Is it normal to just let it all out and cry?

Susan Carter, PhD LP

Sometimes you just need someone to listen, who gets it, who sees hope, who knows where to start and what steps to take. I can be that someone.

Mylifeismylove
Sometimes you just need a good cry but does not mean you are weak, but it is just you tried too longer..
Yes, crying is a good way to deal with certain emotions and can lift burdens from you if needed. Crying is often underestimated. But by truth it is a good way to heal lots of wounds.
vanna
In my experience, personally, bottling things up that upset or hurt me breeds resentment and more sadness. Crying and letting it out cleanses me in a way, it lets all that pent up emotion flow out without feeling like I have to conform to someone's idea of being perfect emotionally/happy. after a good cry, I always feel better!
LatteJoy
Yes, it's perfectly normal. It's even beneficial to cry. Simply crying and letting out all the built-up pressure can help a great deal to reduce stress. It's not weak, not is it cowardly to cry. Sometimes crying is also important in order that all the frustration leaves your mind. Take care. :)
FeatherIce25
It is normal and necessary . That vulnerablity makes us human and is beautiful . Let it out , cry all you want , but once you are done crying , never cry for it again.
InsideCriminalMinds18
It's very normal to cry and let it all out. Sometimes, it even helps you feel better. I remember when my grandfather passed away, I didn't cry. I didn't cry about it for a good two or three years, it just took that long for everything to build up so much that I couldn't take it. If you're upset, and you can feel yourself holding back tears, don't be scared to just them all out, you'll feel better once you have.
PrivatePillow
It is. And it's one of the best thing you can do to help yourself sort things out. If you always shut your emotions down, you will be faced with so much stress and you won't be able to focus on things that are truly important. Let it all out once in a while, or even any time you need to. You will feel much better and it'll be easier to move on.
Maria1811
It is absolutely normal!! I used to be really afraid of showing emotion and would never cry in front of people, even my parents. The older I've gotten, the more I realize that there's nothing to be ashamed of! Crying is a perfectly normal part of life and is healthy for expressing emotion. Don't be afriad to let people see you with your guard down!
picturesque03afterthought
It is..in fact it's actually necessary to just let it all out because at the end of the day, we are mere humans..we have our limits, right? we cannot just keep on adding on our baggage and expect us to go a long way...we need to lose some of it. And if you think crying can help you..do it..flush it all out, it's not a weakness till it helps you to stay strong. There is a quote.. "cry as much as you want to, but make sure when you're finished, you never cry for the same reason again"
Anzhel
It is. You will feel better when you let everything go out of you. Don't save your sadness because after crying everything will be okay.
JustBreatheLikeKat
Yes, I believe that it is totally normal! I also like to think that it can be healthy. As long as it doesn't happen to often!
iloverunning
Yes, crying is definitely normal. I don't know about you, but crying makes me feel better because it helps release stress hormones or toxins.
HappyPlaces
Yes, a lot of people cry to relieve stress and pain. It works very effectively, I think the reason why is there's a hormone that's released in your brain after crying and makes you feel better.
miraculousEmbrace28
I think it is! When I'm down I cry and let it out and it makes me feel so much better....It works for me!
MoonlightShadows
Yes, this is completely normal. To not acknowledge our own feelings and give ourselves the care of validation would cause suffering. Don't deny pain and hold it in, avoid it, or use some distraction to cope with it. The pain will still be there and will manifest in some way triggered by an event or situation.
Anonymous
Yes its perfectly normal to let it all out and cry once a while. It lets the negative come out of you and help you prepare a better version of yourself.
AutumnBreeze92
Yes, It's normal and don't worry about it because it is not a weakness. We can think It as a good way to release emotional pressure.
Anonymous
it's good to purge out a lot of stuff we've been holding in all at once. I do it on the regular! crying is normal too. its just a natural response to getting things off your chest.
Anonymous
yes because it is not good to keep your feelings bottled up as it would make you feel worse.. let it out and cry and move on with life..
kayu
yes sometimes it is, letting it all out and crying helps a lot for taking out our inner feelings it is necessary. cause it is not always possible to stay strong without expresssing.. we have to take it out sometimes. letting out and crying is also one form of expressing.
DreamySunshine
YES! It relaxes us to just let it all out, it's the human nature. No one should be ashamed to cry, do you feel ashamed when you laugh? No because it's normal so is crying.
Anonymous
Its very normal for both men and women to cry, and better to cry profusely, were hard wired to cry and when we hold it in it will just manifest itself in other ways.
BrightNBold
Yes, absolutely. Sometimes things can just get you so worked up that you need a way to vent. It's completely normal.
calmsunshine89
Sometimes it can be. Letting emotions out can help you from having a panic attack and/or blowing up at someone.
Anonymous
Its normal. Holding it in just leads to a bigger explosion in the end. Crying just means you've been strong for a little too long and personally, I think its much better than feeling numb.
Anonymous
Yes it normally to let it all out and cry because crying does help to relieve the emotional burden and as well as helps feel lighter in the chest. Because the bottle up of emotions greatly affects the health and also the quality of life, so it is better to let out the emotions by crying to release the flow of emotions.
Anonymous
Not only is it normal, it can be healthy and helpful! Expressing emotion is a great way to acknowledge how you are feeling, to process those feelings. If you notice that you are crying all the time (daily) or for no reason, you might want to check in with someone for support.
Anonymous
It's not only normal; it's healthy, even! Holding all your emotions can be so tiring and so heavy, and sometimes you just need to let it out and let yourself cry or scream or break down. But the important thing is to pick yourself up afterwards, and keeping moving forward. :)
kindheartedSunshine88
Bottling everything up will lead to depression, anxiety and other emotional tensions. Although crying in public often distance you from general crowd. Crying in alone could have its pros and cons. If u r a shy person crying alone will free you, letting it all out. However if you r overwhelmed, you need physical assistance. Knowing ur grief is the main point here. Try to play the scene which makeyou cry, and if within 5 mins, if it becomes unbearable, divert ur mind in other activities. Try it 3-4 times if sadness is not reduced, make sure to have someone close to you. You will need it.
Anonymous
Yes, it is. It shows that you've been strong for too long and sometimes, you just have let it all out. Tears needs to breathe once in a while.