Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

(Thread closed) Day 16: Do you have makeup, clothing or an accessory that makes you feel positive about yourself? If so, what is it and why does it?

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 January 17th, 2019

Do you have makeup, clothing or an accessory that makes you feel positive about yourself? If so, what is it and why does it?

@24963534 @1Marg1 @amiablePeace77 @AmusingJet302 @Aspace4u @bestplum1189 @BeyondTheInvisible @Bigvalleyrob @BlueSkyDay1911 @bogartfan @Brokenhearted @carefreeheart57 @CaringPanda45 @caringPumpkin64 @convivialBlueberry6200 @DanaMH @chickadee123 @decisiveTangerine1372 @easyBalloon5468 @empathicForest15 @exuberantAvocado5095 @faithlove1111 @fearlessPine2167 @FlowerLily23 @funkygirl @Glorene @gracie2303 @greenpear8830 @GuardianAngel77 @GusteeMoon123 @GustyOne4U @Help0ver5OAnxietyorManicBiPolar @inventivehouse2965 @January1963 @joliver1967 @JolivetteListens @kittycat15 @Lauren63 Lolowise475 @LumenEssense @mellisendis @MistyMagic @MissPen @MusicCandy @mutter3 @Nova101 @Novalis4u @OffMyTrack @pamharley003 @passionateWheel1397 @PaytonGlover @pinkPapaya7701 @Pixielou44 @purplehairedone @quietSail6485 @pinkPapaya7701@rainbowsage5 @redGrapefruit5314 @RenaeListens @richyShiny39 @Roger57 @Roxy0007 @ScarletLand3247 @scarletSpring3133 @Shycat542 @sincereHemlock2665 @SmileAtWill @SoulfullyAButterfly @soulsings @Texgal0869 @Tom444 @Tish1982 @Tyedyedbutterfly @vh @wittyNest2941 @what @worthystruggle @Zengrl

24
User Profile: pamharley003
pamharley003 January 17th, 2019

@DanaMH

21 minutes ago

Day 16: Do you have makeup, clothing or an accessory that makes you feel positive about yourself? If so, what is it and why does it?

One thing that makes me feel happy is having my nails done. As for clothing my riding boots. I also love my jewlery I wear

1 reply
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 17th, 2019

Having others do our nails does make us feel good and all the cool colors we can pick for polish also. Jewelry and boots sound fun.


@pamharley003

load more
User Profile: mutter3
mutter3 January 17th, 2019

@DanaMH My yin and yang necklace,reminds me to stay grounded and balanced

1 reply
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 17th, 2019

Staying grounded is very important also.


@mutter3

load more
User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 January 17th, 2019

no

2 replies
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 17th, 2019

Some don't and that is ok.
@Lauren63

User Profile: SoulfullyAButterfly
SoulfullyAButterfly January 17th, 2019

@Lauren63 - I'm in the same boat with you for this question, and yes, as Dana said, it is totally okay! I tend to feel more positive with my thoughts instead of something abstract.

load more
User Profile: Zengrl
Zengrl January 17th, 2019

Pink hair color—makes everyone smile which makes me feel it

5 replies
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 17th, 2019

I love pink. I have a pink coat.


@Zengrl

4 replies
User Profile: Zengrl
Zengrl January 17th, 2019

@DanaMH I do too :)

3 replies
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 17th, 2019

@Zengrl

We could be twins. heart

2 replies
User Profile: Zengrl
Zengrl January 17th, 2019

@DanaMH Someday I

1 reply
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 17th, 2019

@Zengrl

That would be wonderful!

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Offmytrack
Offmytrack January 17th, 2019

I have a brown checked cap that always makes me feel better. A previous girlfriend talked me into buying it because she said it looked good on me. Since then, many people have commented on it, so I just naturally feel better.

1 reply
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 17th, 2019

@Offmytrack

That is so great to here. Yes, when others tell us we look good wearing things it does make us feel better.

load more
User Profile: MissPen
MissPen January 17th, 2019

a pair of diamond earrings that my husband gave me years ago when we had gone through some hard times.

1 reply
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 17th, 2019

@MissPen

That is so sweet of him.

load more
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 January 17th, 2019

@DanaMH

one thing I like in particular is a beach wrap I got from hubby about 21 years ago (still great) because it is from him, the material is soft and cozy, beautifully painted in orange/yellow/pink, very artistic. it gives me a feeling of comfort.

1 reply
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 17th, 2019

@amiablePeace77

That comfort feeling and from someone you love also makes it so much more precious also.

load more
User Profile: Tinycupcake
Tinycupcake January 20th, 2019

I love wearing makeup and dressing up. It makes me feel amazing. Having my hair done is a big thing for me. Not sure why but I feel more put together.

1 reply
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 20th, 2019

I enjoy getting my hair done also. It feels relaxing also.


@Tinycupcake

load more