Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

(Thread closed) Day 7: Do you think you care too much about what others think? If so, how can you change that?

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 January 6th, 2019

See guidelines for badges here

Check out this article on worrying about what others think

Do you think you care too much about what others think? If so, how can you change that?

@24963534 @1Marg1 @amiablePeace77 @AmusingJet302 @Aspace4u @bestplum1189 @BeyondTheInvisible @Bigvalleyrob @bogartfan @Brokenhearted @carefreeheart57 @CaringPanda45 @caringPumpkin64 @convivialBlueberry6200 @DanaMH @chickadee123 @decisiveTangerine1372 @empathicForest15 @exuberantAvocado5095 @faithlove1111 @FlowerLily23 @funkygirl @Glorene @gracie2303 @greenpear8830 @GuardianAngel77 @GusteeMoon123 @GustyOne4U @Help0ver5OAnxietyorManicBiPolar @inventivehouse2965 @January1963 @joliver1967 @JolivetteListens @kittycat15 @Lauren63 Lolowise475 @LumenEssense @mellisendis @MissPen @MusicCandy @mutter3 @Nova101 @Novalis4u @OffMyTrack @pamharley003 @passionateWheel1397 @PaytonGlover @pinkPapaya7701 @Pixielou44 @purplehairedone @quietSail6485 @pinkPapaya7701@rainbowsage5 @redGrapefruit5314 @RenaeListens @richyShiny39 @Roger57 @Roxy0007 @ScarletLand3247 @scarletSpring3133 @Shycat542 @sincereHemlock2665 @SmileAtWill @SoulfullyAButterfly @soulsings @Texgal0869 @Tom444 @Tish1982 @Tyedyedbutterfly @vh @wittyNest2941 @what @worthystruggle @Zengrl

22
User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo January 6th, 2019

When I was younger, sure. I think that's a normal part of being a teenager though!

Now I think I have a fairly decent balance. Yes, it creeps in at times and I would like to have better control over it. I think though I'm at a place where it's pretty good, especially with my atypical situation due to illness/amount I can reasonably work. That took some adjusting to and it was hard explaining 'staying at home' due to illness when meeting people & running into people I haven't seen in a while.

1 reply
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 7th, 2019

@AffyAvo

Glad to hear that you are in a place that it is good. I agree with you that illness is harder for those that have that going on. Staying at home is hard not getting all the social interaction while out with others also. Glad that you found 7cups to have some of the internet interaction with others.

load more
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings January 6th, 2019

@DanaMH when we are children, it is important to care what other people think. Part of being an adult is to learn what to care about and what does not really matter.

1 reply
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 7th, 2019

@soulsings

Totally agree with you and sometimes we have to think will it even matter in an hour, a day, a week, etc.

load more
User Profile: mutter3
mutter3 January 7th, 2019

Rather than care what others think it is more important to care about others❤

3 replies
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 7th, 2019

@mutter3

Agree with you. I care about a lot of folks and my self-love is needed sometimes.

2 replies
User Profile: mutter3
mutter3 January 8th, 2019

@DanaMH by giving to others it has a domino effect and I end up caring more about me and experience an increase of positive energy

1 reply
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 8th, 2019

@mutter3

That is so awesome to hear that! smiley

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Offmytrack
Offmytrack January 7th, 2019

Do you think you care too much about what others think? If so, how can you change that?

I do care a lot about what my sweetheart thinks about me, and I do care about what my supervisor thinks. Other than that, I don't worry about what others think too much.

1 reply
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 7th, 2019

@Offmytrack

I agree it is important to know how those individuals thinks since one you are with and the other one is your boss. Glad to hear that you don't worry about what others think too much.

load more
User Profile: MissPen
MissPen January 7th, 2019

When I was younger I really didn't car too much what others thought. As I get older it seems that I do think about it alot. Maybe the key to changing that is to recognize when I fall into that pattern of analyzing what (I think) others are thinking. From there I could possibly try to redirect my analyzing into something more productive.

1 reply
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 7th, 2019

@MissPen

That sounds like a great plan to start doing.

load more
User Profile: Zengrl
Zengrl January 8th, 2019

I think I care when I

1 reply
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 8th, 2019

@Zengrl

I like that idea a lot and finding out what does trigger it will help a lot. Sounds like a great goal to work on.

load more
User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 January 8th, 2019

I think administrators and moderates respond to people they like. The rest of us are just crap on the side of a road.

4 replies
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 8th, 2019

@Lauren63 @soulsings

Lauren,

I know that I greeted you when you entered the room. I do know I was away for a little while due to cooking since I had training right after and had to ensure my family was fed on time and had to do some prep work during the session. I also saw at least 1 other person greet you when you entered the room also. Sorry you feel that way but when folks talked in the room, we were responding to them.

1 reply
User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 January 9th, 2019

@DanaMH so when I responded Hi everyone, you didnt see it, or when some asked about how the day was and I responded, no one saw it . So obviously it is my fault. Sorry.

load more
User Profile: caringPanda45
caringPanda45 January 8th, 2019

@Lauren63 as I've said on another post I'm sorry there were problems but only saw greetings and no answer.

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings January 9th, 2019

@Lauren63 I am sorry you feel you are not treated properly. That is not something that is intentional. Sometimes it takes several posts in a discussion to get noticed and recognized. The best way to feel part of discussions is to keep responding to others comments and the current question. That can make a big difference in the amount of attention we receive.

load more
User Profile: pamharley003
pamharley003 January 11th, 2019

@DanaMH

Do you think you care too much about what others think? If so, how can you change that?

I use to care about what others think but now I am working on pushing the negative out of my life and surrounding myself with positive people.

1 reply
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 11th, 2019

@pamharley003

That is so good to hear that you are surrounding yourself with positive people in your life because it also makes us happier on what is going on in our life.

load more
User Profile: Tinycupcake
Tinycupcake January 12th, 2019

I don't all the time, a big improvement for me. I still have my moments here and there but then I try and think that they really care less.