Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

porn addiction recovery (discussion)

User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 May 20th, 2025

for our new members: 

hello, this is a log in post to track your porn abstinence. this isn't an official event, I'm just another addict trying to bring like-minded people together to help hold each other accountable. if you're new here, you can introduce yourself and start using the log in post to keep track of your streak! 

for more info you could check out my original post - porn addiction recovery - Discussion | 7 Cups


how does this work? 

this is the informal post where we communicate and share our struggles in a concentrated place so we can get all the support and help we need. you can use this post in two ways - 

1. use it to share your struggles, tell people how it started and how you've tried to overcome it in the past. 

2. use it for when the urges hit. just as you feel like you're slipping, you can share your thoughts here, and if anyone is online, they can keep you company until the urges leave. 


important thing to note:

if you notice a new post / comment, please take the time to check it so you can help someone in need. try to keep people company and always stay engaged, we are all in this together. 


more info:

(incase I rambled too much on my original post) 

so basically, we've got two posts. this post is used informally as a discussion page to make it easier for like minded people to come together and so new members have a well-built community to be able to get help easily. 

the other post is made to be formal (ideally) so you can use it neatly to update and keep track of your goals. pretty please only reply once and continue creating a thread by replying to yourself only (if not, too many extra replies will cause a lot of reply pages to open, and that'll be very difficult) and even if you need to start over please continue in the same reply chain only. 

and also, don't reply or motivate anyone on there, please! that's what we can use this post for :) 

195
User Profile: amicableox0685
amicableox0685 June 6th, 2025

@northernlights101

Hey I'm here. Just reset from a 16 day streak. Will try to help where I can.

2 replies
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 June 7th, 2025

16 is great. Keep it up.

User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 7th, 2025

@amicableox0685 i saw your log, you're doing amazing!! don't let the reset pull you down, you can do this!!

load more
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 7th, 2025
@adorablechick hello!! i saw your post in the log ins, its good to have you here!! this is the post we use to keep in touch with each other, so feel free to post whenever!!
User Profile: helloLime4816
helloLime4816 June 9th, 2025

Man is this even possible

4 replies
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 9th, 2025

@helloLime4816 hello!! this has been working for over 15 days now and i have pretty high hopes lol, so lets all hope it works out for a very long time lol. are you willing to join this community? 

User Profile: amicableox0685
amicableox0685 June 9th, 2025

@helloLime4816

Dude the flesh is weak, but it can be strengthen. Just because you have certain desires doesn't mean you need to give in to them.

I use to smoke marijuana heavily but I grew up and realized that I didn't want to spend the rest of my life get loaded. Not to mention to a certain degree it can cause anxiety and depress you.

The same goes for any habit. It would be nice if it could happen over night but there isn't anything wrong with using the ladder approach.

To some extent everyone is fighting the quiet battle...but

may I offer a suggestion? If you had a garden in your mind what would you want to grow in there.

Think about your mind as a garden. You've already planted some flowers in there but along the way you started growing some weeds, or plants that are trying to overrun the other ones.

How can you clear those weeds and take back your garden?

2 replies
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 June 9th, 2025

I like that. And a garden does grow overnight and without maintainence. We have strategies to help us. We dont have to rely on will power alone. We have each other too!

User Profile: helloLime4816
helloLime4816 June 11th, 2025

Yeah bro ur right but I’ve been battling this same battle for 11+ years now and nothing seems to work bro ik it’s all a mind game but *** bro I can’t catch a break imma keep trying tho thx for the motivation

load more
load more
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 14th, 2025

i've been in a bad place the past week. genuinely lost all the motivation to even try, I think. it's been weighing down on me and for some reason anything I touch ends up badly, I don't understand what's going on, its crazy. but I have to start again, stop looking for motivation and try to be disciplined, idk

2 replies
User Profile: amicableox0685
amicableox0685 June 14th, 2025

@northernlights101

When you feel like that rest and wait till you're thinking clearly.

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 14th, 2025

@amicableox0685 that does sound awesome, tbh... thanks!

load more
load more
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 18th, 2025

been going through a rough patch lately, idk. i was being delusional about not being depressed that it took me more than a year to figure out the pattern and deduce that something is wrong lol. and well, luck is bad. everything went wrong the past week and honestly speaking I do not have the mindset to get over this addiction right now. however, on the positive side, I decided to take a few days and just yk stop trying to be productive and do things I like. so hopefully by around next Monday or something I can get back on my feet. 

2 replies
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 June 18th, 2025

Im sorry friend. Dont give up. There is light out there. Ive been wondering where you have been. Your not alone

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 20th, 2025

@FeatheredSerpent33 hey, thank you so much!! i hope to come back stronger, really. fingers crossed loll

load more
load more
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 June 21st, 2025

Today is hard. Not from temptation. But from emotional stress from others around me. It would be a time like this that i would just say F this and look for some relief by way of visual stimuli. But im 41 days clean. And im strong, but days like this still hurt. I can be strong. And i can be fragile. And i can still be a better me today.

User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 23rd, 2025

today was a huge fail omg i need to clutch from tomorrow 😭

User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 30th, 2025

guys okay so comeback tomorrow I HAVE TO all the actual stressful things that was in my hands is done now, so basically its like 'jesus take the wheel' rn, might as well focus on myself if I got nothing I can change. so hopefully I can start full force tomorrow!!

5 replies
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 July 10th, 2025

Hey! So proud of your progress! What changed?

4 replies
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP July 11th, 2025

heyy, thank you so much!! i noticed your two month progress too, its awesome!! I'm currently done with all my exams and basically every stressful event that I could control, if that makes sense? i gotta wait for results, but I cant really change anything anymore so, I've been packing myself up with things to do. i started going out at any given chance and be more mindful of my triggers, I think. thank you for asking!! how have you been?

3 replies
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 July 11th, 2025

Nice! Ive been good, busy, with all sorts of things but its good. It isnt really that hard to keep going anymore. Are you going to be able to keep it up when school starts again?

2 replies
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP July 11th, 2025

its so awesome that you just dont feel it anymore, wow... i hope I'm there someday soon. and well lol I'm done with school, haha, waiting for college admissions rn. i think I wont be as stressed in college for sure, so I have high hopes to be able to keep it up!! besides, college is notoriously busy too, so it shouldn't be a problem.

1 reply
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 July 23rd, 2025

Its not all gone, it never will be. Its part of us. Its just learning to control. How are you? You have been quiet lately.

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: greenplyer
greenplyer July 7th, 2025

Hello guys im new here, I've been struggling with this addiction for many years now and the most days I stopped during these years is only 10 days. If anyone have any advice or suggestions to completely Stop it pls do give me some I rly need it.

5 replies
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 July 8th, 2025

Hey, its tough and I can relate. I always just tried stopping with pure will power before. But it never lasted. So i researched. I found a program that had lots of resources and strategies. It sounded really great, but it cost 450$ a month. So tell me how much do you want to quit? For me i needed more strategies, and on a budget. So I found some quit porn for good audiobooks, and got some ideas i hadnt thought of. I applied all the new ideas and fpund this place to help me stay focused. I csn give you more ideas and resources. Let me know what you think. Since implementing these for myself im like 59 days and counting.

4 replies
User Profile: greenplyer
greenplyer July 8th, 2025

450$ a month is too much for me. However the audio books seems like a good idea, please do give me the audio books names that u recommend and that helped u the most. Also any other ideas and resources will be greatly appreciated.

3 replies
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 July 9th, 2025

I liked "Quit Porn Addiction for Good" by Dr David Cohen. There are good ideas. I found for me it wasnt just a porn addiction, it was associate with masturbation. And it was screen addiction. So when i tried stopping its fighting multiple things at once. Here are some ideas to start with.

  1. Remove any easy access to porn, delete apps, for me that included fb, and ***, things that had any temptation or gateway back to porn

  2. When you feel the anxious want. Have an alternate activity ready. For me i did crossword, soduku, or something to keep your focus till you can manage.

  3. Set screen limits, especially in the morning and night. 1 hour before bed and 1 after you wake up, no screens. Those are prime weakness times when your self control is weakest. This also helps keep a good sleep routine.

  4. Feeling that sexual energy isnt bad. You can use it. Focus it into a creative outlet, be it art, or work. If you feel it, use it constructively its one of the most powerful human emotions so take advantage.

  5. Whats your motivation? Have something you cant fail at. Strong relstionship? Failing marriage? Inability to focus or work? Whatever it is, think about paying that 450$ a month. Is it worth that? If I said you had to pay me 50$ everytime you viewed porn, that would feel pretty real right? Its more serious than that.

These are just the beginning. There are tons of books so do research. And change behavior patterns first. Let me know how that goes.

2 replies
User Profile: greenplyer
greenplyer July 11th, 2025

Will definitely try these hopefully it works, thank u for sharing i rly appreciate it.

1 reply
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 July 23rd, 2025

Hows it been going? Has anything helped?

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: OpenMindedGuy1134
OpenMindedGuy1134 July 20th, 2025

Even in my case , I am an addict I love the idea of watching and it also affected my real life . As in when I watch porn I tend to image that that actress on the screen is my gf or wife . And in real life too I would allow my current gf to do so , We already did that and I enjoyed it but it is not morally right to do .