Do you believe that time heals all wounds?

Victoria Cook, LCSW

I work to meet all clients where they are - working first to understand their needs and employing the tools needed to help them become their best, most empowered selves.

Eston
Yes, but only if you choose to let go of what happen to you, only then you will be heal. However, if you continually to hold unto what happened to you, you will not be heal as you will continually to relive what happened to you. Healing is a choice
Anonymous
The wounds caused by emotional means heal over time, and we're left with scars. These scars will always be a part of us, they serve as a reminder that we have gone through something very hard, but we've ultimately landed on the other side. Time may not completely heal our wounds, but it helps us become stronger
resourcefulCupcake48
I don't believe that time makes you forget things but I believe that time does make things easier. You begin to realise you aren't spending as much time stressing over each and every little detail of what happened. You begin to find that you are moving forward with life. You do not have to forget the past but simply know that things are different now. It's hard at times and sometimes the memories come back but it gets easier and time moves on. This is true of many situations not just limited to one or two.
peaser0712
As much as a wound can be healed yes I do. That phrase always makes me think twice about things though, I had a friend who was in the Black Hawk Down Battle and he said over there, the indigenous people's saying was "death heals all wounds." So appreciate life.
Anonymous
I don't know if they actually really heal, but they do become easier to deal with. As we get older and begin analyzing some of our past situations, we come to a better understanding of why things may have happened the way they did and what we can do to avoid similar situations.
Shikoba12
September 22nd, 2015 8:16am
Personally I believe time is a great "pain killer" however it cant erase what has happened or heal every wound. when something bad happens to us its like a mirror that has been smashed, we can put the pieces together but the crack will always be present. but its good that it is visible because we can face what things that have wounded us in the past and we can learn form them making us stronger individuals. time suppresses our emotions, making the wound grow everyday, True healing can only be achieved by not waiting for time but by taking action for yourself.
xoCat46
Yes, I do. But I think it is a mix of time and effort. With effort, I mean learning to work with your wounds, getting stitches, and trying not to open the wound once it starts to close. Then, you got to learn to look at the scar and live with it. I wish time alone could do the job, but I've come to realize it is useless and painful unless we eventually put our minds to it, and even seek for support when it is needed.
Lior
Not only time heals wounds, but it helps a lot. Time let you see things in different perspectives, calm down and helps you to let go. It's not the only thing that can heal and other things can benefit also, but it is a large healer.
meggy17
Time and a distraction. No matter how many hours or months go past you are never going to forget or get over your problem if you arse constantly thinking about it.
promisesR4ever
I do believe time heals all wounds. The bigger the wound, the longer time it will take for you to heal. It's inevitable, but the way we act to heal those wounds matter. Give yourself time to mourn, but not too long. After that time, go back to your regular routine. It may be hard at first, but you can do. Time will heal.
ItsCloe
They say that time assuages, Time never did assuage, An actual suffering strengthens, As sinews do with age. Time is a test of trouble, But not a remedy, If such it prove, it prove too, There was no malady. -Emily Dickinson (I'm not very sure I wrote it correcly, but that's what I remember)
StrawberrySunshine77
No. Some wounds cannot be healed even by time. Time just makes certain wounds hurt less, more tolerable.
Talk2Heart
No. Although time plays a part in healing wounds, it still depends mainly on the person's way of thinking, and how they respond to the situation. Thinking positively, and thinking from another perspective combined with time will heal wounds.
RamonaWinchester
No. It might heal physically. But the emotional wounds can take long to heal and you need to do something for them to heal - change your mind and not let things get you down that happened long time ago. When loosing a loved one - that hole will NEVER heal. But it gets better and you start to learn how to live with the hole. Like when going to a wound specialist or simply a doctor to help you heal physical wounds with the right dressing and in the end you are left with a scar - people sometimes need to reach out for help to heal their emotional wounds
cherryblossomsss
Time can be used well for healing, but I don’t believe that time can heal all wounds exactly. It’s what you do with the given time that really counts in the process of healing.
raisinmyremedy
I believe that time can heal many things and it can help make us stronger people... I don't know whether or not it heals all wounds, but it seems as though it can really help in terms of being able to accept an event that has occurred, or being able to move on from something. I guess time gives us the ability to learn from our mistakes and be able to become the best person that we could possibly become as it gives us a chance to reflect on the past.
Gi
No. I dont believe in sitting and waiting for things to get better. We not only need people to help us, but also ourselves. I think thats the most important help. If we want something, we make it. :)
FeatherIce25
Your efforts and some time will surely heal everything .But you have to be honest to yourself and let time do its work.
Anonymous
Time does heal all wounds. It heals so much, we just never give it a chance. It can take a while or not very long at all. But we have to work with it to achieve our goals in healing.
lovelyLynx18
Yes it does. You just have to wait it out. Talking about it with others also helps heal your wounds.
awesomeFreedom17
Yes, sometimes in life we all experience hard times, but we are all strong and we can always come out the other end. There are people here to support you and you can get through anything.
Brittneym101
In some cases I do believe that time can heal wounds. Not necessarily all of them. You do have to be patient and wait for things to get better. It's not going to magically happen over night, but in the mean time just pray over it.
iwillbeyourfriend
Time may not "heal" but it can cause us to change the way we used to look at our life events. Getting spaced out of the painful happening can Change our perspective which will eventually lessen the pain we used to feel. Overtime we become wiser and get more wisdom of why that particular event happened. Time will also allow us to have a more outlined veiw of the damage and the possible reason of why it took place. Time will help us deal and make sense of our hurtful happenings which will build character and make us stronger.
NightmareRose
I do believe time heals all wounds. As cheesy as it sound, I think it's true. But it takes more than time to heal, I think with effort and patience that we put in our self we can have a better look on the situation, as time pass on we become more understanding of the situation and accept the situation better and become able to move on. "Before you know it, it's 3 AM and you're 80 years old and you can't remember what it was like to have 20 years old thoughts or a 10 years old heart".
Everyone is different. There is no one answer fits all. Everybody heals in their own way at their own time. If you or a loved one is having difficulty dealing with a situation and moving forward from the wound, perhaps you can talk with someone you trust about the situation or seek advice from a trained professional.
Anonymous
I believe that time will heals all wounds. New people will come in our life and the wounds will heal over time
Celena
I don't really think you heal unless you are able to forgive or deal with the problem in a way. Time just allows you to prepare yourself for dealing with it.
simran14
Time does heal but along with your efforts to look forward to a better future,positive feelings and a courage to move on
compassionateSunrise13
Yes, I believe that time heals all wounds because with time a person grows and becomes mature. only when you look at the past, you are able to understand that whatever happened, it was important for you and that understanding makes you a better person by each growing day and that is how you heal.
lovelybeans
Yes, it takes time to get over things like eating disorders to breakups. But things do get better once you can move on and do things that make you happy and be with people who make you happy