Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What are some areas in your life where you struggle to show yourself compassion?

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 October 19th, 2025

Check-In 50+ Oct. 20 to 22, 2025


What are some areas in your life where you struggle to show yourself compassion?


1st part of taglist 10/13/2025

@00WHY00 @1Marg1 @24963534 @24Help1 @4Rainbow42 @5catsandme @7EggsADay @8Khaleesi8 @allen99 @ArinDee @Actuallynobody017 @adaptableOcean4193 @adventurousBranch3786 @adventurousSugar1991 @affableowl5126 @affectionateCat9553 @affectionatePear7889 @agreeablestrawberries1285 @ahaller @ahds2k @ahel58 @akbj @AKmarshmallow @Aksabode @alan254 @alanapiana1970 @alleywood13 @amanda @ambitiousNectarine1482 @Amelia763 @Amelia2324 @amiablePeace77 @amiableTortoise2797 @AmiYumi @amusingcranberry1537 @AmusingJet302 @anderly @andy @Angelface50 @AnnieIsMe @aquaCake3636 @ARIBA5 @Artemis13579 @AshcloudMac @Aspace4u @Audy916 @Awesomesummer1628 @ayeyaeyaaaaaaaa @azureAcres1605 @azureblueheron @azuladragon34 @Baby1120 @ballooningSloth @BaltimoreSpring @bamafan96 @Barltik2065 @Beanno @beautifulsoul @becausepuppies @Beck @becknit @beachyone @believing777 @berta0322 @Bestmaple2045 @bestplum1189 @betheileen @better2Bbrave @beverlianne @bigalt21 @Billyjoe9717 @bimmernizer @BirdsWhoWrite @bisketties @bklnstar @BlackApple6420 @BLSD2021 @bluebell34 @BlueEyes1819 @blueOrange6725 @BlueSky0708 @Blueskye24 @Bluesky1964 @bluevelvet3 @Blugreg @Bodhichicka  @bogartfan @bouncyBeach42 @BookishWendy @bouncyVoice4149 @breezyoctopus @brightChestnut3152 @brightShip8753 @BrightSugar1923 @brightZebra 8925 @bubblePomegranate7179 @Bumblebee41 @BurdensDown @cafelatte46 @cal1860 @CaliforniaViv @calmblueocean @calmVase7032 @Cammiecat @CandyBubblegumSprinkles @carefreeheart57 @CarefulGrapes590 @carefulsailboat231 @carelady @caringone1004 @CaringPanda45 @caringPumpkin64 @CaringSharon @CaringSoftly @CaringSub @carscarey @casey90 @cathy @catlady @catmandu @caughtinthemiddle @Cazzy8752 @Cheerie @chickadee123 @Chro411924 @CHT @CintaBali @classylady521 @Cliffg747 @Clio9876 @coach411 @Communicativepenny8383 @compassionteHuman5626 @CompassionateLand2815 @Confused7461 @conscientiousCoconut8216 @convivialCake8989 @ConvivialFriend9402 @Cookiecrumbles7079 @coolvibes @CoriF @courageousCoconut7282 @CourageousDaisy1111 @courageousLemon182 @CourageousSpring2022  @courteousLime9432 @Creamyyy  @CreativeYard1702 @ crimsonRaspberries1486     @crimsonShade6782 @CtownMimi @ctw1237 @Cubby2020 @curiousbutterfly77 @currentwise @cyanBirch4288 @CyclingThroughLife @Damaris62 @DanaMH @DancingJoy811 @dapperPond2037 @Dave94305 @debbiehun @decisivetangerine2856 @decisiveBanana1981 @DDPaintsStuff @DeeGold @DELTA0112 @Den2542 @determinedNectarine9383 @dillon8524 @DinaElwy @diofono @diplomaticoak9588 @discreetMelon5938 @discreettriangle87 @DiscretOcean7936 @doginashirt @dolphinlver @Doodles7 @duces @ecstaticlght @einarsgirl @elderfarm @Electric100 @ElizabethGiovi @EmbStitcher33 @empathicForest15 @Emptynest2020 @emotional232023 @enigmaticOcean8813 @endearingLion70 @Enthusiasticnest1089 @equinox56 @eternalHero77 @Eva66 @Every1ahome @ExDesertScapegoat @exuberantAvocado5095 @fairmindedStrawberries7429 @Faithfulapple2400 @faithlove1111 @Favor2020 @favour @fearlessSouth4632 @FlowerLily23 @FoolsSelf @forcefulFriend4768 @forcefulStrings1005 @forcefulWriter32 @forko23 @Freeskier @FriendlyAnju777 @friendly10 @friendlyCat50 @fromthetent81 @frothyMagic6772 @FusionX33 @GabbyGee @Gabriellegahnsuksah @Gale1032 @galfromaway @gardenyarn @generousBalloon786 @gentleEast4230 @gentleLand5245 @GiftedEmpath3 @goldilocks1041 @goodmelon8247 @goodYard1477 @goodStrawberries7059 @GothamRam @gracefulDay3692 @GrammatoBoys @Grandma1 @GrandmaLolly @Gramma2FnM @Grammy23 @Grammy23 @Gr8ful1974 @Greenpear036 @greenSummer1236 @gregariousKiwi9594 @gregariousZebra21 @guitarman087 @Gwen1963 @GypsyRed @HaloCompany88 @hoppa12 @HealingGriz @Heather2020 @helloBike4402 @hellopusher @helloTalker8798 @honestPeach5447 @Hotaru419 @hounddog2021 @HY00 @iamroni @icanremember @icedcoffee211109 @IHDW1982 @ihtak @impartialDrum1848 @impartialRaspberries1389 @indigolilly1500 @indigoFriend7851 @indigoMoon1246 @innerLove @intelligentSail5966 @introvertedextrovert2122 @intuitiveBunny8426 @intuitiveFriend1097 @Ivy229 @Irene2552 @IWuzADuck @JackKost @jackrock @japanesegardengirl @jazzgtr @Jim @Jinx012014 @jlmouranet @jillwings7@JolivetteListens @JoniGirl @Judecat42W1370 @junem @justbecause @Justbreathingx9 @JustExisting1027 @JustMe1225 @justpassingthrough10 @K8tjee @kala @karyn0601  @Katbtrying552 @Kathy1212 @kathy3667 @Kavajava @kcollier6517 @Kevin0291 @kickiree @kickan75 @Kimberley555 @KindblueEyes @kindCloud141 @Kira09 @kit4228 @kitty2018 @kittycat15 @klemen @koyaanisqatse8 @Kurt789 @LadySnowcat @LakeGirl819 @Lara @lateasusual @Lauren63 @LavenderDaily @lesjon @lelahni @Lifer @lightBalsam5585 @LightSoul108 @lilaj3796 @LimegreenNorth1124 @LindaWinNJ @lisamac724 @ListeningKaty @livefreely04 @LivingLovingLifeRecovery @livingwithbpdx2 @lledmonds1969 @Lolowise475 @lonea @Lonelybeth @LoneShade @lookingforpeace @lookoutOwl8 @LostanLonely @Lostinlove50 @love



20
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP October 19th, 2025

2nd part of taglist thread 50+ Oct. 20 to 22, 2025

@Love2Boat65 @LovecraftianHorror @lovingTangerine2547 @LoveResearcher @lrsmith9636 @LucianX @luv2shop @mabelanne20 @madhu @Maebyb@Maka10 @mamamel @mamapants @MariaLands @Marspock @meforexample @Melayla @Melissa22320 @Mellieme l1971 @mellisendis @metta2u @mettagirl @MidwesternCalmSeeker @Mindy @ministermichelle @Mishka1599 @MissPen @Mla69 @mm2022 @modestOcean7984 @modestwatermelon2938 @moi2016 @mommabear0562 @MondoRalph @Mooboxer @mooboxer @moocher @morecake @Motherofcats1955 @MrKindness @MsVee2021 @MusicCandy @Musicman50 @musicwithbrass @mutter3 @myer @MysticSoul88 @Nanci @navyAcai7149 @neatandtidy72 @neverendingtime23 @NightListener3262 @nippycat @NotAllHere713 @No1Angel68 @nobodyimportantmn @Nogift @NormaAnne @Oddball76779 @oel @OffMyTrack @OliveCamp8456 @omez125 @OmWeAreOne @Open12 @OptimisticAcres4817 @optimisticRaspberries5247 @outofspace7 @PatienceImpatiens @PaytonGlover @Peace1221 @peaceandlove65 @peachy53 @PepperBunny  @pgreen6840 @phantomsmilesphilosophicalacai7803 @PitbullMom9 @philosophicalAcres8914 @philosophicalKiwi4956 @pianocat @PigfaceMcGee513 @placidplum3193 @pluckystrings4696 @plumPapaya7147 @plumSkies6526 @politePear3867 @positiveriver9935 @potatoxcrispztrish @powerfulOak2587 @powerfulMaple1852 @practicalbalsam @PracticalCat2637 @proactiveCup703 @Proudme @Puddinpen @PurpledPeach @purpleNorth4637 @purplefan5510 @purplepansies8591 @purpletangerine87 @purpletree4652 @PurpleWater74 @pxidis @Qooo @quietbeach575 @purpleCircle8013 @quietFlower25 @QuietLightning  @quietSail6485 @quietStrawberries9260 @Ran3707 @RainbowRosie @rationalWater7635 @RavingTiger @readytolisten7799 @RebelliousMirror @redOrange9587@redCococnut7440 @redPenny @Redpeppers @Redrhapsody @reliableHickory3670 @reliablemoon26 @reliablemoon6376 @repen13 @ReservedHickory86 @reservedOwl321 @Resourceful2021 @rhoda @richyShiny39 @RideaRainbow @River416 @Roger57 @RogueOne1983 @Rose1324 @Ross63 @roxymar @ruffneckred @Ruthanny1243 @sabeyesofblue3535 @sailinsunshine @SallyMoore @sallymander36 @samSympa3 @Sandidegeer @SarahKind @sb805 @ScarletLand3247 @ScarletPear1945 @SeaLady @Seasidelady61 @secretMap2091 @Sedtzl1 @seeker1898 @SeekerSher @seekinghappy55 @selfdisciplinedPenny281 @seniorlady @sensibleBunny2134 @sensiblePal7535 @ShadowFaerie @Shycat542 @shycranberry2308 @sillyrabbit7 @sincereGrapefruit4682 @sincerelandsincereOak6832 @SKHK @SkillfullMeans @Skyglider @SleeplessVet @SloRollin62 @smead85 @Smilintru67 @smokescrunch @sngrlittle @snugglyLight2001 @sonerii @soothingArrow47 @sophiaaiello @SoulfulCat22 @soulsings @spielmanjr @spongbobishappy @SpreadAloha @StartExploring @stayingsafe @SteampunkOkc @stilltrying126 @sthompso @StormyTimes @straightforwardKiwi7811 @stressBear @strugglingtocope99 @stampy853 @StillSurvivingThriving @Sue1111 @Sue88 @sunnyplum5193 @SunnySpruce3523 @sunnyZebra2336 @Sunshine4691 @SunShineAlwaysGrateful @SusyKaploosy @SuzieQ1 @swammi01 @SweetSami @swim215 @swinston222 @swordpsalm @sympatheticCat267 @Tabbysflower @Tailormade1 @tanimaya @Tanq2u @Tawanda526 @tealCranberry7379 @tealDog6333 @tealPlace1858 @Teresa416 @terrig996 @TexasTabby @thecaringone @thoughtfulRaspberries8714 @ThreeFires @Tish1982 @tranquilheart @Treat @Tri2BHappy @Trying5555 @turquoiseJar411 @twidget @twm @Tyedyedbutterfly @understandingSea8000 @unicornbarb @Vadras @versatileHickory1709 @Vintagelung @VioletVeritas @vouberto @Walker7957 @WarmWool @waterdragon81 @weatherphoto @WharfRat @Whisper292 @whisperingfairy7 @whispersrlonely @whitewingeddove1107 @Wicket51 @willow3836 @wittyNest2941 @WonnderWoman @Woodlandwalk42 @wordnerd @worstpossibleusername @WorkingitThrough2 @worthystruggle @WrenegadeWen @Yashoda108 @xe14 @xinero @xrosez @Yashoda108 @yzzil @Yushix @youcancallmeLili @zaramerch @Zengrl @ZeeshanZahir

User Profile: purpleTree4652
purpleTree4652 October 19th, 2025

@amiablePeace77

I think I struggle to show myself compassion if it is mental anguish that I am experiencing.  I've been through so much that I know how to pick myself up and keep on going.  If it is physical anguish, I know to slow down and rest.

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP October 20th, 2025

@purpleTree4652

You came a long way! Please remember though that showing yourself compassion is okay and can "sweeten" your life.

load more
User Profile: akunknown
akunknown October 19th, 2025

@amiablePeace77

What are some areas in your life where you struggle to show yourself compassion?


Giving myself credit or credibility or telling myself I’m capable of doing this bc for my entire life I’ve been held back from doing things and robbed of opportunities to try. I haven’t been exposed to much bc I’ve been isolated from the world bc I was never accepted. Despite all this I’ve always been compassionate with myself and through years of practicing that it’s gotten so much easier and easier.

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP October 20th, 2025

@akunknown

Thank you for sharing these words with us so others can read and understand that self-compassion can make life easier!

load more
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 October 20th, 2025

@amiablePeace77

I struggle to show myself compassion with regards sometimes getting retriggered by the past. I sometimes try to be there for everyone else to the detriment of my own needs 💜💕

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP October 20th, 2025

@Amanda84

Do you feel that you need to work on "I matter, my feelings matter!"? 💙

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 October 21st, 2025

@amiablePeace77

To be honest, I never had a what about my feelings moment in my life!

load more
User Profile: akunknown
akunknown October 21st, 2025

@Amanda84

I’m so sorry to hear that. Sending you hugs, love, and support. Please know that you and your feelings absolutely do matter. 

I’ve always been where you are - never having a my own feelings matter moment in my life as well as putting others first at my own cost. I’ve always paid for it ever since. Please try not to let yourself get to that point. Help others if you want to but please help yourself too bc you matter just as much if not more than those you’re helping. 

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 October 22nd, 2025

@akunknown

Thank you, your kind words mean the world 💕💜

i-love-you-love-you.gif

load more
load more
User Profile: WharfRat
WharfRat October 20th, 2025

In my ineptitude at just about everything, I know that it is because of a lack of experience, so I can't expect myself to be good at it.


User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP October 21st, 2025

@WharfRat

Many things are about practise and it's no different with learning self-compassion. You are worthy of your own compassion WharfRat!

load more
User Profile: 4oreverStar361
4oreverStar361 October 21st, 2025

I'm often very self critical, so I feel guilty to say kind things about myself at times, but I'm trying to work on it.

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP October 21st, 2025

@4oreverStar361

The harshest judgment we can get is from ourselves. I am glad you're working on being less self-critical! It will make life easier. 

load more
User Profile: sincerePineapple6964
sincerePineapple6964 October 22nd, 2025

This is kind of a long list for me. I turned 50 in May and was diagnosed ADHD only 6 months prior. I am only now actually figuring out how to properly manage and getting meds regulated. I spent a lot of time (too much) being frustrated or angry with authority figures in my childhood and early adulthood. I then began to “what if” anything and everything I’ve done. For obvious and numerous reasons, my wife and daughters didn’t exactly love that and had to expend a not insignificant amount of energy in reassuring me that in fact they like who I am and who I’ve always been. The problem that they didn’t (and still kind of don’t) get is that I have never liked myself. I masked that the best I could for years because I had no one to discuss my utter lack of self esteem with. I kept it in. I kept a lot in. I masked. The funny thing is that since my ADHD diagnosis, I have worked harder than I ever have at trying to like myself. I’ve actually had days and weeks where I have. Felt like a worthy person that is. My wife has complained to me recently that I have been worse about my self esteem since the diagnosis. However, we are perceiving this from very different perspectives. For me, I’ve never liked myself, so when I feel good now, I try to acknowledge it. And vice versa, I have also acknowledged verbally (and with a story usually) when something is said or done that triggers my self hate and my recognition that it exists, thereby avoiding my self hate. For her, my very imbedded self disgust is relatively new, and in 25 years when it has shown up it’s been felt with and we moved on as if they were isolated incidents. The reality for me though is that talking about my self hate is taking its power away. If I deny my self hate it grows and consumes. If I acknowledge it, she sees it as me focusing on the negative. If I don’t acknowledge and try to ignore it, the hate grows. But when I talk about it and recognize it, I feel better about me. Learning to live with the ADHD has been a real struggle and I don’t have a lot of patience or compassion for myself. I know I’ve gone on a tangent here, but I think the point I’m making is that when have I struggled showing myself compassion? Every damned day.

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP October 22nd, 2025

@sincerePineapple6964

I can only imagine how difficult it must have been in the past to wear a mask and not show how you really feel about yourself. Confronting your feelings now might be challenging, for you of course but also for your wife who is experiencing the changes in your behavior. I do believe though you took the right decision to face your self-hate and express it as well as when you feel good about yourself. Being filled with feelings of self-hatred hurts.  Sometimes our inner critics compares us to others or tells us that we are not good enough. Does this sound familiar?

I hope getting the diagnosis of ADHD helped you to understand yourself better. Living with ADHD requires managing various challenges. Here is a link to the ADHD forum where you might find some helpful information. https://www.7cups.com/forum/adhd/ 

load more
User Profile: Creamyyy
Creamyyy October 23rd, 2025

My lack of ability to make as much money as I am in need of. @amiablePeace77

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP October 23rd, 2025

@Creamyyy

So sorry that you're not able to generate the funds you need at the moment. I hope you find ways to get through though and things will become easier in future.

load more
User Profile: endorphin18
endorphin18 October 29th, 2025

@amiablePeace77 In my love life… I have chronic pain which makes socializing difficult. I can’t express my masculinity normally and struggle to find self compassion for that. Thanks

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP October 29th, 2025

@endorphin18

I'm very sorry that you have to live with chronic pain and the impact it has on your body. I hope you can find some relief in between and still enjoy life. 

I would like to give you this video link and hope it will help in some way. 

 Tools for Practicing Self Compassion https://youtu.be/5dhlLuqm5qU

load more