porn addiction recovery (discussion)
for our new members:
hello, this is a log in post to track your porn abstinence. this isn't an official event, I'm just another addict trying to bring like-minded people together to help hold each other accountable. if you're new here, you can introduce yourself and start using the log in post to keep track of your streak!
for more info you could check out my original post - porn addiction recovery - Discussion | 7 Cups
how does this work?
this is the informal post where we communicate and share our struggles in a concentrated place so we can get all the support and help we need. you can use this post in two ways -
1. use it to share your struggles, tell people how it started and how you've tried to overcome it in the past.
2. use it for when the urges hit. just as you feel like you're slipping, you can share your thoughts here, and if anyone is online, they can keep you company until the urges leave.
important thing to note:
if you notice a new post / comment, please take the time to check it so you can help someone in need. try to keep people company and always stay engaged, we are all in this together.
more info:
(incase I rambled too much on my original post)
so basically, we've got two posts. this post is used informally as a discussion page to make it easier for like minded people to come together and so new members have a well-built community to be able to get help easily.
the other post is made to be formal (ideally) so you can use it neatly to update and keep track of your goals. pretty please only reply once and continue creating a thread by replying to yourself only (if not, too many extra replies will cause a lot of reply pages to open, and that'll be very difficult) and even if you need to start over please continue in the same reply chain only.
and also, don't reply or motivate anyone on there, please! that's what we can use this post for :)
Hello everyone ,
I hope this community is still alive and well.
About myself, I am a male in mid twenties , suffering from a really bad porn addiction . I have often spent whole nights looking at adult content or cam websites . Even hours during days
I am a decent looking guy with a good job but porn is completely ruining my life. I live in a different country away from my family , often when the feeling of loneliness hits me or when times get hard (I have had a troubled childhood which I believe has caused issues as I grew older) , I resort to pornography . This is ruining my life in every way.
I have had enough of this and want to break free . Although, I have tried countless things, this is another strong attempt to be the best version of myself. Today I start another fight against this addiction.
I wish everyone who are in this battle against this lust addiction great luck and success. We are in this together !!
Thank you for reading!
Hey! I wish you the best of luck in your journey. Helps to know there's people out there struggling with this too.
@decisiveSky7730 Thank you very much!
Hi! I'm a 20 something adult trying to quit porn and overall explicit content. I'm finding it too difficult. I wish to be a better person and partner to my bf. I'll be updating my progress as well. This is my first step towards recovery.
Hey ! I wish you a lot of success in your journey !
i haven't been properly online here in a year for completely different reasons. (i turned 18 and lost contact to lot of friends on this and my listener accounts, in a way i started hating this website, i think.)
this past year has been good! i haven't been able to count a streak, but i know i went significant days without porn and i'm extremely happy as to where i've come. but then again, things happen once in a while. i've been home alone a lot lately and watched it a few days straight. it wasn't a bad relapse per se, but i want to try keeping a streak once again now that i've built better relationship with things around myself.
i've also gotten over my hate for this website haha, lot of my friends are also turning 18, so i'm happy to be find them again.
anyways, i'm starting fresh. from day 1. and i hope to stay much more active on here. let's do this guys!
@northeenlights101 Welcome back! 💗🥰 You're not alone, we're here for you 💜 Sending you lots of love and *Biggg hugs* 🐾💕
@fossilfellow thank you so muchh!!
@northernlights101 💝💝
Hey im really glad to see u back. I got out of habit. Coming here and counting my days helped, but eventually stopped, thinking inwas ok without it. But i relapsed and i feel like im going to destroy my life. Not physically, but the relationships. I need to get a grip, and fast. So today im at day 1 again.
Hi