Am I asexual? I find that I’ll think someone is attractive when I meet them, but it never crosses my mind that I might want to have sex with them, but later on I sometimes decide I would. Am I ace?

Serene Sarah George, Diploma in Counseling Skills (DCS), Pursuing MA in Psychology

Mental health counselor who believes in supporting people to think through their emotional challenges and empowering them to find resolutions or effective coping mechanisms.

- Expert in Questioning Identity
Being asexual would imply never experiencing sexual attraction to anyone, under any circumstance. It doesn't sound like your case. Experiencing sexual attraction less frequently than other people, or only experiencing it later on when you know someone better, is possible for people of any orientation.
HouseOfGold21
Sexual attraction is a spectrum. Have you heard of the term demisexual? This is when a person only feels sexually attracted to somebody once they have got to know them. Whilst it's not super common, there are a lot of people who identify as demisexual. Even if you're not demisexual, it's totally normal for a person's sexual attraction to come in waves. There was a time in my life where I could either take or leave sex - it wasn't a big thing for me. I'm a little older now, my hormones have settled and now I definitely have more of a sex drive/ experience sexual attraction a whole not more.