Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

porn addiction recovery (discussion)

User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 May 20th, 2025

for our new members: 

hello, this is a log in post to track your porn abstinence. this isn't an official event, I'm just another addict trying to bring like-minded people together to help hold each other accountable. if you're new here, you can introduce yourself and start using the log in post to keep track of your streak! 

for more info you could check out my original post - porn addiction recovery - Discussion | 7 Cups


how does this work? 

this is the informal post where we communicate and share our struggles in a concentrated place so we can get all the support and help we need. you can use this post in two ways - 

1. use it to share your struggles, tell people how it started and how you've tried to overcome it in the past. 

2. use it for when the urges hit. just as you feel like you're slipping, you can share your thoughts here, and if anyone is online, they can keep you company until the urges leave. 


important thing to note:

if you notice a new post / comment, please take the time to check it so you can help someone in need. try to keep people company and always stay engaged, we are all in this together. 


more info:

(incase I rambled too much on my original post) 

so basically, we've got two posts. this post is used informally as a discussion page to make it easier for like minded people to come together and so new members have a well-built community to be able to get help easily. 

the other post is made to be formal (ideally) so you can use it neatly to update and keep track of your goals. pretty please only reply once and continue creating a thread by replying to yourself only (if not, too many extra replies will cause a lot of reply pages to open, and that'll be very difficult) and even if you need to start over please continue in the same reply chain only. 

and also, don't reply or motivate anyone on there, please! that's what we can use this post for :) 

195
User Profile: helloWriter6485
helloWriter6485 July 23rd, 2025

Hello

Day 2 of being porn free

My longest streak was 2 Years then I had *** in life and I went to porn Again

1 reply
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 July 23rd, 2025

Its tough, but u know you can over come it.

load more
User Profile: helloWriter6485
helloWriter6485 July 23rd, 2025

User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP August 7th, 2025

its been a while since i was here wow... so, I got a lot of good news this week and I'm finally out of all the stress from the past few months!! i feel pretty good in what place I am today, so I want to get started on this again and more seriously. I'm still looking into what is making me give up, like why I relapse and I feel like there are multiple things, so I'm trying to make a list. 

i want to change a lot about my life, but I guess I'm just not sure where to start. but that's alright, I'll figure it out I guess

2 replies
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 August 7th, 2025

Missed u friend

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP August 8th, 2025

@FeatheredSerpent33 aww, hopefully im back for good this time!!

load more
load more
User Profile: Chamomilegirl
Chamomilegirl August 15th, 2025

Hi you can call me Chamomile or Cham, and I'm 21 years old, been addicted since age 12.

My story is I had a very abusive household where I was constantly on fight or flight mode expecially when father was home, and I'd unfortunately get beaten as a child, even though I'm a girl with very frail health.

So when I got molested at age 12, I didn't realize what had happened to me but perhaps my subconscious mind did. Because shortly after, I started consuming whatever material included nudity when I came across it. Before that, I was the perfect child who would turn the other side when coming across anything explicit. And I didn't realize the correlation until last year.

I started to get sober by sheer willpower months ago, I completely forgot porn existed and lived happily, until withdrawal symptoms hit, that is. I started feeling chased, seeing things, feeling like I'm gonna d/e, and struggling with all the hallucinations alone.

I didn't succumb, though. I went to therapy, got medicated, helped myself. And then, unfortunately, went back to it for no obvious reason.

I want to have support while I go at this. Nobody around me knows about my addiction, just two friends who are also peers, And I'm too afraid to tell them I relapsed since I only recently told them I even consumed such material. I really do need peer support at this.

5 replies
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 August 15th, 2025

Thats really hard. Relapsing is normal. Its ok. Just get back on track. And were here. I admit our group is pretty inactive but ill keep an eye out. Let us know what we can do for you.

1 reply
User Profile: Chamomilegirl
Chamomilegirl August 16th, 2025

Thank you. This feels comforting already

load more
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP August 16th, 2025

i could never truly say that you're doing so great, that you're do awesome for someone who has been through so much because you didn't deserve that and it just feels like I'm downplaying your experiences. no one ever ever deserves that and it should never be 'just another experience'. and I totally understand how difficult it must have been for you, maybe no one can fully fathom the extent of it. but I'm so so proud of you, you know that? you've made it this far and you're ready to take on this journey and keep trying because you want to. that's so admirable. thank you so much for reaching out!! hope we can stay in touch!! 

2 replies
User Profile: Chamomilegirl
Chamomilegirl August 16th, 2025

Thank you... You don't know how much these words touched me. I'm truly thankful, and hopefully I'll stick to here as long as I can, it's already helping so much

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 3rd

@Chamomilegirl you will, always glad to be of help! i havent been here in about a year, but i wish to come back and stay this time. so if you want someone to talk to, im always here!

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP August 16th, 2025

the days are a little blurry, i remember not watching porn for a bit and then getting back on it and then keeping a streak but like, I genuinely don't remember when I did it, but the sad thing is that doesn't necessarily mean I didn't do it either. i genuinely just don't remember it and idk, that's kinda sad. I've been a little unmotivated lately, that's because I have nothing actually going on rn, have couple weeks more until college starts. but all my friends have had theirs start more than a month ago, and I guess its just depressing that I'm the only one at home with nothing to do... well, I cant exactly change that, and I realised its going to be like this until college actually starts. but the best I could do is show up here, I think. even if I broke my streak, I need to show up unmotivated, I need to show up embarrassed because that's what this place is for, I suppose.

4 replies
User Profile: Chamomilegirl
Chamomilegirl August 16th, 2025

Blurry timelines... The most unmotivating thing to me. This is why I hang up a paper on my wall that is just like what they do in jail, counting days with lame lines, just to prove to myself that this version of me existed, and even if my mind gets blurry from the consumption, it doesn't change it. Idk if this would work with everyone... I just wanted to say that I'm rooting for you, what you're doing is a big deal, it's amazing.

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 3rd

@Chamomilegirl thank you so much. after all this time, your words are genuinely so inspiring. we can do this!

load more
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 September 30th, 2025

Hey! What are u up to? Im supposed to keep u accountable! So account! But really no pressure just tell me whats up.

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 3rd

@FeatheredSerpent33 hey, its been like a year wow. are you still active here?

load more
load more
User Profile: Chamomilegirl
Chamomilegirl August 19th, 2025

Today is a good day for me.

Last night I watched a wholesome family drama instead of seeking porn, and I felt great. I've had so little joy from simple things like this for a while because of the dopamine rushes so enjoying something simple was very refreshing, made me feel that there's hope in me.

I also prayed today. I'm fascinated by how much just distancing myself from toxicity, talking to people, and having support can do to me.

I feel hopeful. I'm not holding myself to any kind of streak, I'm just holding myself to my happiness and to where it lies. Today, I don't feel like labeling myself and beating myself up, I just feel like remembering the real "me" and enjoying it. I feel grateful for the support that brought me to this state of mindfulness.

1 reply
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 August 19th, 2025

Hey thats really great! I definitely had to replace coping habits with other things to distract me. Like crossword or sudoku. But i found i also had to stop *** or *** and quit scrolling. And like your experience i found more happiness and contentment in regular things. Granted there were also a lot of days where it was just like get through it. I read some quitting porn books and that helped me find areas i didnt even know were weak.

load more
User Profile: resourcefulApple2120
resourcefulApple2120 September 23rd, 2025

@northernlights101 hey all. Day 1 for the log on that other chat. Day 1 one on 7cups. Day 1 fighting porn addiction. 


I’ve tried before, but always silently and alone. Like some others here, just being alone almost always leads back to the addiction. 

I take inspiration to fight back though thanks to seeing this group and seeing everyone fighting along side me. Kudos all!
3 replies
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 September 25th, 2025

Its not easy, but youbcan do it. What plans do you have?

2 replies
User Profile: resourcefulApple2120
resourcefulApple2120 September 26th, 2025

@FeatheredSerpent33 already deleted the apps and websites I used to use. Keeping myself accountable in a public forum has made this almost a competition for myself. And I’m a highly competitive person who hates to lose

1 reply
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 September 30th, 2025

Thats great. I found myself fighting urges to look at my phone. Like it was a screen detox as well. Didnt realize how bad it was till u open your phone every 10 seconds just to put it away again. Keep it up!

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: goodWriter7099
goodWriter7099 October 20th, 2025

@northernlights101 Well i never tried a forum, but maybe ranting was all that i needed. Lets goI have failed 1000 times before, so maybe 1001 times the charm

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP October 21st, 2025

@goodWriter7099 absolutelyyy haha, welcome to the community! 

load more
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP October 21st, 2025

its been so long since i was on here wow. yall, i start again tomorrow. i keep making myself believe ill for sure make it through this time, and then the next, and then the next. i really need to stop making false promises lol. but welp, here we go. starting all over again, from now.

2 replies
load more
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP November 15th, 2025

uhhhh why are the replies in my previous post not opening?? whattt

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP November 15th, 2025

@themusafir did i miss any of your replies??

1 reply
load more
load more