pregnant?

2 replies
User Profile: Clio9876
Clio9876 2 hours ago

@brenbird

I don't believe there is any anger there. It sounds like you feel that your body is punishing you. But punishment implies a level of cognition, and a body on its own doesn't have that. The cognitive part is you. So are you punishing yourself?

And is punishment always associated with anger? Is pain always caused by anger?

I believe your body is just dealing with a situation that it's not so well equipped for. It evolved to be pregnant or breast feeding for most of its adult life. There likely wasn't much evolutionary pressure to evolved a better system for cycles that didn't take, other than dump and move on. Its exceedingly inefficient in fact.

1 reply
User Profile: brenbird
brenbird OP 2 hours ago

@Clio9876

No im not punishing me, my body is mad at me and gives me horrible cramps just because Im not pregnant

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more