How do I know if someone is interested in me?

Angela Serritella, LCSW , CADC

Mental Health is a journey of learning to understand yourself, thoughts, and emotions. I feel that this is a journey that is best taken with support.

calmZebra60
Well, it is highly personal. But there are a few signs near universal. Do they ask you a lot of questions in an attempt to get to know you? Do they say good morning and good night? Do they respond to texts quickly and do they ask if you are free to go places? Those are all very good signs of interest, even if only a little.
CoachCicely39
You could ask them. After all that is the only way to really know. I mean you can try reading body language and grasping for hints here and there, but these are not always accurate. So at least by asking you can be 100% sure.
Anonymous
By their actions, how they treat you and how they react to something that you do. They do stuff that interests you and ask you questions, try to make plans with you.
Anonymous
They look and stare at you and cant keep there eyes off of you. They usually flirt and tell you how beautiful/handsome you are
Jackpot1066
Generally it is the little things that give it away. Side way glances, making eye contact at random times, an “accidental” touches, etc. Also if it seems like the person is trying to make the effort to talk to you, even if the time is not very convenient for either of you. If you are talking, watch their eyes and nose. If their nose pinks up, or their eyes dilate, that means they are nervous talking to you. So yeah verbal and physical cues are super important in determining if some one is interested in you. Good luck to everybody!