I’m feeling suicidal, but I have no one to talk to. I can’t call any hotlines or anything like that because of my severe social phobia and there doesn’t seem to be anywhere I can chat to someone. Where can I get some help and feel safe doing this?

Hope Hadding, MSW, LCSW

I am a professional therapist with extensive experience working with various mental health disorders as well as sexual issues. I am supportive and non-judgmental.

Emily619
If you lack the courage to reach out, that is completely okay. The courage will come with time. Journaling your thoughts and feelings, as well as reading books from authors who have endured similar hardships as you, can prepare you to build up the bravery to reach out. You can do this!
Anonymous
there are texting hotlines, if that helps. sorry i can't be of more assistance.
Anonymous
There are people on here who can help you. There is always hope. With every storm that you go through in life, there is always light around the dark clouds, I promise you. I've been there, too.
Anonymous
Depending on where you live, you can always try a Text Line Service where you wouldn’t have to talk over the phone, you can just text in and you’ll “chat” with someone via phone texts. You can also try to get into contact with an online counsellor/therapist who takes special requests to talk online or even over skype via chatting, so again no phone calls necessary, just typing online (similar to 7cups, if that makes sense). Sometimes, some mental health websites offer specific online courses to people struggling with thoughts of suicide & depression, some of these are free, and they might even refer you to a therapist after completing the course if you want one (again, done via chatting/texting). There’s a lot of options out there, but these are the ones I can think of at the top of my head.
practicalSail1609
If you go to school there will probably be a guidance counsellor or someone to talk to. I would say step away from the screens for a while. Try to stop overthinking by bringing your focus back to your body by stretching, moving your legs and arms. Trust me it works! Remember it is only temporary and life will get better! Find things you enjoy- reading, meditating, going for walks. Don't procrastinate and please try it. Be in tune with your spirituality. Please try to smile at people as you go past and maybe join a club. Join in with conversations if this is easier than starting conversations or say a statement like, "Oh I like this..." and complement them or "I'm so tired". It's literally three words but a great conversation starter. :)