Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Come See Iceberg Alley Icebergs, Seals & Polar Bears Springtime in Newfoundland Canada

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful April 1st, 2023

Did you know that Canada has an Iceberg Alley? 💕


Iceberg Alley stretches from the coast of Labrador to the southeast coast of the island of Newfoundland. Most of the more popular spots (like St. Anthony, Bonavista, Twillingate, Bonavista and St. John's/Cape Spear) are accessible by road.


Here in springtime, you will see nature in its raw rugged beauty such as icebergs, ice flows, seals 🦭, polar bears 🐻‍❄️, whales 🐋 , puffins 🐧 and so much more! The season lasts a few months so check back often to see the photos…..


Spending time in nature is linked to both cognitive benefits and improvements in mood, mental health and emotional well-being. Feeling connected to nature can produce similar benefits to well-being, regardless of how much time one spends outdoors.


What are the seasonal activities outside that bring you JOY and PEACE? Is your area known for outdoor activities?😎

144
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 21st, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful


749ceb62-bba8-4f3c-81de-d9bf2d55bed7_1682042923.jpeg

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 21st, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful8e26f4aa-6ada-43db-8705-c476d8b77ecd_1682042959.jpeg

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 21st, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful717ea174-cb25-4ab9-bc7a-ae7dbb185d12_1682106596.jpeg

User Profile: Clio9876
Clio9876 April 24th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful

Nope, I didn't know about iceberg alley. I want to visit Canada one day, so thanks for the tip.

Your photos are amazing. And the ways the ice have been sculpted, beautiful. I particularly like the ones where you have something that gives a sense of scale. The bergs that dwarf a house are so awe inspiring!

Cute puffins are fabulous too.

1 reply
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 25th, 2023

@Clio9876

Thank you. I will upload more during the season. Yes scale makes a Difference! 🙌

load more
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 25th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful5d84fbcc-558b-4605-b6ed-0b1adfff5b00_1682390029.jpeg

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 25th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful48e60d54-20ce-4448-9e9d-09111f40c635_1682390053.jpeg

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 25th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGratefulc2d578a9-4ab2-44e3-bd20-1cd90f9b0d15_1682390082.jpeg

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 25th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGratefulf26b8929-5328-4b23-a6e3-3ceede9de2bd_1682390117.jpeg

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 April 28th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful

Truly amazing!

load more
User Profile: BookishWendy
BookishWendy April 25th, 2023

Beautiful!!

User Profile: amiableBlackberry92
amiableBlackberry92 April 25th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful

These are absolutely amazing Cheri, your skill at photography is also amazing. These pics are so inspiring and they tell the beautiful story of nature at its best.

Thanks for posting these

ABB

2 replies
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 25th, 2023

@amiableBlackberry92

Welcome! 💕💕💕

These are taken by various people around this province. I cannot post who took them bc I want to keep it anonymous.


Glad you enjoyed these … 💕

2 replies
User Profile: adaptableOcean4193
adaptableOcean4193 April 29th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful

If I make it up your way, and I do intend to, I am going to say hi to you. Of course I won't know I'm saying hi to you, But if I say it to everyone I see I'm bound to catch you somewhere along the way. You'll know me by my genuine smile.... Oh yeah and I'll be the idiot wearing a sundress to go to the beach to see the iceflows!

1 reply
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 30th, 2023

My province is a lovely one … the people here are very friendly … tourists get invited to a meal or we fix your tires or you can borrow a four wheeler to see the icebergs … people visit here and feel at home. You will love it here. Iceberg season is springtime to early summer … this year there are 1000s 💕💕💕

load more
load more
load more