What is the best way to relax at night?

What is the best way to relax at night?

Zeina Ghoul, LLPC

I help guide clients to create positive change in a non-judgmental and supportive atmosphere.

Anonymous
I do many things for relaxation in night. 1. Go to roof and watch the stars under the cool atmosphere. 2. Hear soothing music. Many times spiritual. 3. Deep breathing. 4. Eat something I like before I sleep. 5. Meditate for a while. Think all positive things happened to me in my life. All those times when I was just going to fuck it up and somebody helped me. :)
QuietKitten123
For me drinking a cup of green tea and reading a chapter from a book really helps. i try not to do anything to stressing before bed.
TeaMaster1
February 23rd, 2015 4:07pm
Personally, I relax at night by winding down my level of activity. I stop doing work for the day, I change into my pajamas, and do something to relax like reading a book or watch an episode on television. After I'm done with that, I get my mind in the frame of going to sleep by brushing my teeth and getting into bed.
CoffeeTeaAndHonesty
Write everything you're worried about down on a list; getting everything on paper will not only make you feel better, but it allows you to set those worries aside and deal with them in the morning. | Have hot tea (non-caffeinated!). | Take a hot bath or shower. | Enjoy a calm activity such as watching a show, drawing, etc.
Gi
Just get home and leave your problems behind for a bit. Sometimes we need to clear up our mind. Otherwise we go crazy! So go watch your favorite movie, listen your favorite music... eat something different. Take care of yourself.
julie0203
The best way to relax at night is to read a book or do some journaling. Also having a nice cup of tea is a good idea too, but make sure that it doesnt not contain caffeine. Or a glass of warm milk can be good for some people. Taking a nice warm bath with a bath bomb and candels can be a really good choice too!!! Oh and dont forget some lavandar essential oils:)
positiveComfort79
what i do personally is I have meditation music playing in the background that iset to a loop to play all nightlong.
LilyFlowers
May 3rd, 2015 5:26am
There's a lot of ways actually. For me, I can sleep better when not hungry. They also say herbal tea is good. One other thing I do while trying to fall asleep is listen to some music specialized for that. Did you mean relax for bed or just at night?
SlowReader55
After a stressful day I like to come home, turn on my games console, load up my laptop, play some video games and watch some YouTube videos :)I do this because it's my favorite way to relax and unwind from a stressful day. I chose this way because it lets me escape from the stress of every day life. Playing games like Minecraft and GTA. Letting my mind shift into the mind of someone else in a different universe and let all my worries float away. Another thing I like to do is play guitar. I can sit and play all the great tunes I know how to. Using my mind for something other than maths and stuff like that :)
HoneyStarling
I like to just lie in bed, and focus on deep,rhythmic breathing and close my eyes and empty my mind, focus on nothing and just drift. But I also find laying off caffeine and sugar, lavender scents, clean bed linen and relaxing music also really help!
AtoTheB
Make the room dark, lay down with a fan blowing on you, and play some nice chill music :) If you're running into issues with it being too hot, you can also take a damp wash cloth and put it on your forehead or wherever you need
donotlosewhoyouare
hang out. Listen to your fave music. Be on tumblr. Sing out loud. Do yoga. But this one is the better: turn music on, and go to bed, sing till you fall asleep
Anonymous
The best way to relax at night is to do something you enjoy! While what I enjoy is probably different than what others enjoy, thats okay! As well as it is okay for you to enjoy something else. Doing something you love is often one of the best stress relievers out there :)
towardaquietmind
I think for every person the 'best way' is different. Personally I like a bath with lavender oil and listening to relaxing music through my iPod headphones. I know other people do mindfulness or meditation or yoga in the evening. Resources about 'sleep hygiene' contain many suggestions of what you could try. Its a case of trial and error until you find the one, or combination that works best for you. In general we relax when we are able to 'slow' our minds and quieten some of the toughest and feelings.
sweetpanda17
For me listening chilling music and lighting some scented candles (vanilla, flower etc.). Then i will relax on my bed.
Anonymous
Turn the lights off. Try and listen to some relaxing music or your favorite songs. You could try and read a book or lay down.
bountifulMemory59
It really depends on what kind of thing you enjoy Things like watching a favourite film or tv program can help,spending time with people you care about relaxation or meditation exercise craft work I hope you find something that helps I usually like to do one calm activity such as a bubble bath or listening to music Hope this helps take care 😊
SingingWolf
For me personally I have a cup a decaf tea, either green tea or a white tea and either pick up a classic book or my journal. I make sure I turned off all my electronics and have a quiet place to sit.
Emilyle
Sit back and relax do your favorite thing and don't think about anything!! Just be calm and be happy.
Miashay
What helps me the most is making a warm cup of tea, grabbing a good book, and cuddling with my cat a few hours before bed.
Anonymous
Having a warm drink like heated milk, hot chocolate or herbal tea can help to relax you. A cool body temperature can help you get to sleep, so making sure your room isn't overheated or showering (because then you warm up in the shower and cool down when you get out) might help. Making a list of things to do the next day can help you to plan out what you need to get done and then stop worrying about it in bed. Minimising screen time with your phone or laptop can also help you to get sleepy by reducing your exposure to bright light that might keep you awake - reading a book is a better way to chill out. Listening to soothing music or focusing on your breathing when you get into bed can also help you to relax and get to sleep.
Anonymous
The best way to relax at night is to listen to calming music walk around in your home until you feel calmed then go to bed.
perfectoriginal
Well, it can be different for everyone, but I've found that reading before bed can help a lot. You could also try listening to soothing music or things like that.
picturesque03afterthought
It depends from person to person. Personally, for me writing all my thoughts down helps a lot. It's like venting out all your thoughts, worries on paper. It's a good way to clear your head. Apart from this, music, reading...which also helps in sleeping well does work.Go for any thing that makes you happy and helps you to calm down. It's all about experimenting and seeing what works for you.
enjoythesmallthings
Don't use your phone. Have a drink without caffine and read a nice book or take a nice and hot bath
Anonymous
Taking a hot bubble bath, listening to calming music, reading a book, creating art or even going for a walk if you live in the country
Anonymous
Opening some music while you're laying on your bed and dreaming of the good things that might happen in your life.
30secondstohan
In my personal opinion, there are several things that make night times relaxing, especially if you're feeling anxious. The first one has to be a nice hot bubble bath combined with a good book! It just gives you privacy for half an hour to an hour, gets you involved with other characters, let's you be in another reality for a little while taking a load off your own for a while. I also enjoy watching tv or a movie, surfing the internet or playing games. If I'm feeling particularly anxious or lonely, calling or messaging a friend is a good way to either take your mind off things or gives you space to talk to someone you trust. All of these have helped me relax and knowing I've kept my mind busy helps me sleep a little easier too :)
caringShell96
That differs from person to person, but there are ways which are common for everyone. Rely on different herb treatments to ease your nerves, practice different breathing techniques. I have always found it quite helpful to listen to an audio book while falling asleep.
Anonymous
oh gosh, the best way to relax at night is sleeping for me. But again, you can take a walk, or read a good book.