Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What are you doing to keep yourself physically fit and healthy?

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence February 14th, 2018

Hello everyone! Hope you are fine!

What are you doing to keep yourself physically fit and healthy?

Some changes can happen in aging but are you able to keep having care of yourself and your body ?

Here you can share about it!

@LunaHecate @AiluraBlaze @AppleCrumbled @LemonSaint @Butterflycat @scarletLand3247 @Power @BeyondTheInvisible @An1mal @discreetApple10 @essdee @ladylazarus1971 @Want2StayHappy @Happytime24 @originalscreenname @ang16 @Amaru20rip @lilmango @prefrontalcortex @LittleTreasure @charmingFriend40 @PoliteOcean @warmheartedTurtle6662 @Ang333 @agreeableKite4304 @Wanttosmile @junkiesuperstarislistening @FenrirWolf @inventiveOrange1 @oliveCar4161 @JeffTracey @berry1900 @munkehh @Phoenix84 @lilme @LunasCares @Jesse9675 @proactiveTiger3409 @Knute @Willhiem @ChrisChrisChris1968 @FerlinCletus @plumFig3360 @Pedinurse @SkolSuper1976 @oxfordshireGatsby @LordBolton @caringPanda45 @Euphoriclows @LlamaGlama @MistyMagic @PositiveLenaBeana @empatheticEvergreen @AffyAvo @StormyWaves @DaveMcGrath @firebolt110 @Laura @Kate @Lauren63 @Power14 @sensitiveShade5337 @gigantWillow93 @DaisyLion @Probius @inventiveOrange1 @melliotm @ladylazarus1971 @pastellexoxo @Keola @SimplePlot @ScarletLand3247 @@CaringPanda45 @Amiabemoon9862 @suBSea @DanaMH @angelsealtranquilityprevails @chelle0170 @yzzil @Kritika4 @StarJourney @ANGLEBUDDYS @Emily619 @Lauren 63 @joyousTime89 @SelfConfidentDramatist @juddskittycat @HelenS @lovingkite7260 @Hana @Mellietronx @andygrei @diligentEyes3808 @RadiantRed @elvenjewel @Ceilidhontherun @Sofia76 @Chickenlittle1983

169
User Profile: Neeme2020
Neeme2020 October 16th, 2020

N o t h i n g With awful depression and annoying anxiety I feel no motivation .

5 replies
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP October 16th, 2020

@Neeme2020

Hello Neeme2020, sorry to hear it's a difficult moment for you.

4 replies
User Profile: Neeme2020
Neeme2020 October 16th, 2020

@BeyondTheInvisible yes dear it surely is. This COVID pandemic is not helping with the already underlying mental health issues I struggle with.

3 replies
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP October 17th, 2020

@Neeme2020

Hi Neeme2020, unfortunately Covid makes everything more difficult in many life's aspects and areas.

Hope you can have any daily good moment doing things you like .

2 replies
User Profile: Neeme2020
Neeme2020 October 18th, 2020

@BeyondTheInvisible thank you for your kind thought

1 reply
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP October 18th, 2020

@Neeme2020

You are welcome yes

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Offmytrack
Offmytrack November 19th, 2020

I go on walks on trails with my girlfriend. We usually walk 3 to 5 miles. We go twice a week.

4 replies
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP November 19th, 2020

@Offmytrack

Hello!

Wow that sounds like to be a great routine to experience with a loved one!

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings November 23rd, 2020

@Offmytrack that sounds like a great way to share exercise with someone else.

2 replies
User Profile: Offmytrack
Offmytrack November 24th, 2020

@soulsings

We always have a very good time. The weather is good, the scenery is good.

1 reply
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings November 25th, 2020

@Offmytrack yes really nice.

Went for a walk around the neighborhood. Better not getting ticks in the woods. Nice to see what the neighbors are doing. lol

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Neeme2020
Neeme2020 November 21st, 2020

With the covid pandemic and now the second phase lock down. What can one do to keep oneself healthy?

1 reply
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings November 23rd, 2020

@Neeme2020 I have limited and eliminated most junk food. I try to eat natural as much as possible, exercise often, do things like mindfulness to keep me from getting lost in worries. Here are discussions on mindfulness and other relevant topics. https://www.7cups.com/forum/50OverCommunity_193/TeamToolsandTeamUpdates_1705/50plusDiscussionsScheduleandTopics_207920/

load more
User Profile: Chelonii
Chelonii January 8th, 2021

Walking to my kitchen from my bed and walking back :)

3 replies
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP January 8th, 2021

@Chelonii

Hello!

You don't like to go outside for walks?

3 replies
User Profile: Chelonii
Chelonii January 10th, 2021

@LoveMyRotty

Hey!! I love outdoor walks but I am naturally lazy and it's really cold outside.

3 replies
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP January 10th, 2021

@Chelonii

Hi Chelonii! How are you?

Yep, here it's cold too!

I also have to wear the wool hat, scarf, gloves and the mask, it's not so handy but worth it!

1 reply
User Profile: Chelonii
Chelonii January 18th, 2021

@LoveMyRotty

Oh, does it snow where you are??

The weather in my place is very unpredictable. There was one time where it went from 30degree heat to 10.

load more
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 January 17th, 2021

@Chelonii

I can totally relate. Have you tried thermo underwear? I don't like cool or cold weather neither. When I lived in a cold country I always wore thermo underwear, that helped and hey it was great coming in from the cold and drinking a hot cup of chocolate laugh

1 reply
User Profile: Chelonii
Chelonii January 18th, 2021

@amiablePeace77

I've actually never heard of that. That's so cool!! I would definitely try to find one for winter.

Oh yes, drinking hot chocolate after coming in from the cold is the best. Especially wrapping myself with a hot blanket in front of the tv.

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: barncat
barncat January 18th, 2021

Boy, I can relate. It had been so hard to get outside since fall. But once I put barnboots, warm hat on- mucho better.

12 replies
User Profile: Chelonii
Chelonii January 18th, 2021

@barncat

Fall is usually a mixture of summer and winter where I am. I always need to carry a heavy jacket around :(

12 replies
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings January 26th, 2021

@Chelonii I practically live in winter gear during the winter lol!

11 replies
User Profile: Chelonii
Chelonii January 26th, 2021

@soulsings

Oh dear, are the clothing heavy? And does it snow where you are??

10 replies
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings January 26th, 2021

@Chelonii well I have down filled and poly filled coats. I am ready for cold weather. Tonight we are getting 3 inches or 7CM depending on which ruler you use lol.

9 replies
User Profile: Chelonii
Chelonii January 28th, 2021

@soulsings

7CM??? Oof, it's kind of both a bad and good thing. You can make snow angels but then roads would be filled with snow. Do you have to have your heater on the whole day then?

8 replies
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings January 29th, 2021

@Chelonii heaters on until it starts to warm up in a month or two.

7 replies
User Profile: Chelonii
Chelonii January 29th, 2021

@soulsings

The whole time???!! I cannot imagine. During winter at my place, heaters make the rooms so comfy but I get warm so easily and it just feels weird.

6 replies
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings January 30th, 2021

@Chelonii a lot depends on the temperature outside. The colder it is outside the more the heaters run.

5 replies
User Profile: Chelonii
Chelonii February 1st, 2021

@soulsings

Are your heaters automatic then? The ones at mine switch off when the room reaches a certain temp. The hot air blowing from the top also gives me a headache too. Do you use an electric blanket though?

4 replies
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings February 2nd, 2021

@Chelonii the heaters have shut offs when they reach a certain temperature.

Electric blankets tend to get too hot for me. I like a blanket, an afghan, and a top.

3 replies
User Profile: Chelonii
Chelonii February 3rd, 2021

@soulsings

Oh yeah, I reckon that'll be quite warm.

Electric blankets temperature can be controlled, can't they?

2 replies
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings February 3rd, 2021

@Chelonii not sure. I am not certain I like the idea of electric wires surrounding my body.

1 reply
User Profile: Chelonii
Chelonii February 5th, 2021

@soulsings

Hahaha, if you think of it like that. That is surely terrifying!! You could this thing where you put the electric blanket on top of your other blanket?

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: ScoreKing
ScoreKing January 26th, 2021

My physical program is simple- horse chores. Feeding,, blanketing, moving them from one part of the pasture to the barn, grooming. Oh, and some days I even get to ride them.

1 reply
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings January 28th, 2021

@ScoreKing wow sounds like a nice way to get exercise.

load more
User Profile: endearingLion70
endearingLion70 January 26th, 2021

I read

1 reply
User Profile: barncat
barncat January 26th, 2021

@endearingLion70- i got my exercise with your post- big belly laugh!

load more
User Profile: seeker406
seeker406 January 26th, 2021

I love dancing and subscribe to quite a few dance fitness channels on YouTube to follow along with their workouts. Mostly ballet and Nia. Also just started with ballroom workouts, which are fun.

1 reply
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings January 28th, 2021

@seeker406 that sounds like a lot of fun and nice exercise

load more
User Profile: Peterlydia82
Peterlydia82 January 27th, 2021

Iam 51 I love walking 2km per day to keep for fitness. I am also sensitive on what I feed my body with. If it were not for spine problem I would have time for gym to manage weight.

3 replies
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings January 28th, 2021

@Peterlydia82 glad you are finding ways to stay fit within the challenges you face.

I have been doing gentle yoga and stretching for several years, and my back has responded well to that gentle approach. I tried weights but it made for stiffness and more tension.

Adrienne at youtube is one of my favorite free yoga teachers. I do the 20 minute complete beginner yoga.

2 replies
User Profile: Peterlydia82
Peterlydia82 January 28th, 2021

Thanks @ soulsings for the assistance. I feel encouraged to see iam not suffering alone. I will check on that yoga class it may assist me. Thanks.

User Profile: calmLemon5856
calmLemon5856 February 3rd, 2021

@soulsings

I will also look into this yoga. I have serious spine ussues also. Thanks so much.

load more
load more
User Profile: raspberryTriangle8
raspberryTriangle8 January 28th, 2021

Great job!