6 Shocking Health Advantages Of Hypnosis
Peace and light to you all my beloved Cupsters ✨️ Thank you for your interest in yet another Mental/ Emotional Health & Well-being topic with me today 🫖🪔 Today, I humbly present to you all:

-
Although hypnosis may appear to be merely for amusement from the way it is depicted in the media, there is more to it than that. Hypnosis can actually improve your health and wellbeing. Very often, the act of hypnotizing is seen as part of a Magician's act in a magic show, or seen in movies as a character's control tactic.
Alison T. Grant, MD. states in "6 Surprising Health Benefits Of Hypnosis", "In healthcare, hypnosis can be used as a psychological treatment to help you experience changes in sensations, perceptions, thoughts, or behaviors. It’s done in a clinical setting and performed by a trained, licensed healthcare professional, like a psychologist or a physician."
Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy 🧭
Hypnotherapy is a form of therapy that uses hypnosis either as a primary or secondary method of treatment. Hypnosis frequently includes suggestions to promote calmness, relaxation, and general well-being. These suggestions may only be active during the session, but the patient may choose to activate them again at a later time. Common strategies include telling you to reflect on pleasant memories or using verbal cues to lull you into a trance-like condition.
Below, I will share 6 Shocking Health Advantages of Hypnosis :o Research and suggestions provided for us courtesy of the Health and Wellness online department of Penn University (full article here) :
🧭 1) Trouble Sleeping/Insomnia. How it works: Verbal cues put you in a trance-like state, similar to how it feels when you’re so involved in a book or movie that you don’t notice what’s going on around you. After hypnosis — or even during — you’ll fall asleep.
🧭 2) Anxiety. How it works: Hypnosis works to help anxiety by encouraging your body to activate its natural relaxation response through the use of a phrase or nonverbal cue, slowing breathing, lowering blood pressure, and instilling an overall sense of well-being.
🧭 3) Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Symptoms. How it works: Hypnosis leads you through progressive relaxation, providing soothing imagery and sensations to combat your symptoms.
🧭 4) Chronic Pain. How it works: Hypnosis can help you cope with pain and gain more self-control over your pain. Additionally, studies indicate that hypnosis can do this effectively for long periods of time.
🧭 5) Quit Smoking. How it works: In order for hypnosis to work for smoking cessation, you need to truly want to quit smoking. Hypnosis can work in two ways. The first is to help you find a healthy, effective replacement action, and then guide your subconscious toward that habit, rather than smoking. This could be something like chewing a piece of gum or taking a walk. The second is to train your mind to associate smoking with undesirable feelings like a bad taste in your mouth or a foul odor from smoke.
🧭 6) Weight Loss. How it works: When you are hypnotized, your attention is highly focused. This makes you more likely to listen and respond to suggestions for behavior changes, such as eating a healthy diet or getting more exercise, which could help you lose weight.
Have some cake and tea as a thank you for reading this far 🥰☕️🍰 What are your thoughts or knowledge on Hypnotherapy and the option of hypnosis as a treatment technique?
This post is brought to you by the Content Development & Marketing Program. Find out more information about the program here
Interested in a weekly group discussion on Anxiety Support and various ways of getting support for your anxiety? I invite you to join me Wednesdays at 7pm Eastern Time Zone in the Support Sessions room where I will be hosting Anxiety Support Sessions, typically runs an hour long 🤎
Interested in an overall boost of motivation or encouragement towards living a Healthy lifestyle? Join me Sundays at 6pm Eastern Time Zone in the Healthy Living Room 🤎
@SirenOfSerenity Thanks for sharing this.
It was really educational and very informative.
I enjoyed reading this.
A few years back, before I started at 7cups, I took some psychology courses at an adult education center, I learned some psychology with a therapist, who was trained in hypnosis, so I also learned some hypnosis as well.
I went under hypnosis and it was very relaxing.
Thank you for reading @Happy900 💙💙 Wow, I'm glad you had a positive experience with Hypnosis! Would you do it again?
@SirenOfSerenity It was.
@SirenOfSerenity
Hello Siren!
I was not that aware of hypnotherapy before!
It sounds like it can be very helpful!
Since I have trouble sleeping. This is very informative!
Thanks for sharing!
Also, thanks for the cake and tea! :D💛✨
@innateJoy9602 I would suggest, before trying any hypnosis, to first talk with a hypnosis provider, they can help you and to see if it will work. It does not work for everyone and not every will benefit.
It is like being a listener, some will benefit from your listening services and some will not.
"Be open minded and clear about what you want to achieve: Comfort, Peace, and Relaxation." "Remember, you cannot be anxious and relaxed at the same time."-Steven Gurgevich, Ph.D.
I hope this helps.
I thoroughly enjoyed enjoyed reading this. I was aware of hypnotherapy but haven’t got a chance to understand it until now. One of my cousin has completed the hypnotherapy course so i guess i’ll check with her.
Thank you for sharing this it was very informative and helpful❤️
@SirenOfSerenity
My PCP and I were discussing this last week. I am having a hard time finding a therapist thou that does this and I am in the US. Not sure if there are some good webpages that I can use to try to finding someone in my area.
@Havingfuninthesnow
I'll definitely be on the look out and update this thread with resources for them, it's growing in popularity

