Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

women places online(rant)

User Profile: cloudyday000
cloudyday000 2 days ago

Hi this is the first time I post in this forum or the site in general.

And sorry for mistakes English is not my first language

I am a woman from Iraq, I am not allowed to go outside alone or with my friends.( only with my family).Same thing with living alone and travelling.

So internet is the only place, or I thought so.

Every time I browse women groups (in both Arabic and English) on any app or site I find these issue:

1-Men invading these places.( And no, a lot of them are not here for learning, they are here to tell women to shut up in their own places).

2-Very obvious concern trolling.( example: instead of "women should stay at home", they say "um actually women working are not helping in defeating capitalism").

3-They only support if the woman is 100% prefect, and the man is a monster and has zero aspect of humanity. Anything other than that, you will find people who dismiss and victim blame and by default support the man perspective.

4-Some of them blame the majority of sexism on women to dismiss sexism by men.

5-False equivalence.

The thing is, I do not know why only women groups are like this? I can find Arab groups that has zero racism just fine. I can find groups for other topics that free from all of that just fine.

sexism is not only coming from conservatives but also from left leaning too cuz I see it loudly in all these places.

I do not think this world has place for me at this point.

6
User Profile: cloudyday000
cloudyday000 OP 2 days ago

If you are here, thanks for reading.

sorry if it is negative but I am both very lonely and fed up with the world.

I need a place this is why I came here, thanks for the place and for reading.

User Profile: Remina
Remina 1 day ago

@cloudyday000

Hugs. it is really frustrating when spaces cant stay safe and people come in and invalidate the space. We try not to let that happen here but if it does, you can report it, as thats not allowed. Men are welcome to come here to support women but not if they want to invalidate.

User Profile: cloudyday000
cloudyday000 OP 16 hours ago

@Remina

Thanks for the reply and thank u for keeping this place safe, btw I was talking in general and not ranting about this forum.

I actually like it here.
User Profile: Remina
Remina 15 hours ago

@cloudyday000

I am glad that it was in general and that this space has been good for you! You're welcome

load more
load more
User Profile: Aayla
Aayla 1 day ago
@cloudyday000 sexism is one of the most widespread forms of oppression, and unfortunately sexist men can't stand the idea of women having their own safe spaces free of sexism, because they know that if women have such spaces they will challenge the oppression they face and change things. They don't want to allow that, so they invade those spaces to make sure women never get a break from sexism and end up consider it inevitable.

That's why it's even more important to be there and reclaim those spaces. It's an exhausting struggle to constantly have to fight for your own freedom to feel safe, but we can't let sexism take over. We owe it to other women who are maybe less aware of oppressive dynamics and would benefit from seeing other women challenge this behavior and not let it slide.

It's important to have women-only spaces with a strong feminist mentality, and even if it's a struggle to keep those spaces safe, we women can count on each other to keep each other safe and strong against oppression.
User Profile: cloudyday000
cloudyday000 OP 16 hours ago

@Aayla

I agree with u 100%

thanks for your comment

load more