Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Say Hello! We want to meet all 40 year old members!

User Profile: Laura
Laura September 1st, 2015

Say hello and share 3 things about yourself!

664
User Profile: independentPerson3835
independentPerson3835 January 2nd, 2020

43. Dog lover. Complete and utter failure in life.

1 reply
User Profile: Leslie1125
Leslie1125 January 21st, 2020

@independentPerson3835

I think we might be twins.

User Profile: loyalGrapefruit4075
loyalGrapefruit4075 February 5th, 2020

@independentPerson3835 I cant even tell you how many times I have said the same thing about myself.

load more
User Profile: aromatherapyFlamethrower
aromatherapyFlamethrower January 5th, 2020

Hi folks,

Just signed up and relieved to see there are people my age (44) here to chat with. Opening post said three thing about myself, so here goes.

I haven't had professional help since I was a teen and private therapy isn't going to work with my current budget.

I have been involved in visual and performing arts since I was a kid. For the past 5 or so years, my productivity goes from manic to non-existent. I'd like to change that.

I feel like I have a hand in my chest that randomly wrings the sadness out of wherever I keep it. It is totally irrational and seems to have no relationship to my environment or other stimuli. In other words, I experience the physical aspects of loss and greif, but nothing is actually happening.

It feels selfish to talk about myself like this.

1 reply
User Profile: bubbleYard7962
bubbleYard7962 January 8th, 2020

@aromatherapyFlamethrower hi there - its not selfish to talk about yourself, thats what this forum is for. Nice to meet you - I hope you get the help youre looking for, Ive found some listeners to be helpful at points when I hit rock bottom. Also dont have a budget for paid therapy and the free therapy waiting list is ridiculously long in the UK.
anyway, here to talk if you ever need a friendly ear so to speak.

User Profile: Leslie1125
Leslie1125 January 21st, 2020

@aromatherapyFlamethrower

I don't think so. Thank you. Very descriptive. I appreciate it.

load more
User Profile: Matt2179
Matt2179 January 14th, 2020

Hey all,

Im Matt. I just turned 40 last November. Three important things about me are:

- Im currently a non-traditional college student majoring in English.
- Im a writer of fiction and a published columnist.
- I was a widower at 33, but have since remarried.

Just like everyone else here, Ive been through my fair share of unique experiences and I feel like without support I wouldnt be where I am today. I feel as though I have a responsibility to offer support to others who may benefit from it in the same ways that I have.

User Profile: cliffhangers
cliffhangers January 14th, 2020

44 and wishing the counter will hopefully stop this year...

User Profile: Leslie1125
Leslie1125 January 21st, 2020

Hi there 43 in Texas. I've been away from 7cups for a few years, I've been struggling lately and I really needed to come back.

User Profile: maeko7
maeko7 January 24th, 2020

Hello all. New and just bouncing around the forum. 3 things, huh?

🔹I just turned 40 at xmas. I don't like it. It makes me feel weird. Hell, I don't even know what happened to the 30's! Last I checked I was 36...

🔹I just became my husband's fulltime caregiver. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing but got 👍 from the pros. He's happy with it so...

🔹I have a pet squirrel named Mr Pickles. 🐿️

User Profile: ObsessedWithFire
ObsessedWithFire January 24th, 2020

I am almost 49 (next month) and the dr. thinks I am a firesetter.

I have a wonderful husband of 25 years and we have 5 children, one (girl) is in college (graduates May 2021) who is almost 21, a 17 year old boy, a 15 year old boy, a 12 year old girl and a 9 year old boy.

I am in a partial hospitalization program bc I just got out of prison for arson after doing a year.

User Profile: loyalGrapefruit4075
loyalGrapefruit4075 February 5th, 2020

Hi. New here too. Im 42, married for the first time at 40. Have a really hard time making friends and letting people in. Most days feel more self concious now than I did in my 20s....really thought it would get better as I got older, it hasnt. Glad to find some people I can talk to.

User Profile: Lostsoul1980
Lostsoul1980 February 5th, 2020

Helo not sure why im here i just feel the need to get help and meet new people

User Profile: Lostsoul1980
Lostsoul1980 February 5th, 2020

Helo new here

1 reply
User Profile: Lostsoul1980
Lostsoul1980 February 5th, 2020

@Lostsoul1980

User Profile: Tigger76rty
Tigger76rty February 20th, 2020

@Lostsoul1980

Hey lost soul.

Where did you leave it? Not exactly a set of car keys is it 😁

I hope your soul turns up soon.....lol 👍

load more