Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

porn addiction recovery (log in)

User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 May 20th, 2025

to ones who haven't seen my previous post:

hello, this is a log in post to track your porn abstinence. this isn't an official event or anything, I'm just another addict trying to bring like-minded people together to help hold each other accountable. if you wish to start new, you could just follow the instructions given below! and do introduce yourself at the other post used for discussions - porn addiction recovery (discussion) - Discussion | 7 Cups

for more clarity you could check out my original post - porn addiction recovery - Discussion | 7 Cups


how does it work? 

1. on your day one, you can reply to the post by simply mentioning 'day 1 - xx/xx/xx (the date)' and as the day's progress please continue responding to yourself to create a chain with your logs only. this doesn't have to be everyday, just whenever you have the time. 

2. if you miss a day, as in, end up giving in to your urges simply say 'counter reset - xx/xx/xx' or something similar but short and sweet. and continue replying the next day to your own comments, do not start a new chain, please. (this is so there aren't too many reply pages and we don't lose count easily)

3. please do not reply to another person's comments. only reply to your own comments. (just so we don't disrubt another person's logs and make it messy) 

thank you for joining us in this journey!! 

439
User Profile: greenplyer
greenplyer February 21st

Day 1

Been addicted for more than 10 years now and it's destroying my life it has been for a while now. I tried so many times with many different ways and never passed day 10 I've been failing so much that I started to give up on myself. But here I am I will try again until im cured, until I get my life back.

User Profile: braveBunny9485
braveBunny9485 February 21st

Day 2, 21st of February, 2026.

I feel like ***. I genuinely feel like ***. I can't even look myself in the mirror.

For those who come after.

2 replies
User Profile: braveBunny9485
braveBunny9485 February 23rd

Forgot to update this, but apparently I finished day 3, currently in day 4. 23rd of February, 2026. And today, maybe I'll share something about myself.

It started with me by curiosity. Looked into my sibling's phone and found the first video I watched. It felt weird, I was 9 but I wasn't that naive or that stupid. But, it was the start.

Idk why I'm saying this online. Maybe because I know y'all won't judge me (or will do it in silence) so maybe I'll find a supportive place instead of succumbing to self loathing.

1 reply
User Profile: braveBunny9485
braveBunny9485 February 24th

Forgot to update again, this is day 5. 24th of February, 2026.

Sometimes I feel thinking about the past will only lock me in the past. Sometimes I feel like I want to clear history from my memory.

For those who come after.

load more
load more
User Profile: bluewhite1972
bluewhite1972 February 23rd

Day 0 for me (again), I did so well for a week, if I can do a week need to double down. 

I never realized how hard it is to be a better person. This next week will be tough - stressed, also working alone and list of other bullsh*t excuses aaaAaghhhh. Just do it 

Wishing everyone well - take care 

User Profile: braveBunny9485
braveBunny9485 February 26th

I was close for day 7. But, oh well.

Day 1. February 26th, 2026. And I, for one part, just simply had the worst two days of what little progress I had in this year.

Escalating things is easy. But, I can't follow up. I can't think of the next step. I can't think of anything. Close people to me see me as a mere inconvenience or a punching bag to order around. Family member breathing down my neck about everything I do. I'm always the one at fault. Parent yelling? I'm at fault for not calming down the other parent that began yelling. I ask what's going on? I get disregarded and dismissed almost immediately. Whether with words, or a shove. And I can't even start a fight. I'm the youngest, and practically the weakest.

This? This isn't just some challenge I'm trying to do. If I'm bad at everything social, at least I should have some semblance of self control, whatever it means or shows to be weakness. Expectations and responsibilities combined with my mind always pulling me to waste time is already pinning me to the ground. This is self proof, this is personal. This is me. And if I fail, I'll start again. I won't care about shattering to pieces.

For those who come after.

1 reply
User Profile: braveBunny9485
braveBunny9485 February 28th

Day 2 finished. This is day 3, 28th of February, 2026.

For those who come after.

load more
User Profile: bluewhite1972
bluewhite1972 March 1st

Day 2 or 3 I guess - weekends are always better for me. 

Any tips or simple 1-2-4 advice for taking me weekend attitude into the week, greatly appreciated…

User Profile: Elizabeth28271
Elizabeth28271 March 3rd

Hello

User Profile: braveBunny9485
braveBunny9485 March 5th

This is day one, March 5th, 2026.

No comment.

1 reply
User Profile: braveBunny9485
braveBunny9485 March 10th

5 days past already! (Thanks for reminding me to update, @Helenaicy)

This is 10th of March, 2026. My birthday is the 21st.

For those who come after.

load more
User Profile: Helenaicy
Helenaicy March 10th

@northernlights101

Restarted...

Day 2 ✔️ 

1 reply
User Profile: Helenaicy
Helenaicy March 13th

@Helenaicy

5 days ✔️

load more
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin March 12th

Day 1….. I’ve lied to my spouse, I’ve hid things, I’ve betrayed her trust. I got caught in my lie and I’m doing this to help me. I ultimately have a problem that I didn’t know how to admit to. I made up lies to cover things up, I hid the truth, deleted things so she wouldn’t see or find out. I look forward to having support and help from others in my journey

16 replies
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin March 13th

Day 2 ✅. Talked with my spouse, we are moving in the right direction and moving toward forgiveness. I have accepted the pain I have caused and realize and accept fault for that.

15 replies
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin March 15th

Day 3 things are ok working through my mental steps holding strong and hoping for the best outcome.

14 replies
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin March 15th

Day 4. We talked some more last night had productive conversations in a good moving forward way.

13 replies
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin March 16th

Day 5. Had a death in my close family so now dealing with those emotions. We will get through all the dark.

12 replies
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin March 18th

Day 6. Trying to handle all of my emotions and make sure my spouse is getting the attention she deserves as well. She’s been very supportive and I appreciate eveyrhinf she is going for me.

11 replies
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin March 23rd

Day 12~ sorry missed alot of days posting but still going strong no hiccups st all. Life has been hectic with the death in my family mentally recovering from that. But eveyrhinf has been solid and good.

10 replies
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin March 25th

Day 13. Another day down, working. Through some depression but relationship has been great with the woman. Our sex life has been amazing. Staying strong with this.

9 replies
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin March 27th

Day 15, things are good doing alot of projects and getting thinks done around the house. And most importantly spending time with my love. We’ve gotten alot closer lately and it feels amazing.

8 replies
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin March 30th

Day 18, missed a few days been busy with working on the house and the lady had surgery so was taking care of her as well. Still going strong though

7 replies
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin March 30th

Day 19, back to normal life routine work work work

6 replies
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin March 31st

Day 20, woman and I are doing great, we’re communicating a lot better. Our relationship seems to be back on track. Still working on allowing myself to move forward with things.

5 replies
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin April 1st

Day 21 things are amazing our relationship is better than ever and I’m leaving to accept my faults and take full blame for the wrong things I do

4 replies
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin April 2nd

Day 22, everyday things are getting better, we’re learning to communicate things a lot better and it’s getting easier to open up and say the things I need from her as well things she needs from me.

3 replies
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin April 10th

Day 29, well not entirely sure what is going on as of right now. I went fishing today and I’m really unsure of what happened in that time. She isn’t happy, she’s saying she has a feeling that I’m lying to her when I’m not. I just don’t understand when we were on a great path eveyrhinf was wonderful we were loving each other happily everything was so amazing and idk why today it was jsut a turn in the wrong direction. I have gone fishing everyday this week so far after work so I’m unsure if that made her feel some type of way. I feel as if though I need to stop taking time for myself anymore. When I try to do something like that for myself it ends up turning into I’m avoiding her lying and going behind her back, and I can’t understand why. Why is me taking time to myself so wrong. Needless to say my depression is slipping back into the present and I feel myself mentally shutting down.

2 replies
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin April 13th

Day 32, we spent the past few days working on things and talking through things, she’s having flashbacks and a hard time trusting but we are working on it. And the most important thing is that I still have her, I love her to the end of the world she’s my life. I screwed up in the past and all I want is to keep making things better and keep progressing forward. She will be my wife soon enough and that makes me so happy.

1 reply
User Profile: Skatewhellin
Skatewhellin May 26th

Day unsure of maybe 63. Just wanted to log alittle bit. Everything has been good. There’s been a lot of good things happening and some bad as well. Everything with the spouse has been good, we still are communicating well, we do have rough patches sometimes but we’re still going strong. Even with all the stress drama and hard days I still love her with all I have. Sometimes she drives me up a wall but I know no relationship is ever perfect. I will continue to post when need be sometimes it’s jsut nice to have a place to vent some feelings.

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: amusingSquare2111
amusingSquare2111 March 18th
Hello, first time posting here. I am very greatful to northernlights for putting this together. It's not my first time trying to recover from this addiction. I started at the beggining of this year and I got as far as one month, but i fell and it has been downhill since. As of the last week I have gotten completely back to my old habits, which I had thought would never happen again. So, here I am trying something new in hopes that it renews my strenght to get through this. I will update tomorrow if I get through it clean.
5 replies
User Profile: amusingSquare2111
amusingSquare2111 March 25th

@amusingSquare2111 Day 6

I haven't been keeping track of time lately to be honest, so I forgot to update. This week has been quite hectic, but great at the same time since I spent a lot of time with loved ones. Now I have to go back to the rutine and it's mundanity, this makes me quite nervous. 

4 replies
User Profile: amusingSquare2111
amusingSquare2111 March 26th

@amusingSquare2111 Reset-Day 0

I am dissapointed more than anything else, I guess. Still, I have to say that I keep learning, I hope that one day soon I'll be strong and wise enough to take proper care of myself.  

3 replies
User Profile: amusingSquare2111
amusingSquare2111 March 28th

@amusingSquare2111 Day 2

Generally doing better. Trying to be more gentle with myself.

2 replies
User Profile: amusingSquare2111
amusingSquare2111 March 31st

@amusingSquare2111 Reset-Day 3

Slowly doing better. I'm going to make an integral plan of a detailed routine today. 

1 reply

@amusingSquare2111 Day 5

Not much to say today. Hope everyone else is doing okay,

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more