How do you learn to accept yourself and come to terms with your sexuality?

Jui Shankar, Ph.D

My worldview offers a systems perspective that values diverse clients and their struggles. I believe supportive and nonjudgmental therapeutic relationships empower clients.

Anonymous
You know, this is a good question. And as good questions go, it's a hard one. I think that it's easiest when you give it time. Take asexuality. It's kind of a crazy thing, the idea that some person isn't attracted to people physically (I should, and do, know ;)) But with any sexuality, once you get over the shock and surprise, embracing it as a part of the beautiful soul you are helps you grow and flourish. Researching your new-found sexuality term can also be very helpful too
Anonymous
I had woken up in a shock one morning, realizing that no matter how bad I wanted to admit it, I was not straight.
Allears247
By deciding not to care what other people think and love yourself for who you are. Accepting that people are not going to always understand you and when you stop seeking other peoples approval.