porn addiction recovery (log in)
to ones who haven't seen my previous post:
hello, this is a log in post to track your porn abstinence. this isn't an official event or anything, I'm just another addict trying to bring like-minded people together to help hold each other accountable. if you wish to start new, you could just follow the instructions given below! and do introduce yourself at the other post used for discussions - porn addiction recovery (discussion) - Discussion | 7 Cups
for more clarity you could check out my original post - porn addiction recovery - Discussion | 7 Cups
how does it work?
1. on your day one, you can reply to the post by simply mentioning 'day 1 - xx/xx/xx (the date)' and as the day's progress please continue responding to yourself to create a chain with your logs only. this doesn't have to be everyday, just whenever you have the time.
2. if you miss a day, as in, end up giving in to your urges simply say 'counter reset - xx/xx/xx' or something similar but short and sweet. and continue replying the next day to your own comments, do not start a new chain, please. (this is so there aren't too many reply pages and we don't lose count easily)
3. please do not reply to another person's comments. only reply to your own comments. (just so we don't disrubt another person's logs and make it messy)
thank you for joining us in this journey!!
It’s been a struggle for me for a long time. I feel like I’ve made some progress with it, but I still fall so easily. I want to get serious about removing it, so I want to come here for accountability
Day one of logging I’ve been off of it for a couple weeks now but I’m staring at 1 I’m confident
Day two many distraction so I don’t really think of it much
Day 1. I lost this comment and couldn’t log for a while im still going strong but restarting from day 1 because of this. I am confident but afraid ill go back if bored so I try to keep myself busy with work,school, and games and gym
Day 2. Good trying to keep myself distracted this addiction got in the way of my relationship and life I’m just trying to keep myself busy
Day 3
Day 4 may have just lost my girlfriend because of this addiction I still haven’t went back but old things got resurfaced and have lost me my girlfriend if she’s really gone and I think she is the best thing to do is stay strong and not give up even now that ill haves lonely and boring life again
Day 6
Day 14 still going I haven’t thought of it much
Day 0 I look at some thing I didn’t even *** but I purposely looked at it and because of it I did something even worse I lied to my girlfriend who still stuck by me no matter what and when I couldn’t handle lying to her anymore I told her the truth but I knew it was too late by the time I said it please guys if you are going through a problem PLEASE don’t lie about it or keep it locked down be honest about it please
Day one. I’ve lost everything I care about and I’m just going through regret and wondering why I would do any of this again in going to keep trying to change but myself but all I want is her why would I do this
Day three I need to better my self for me that’s what she would want and keep going despite the hiccups along the way they will happen but I can’t give up.
Day 3 last time was 2 I still feel empty but I realized I need to find myself I don’t know who I am without her because I never found myself I only ever watched porn instead of searching so that’s what I’ll do
Day 72, very proud of myself, even if life itself doesn’t get better, your will and self resolve can. You guys can do it.
Thank you this means a lot
Thanks again for @HelenaIcy for reminding me of this thread.
Surprise surprise? This is day 0. I am counting from 0 today because everything stems from 0, even square one. When we remove square 1, it returns to 0. And only when the first step is overcome, I will count.
This is day 0, 28th of May, 2026.
For Those who come after.
Day 0 again. 29th of May, 2026.
30/05/26 Day 1
This is my first post here . I start yet another attempt to be free of this addiction that is ruining myself . Lets see how it goes . I wish everyone best of luck . We are in this together !
31/05/26 Day 2
No urges today , I often remember how good it feels when you are not addicted to watching adult content anymore
31/05/26 Day 3
Another day passed , feels good . But I still see the damage that I did to myself by watching this adult content all this time
01/06/26 Day 4
Although I felt a little emptiness and urge to turn to adult content again as today was not the best day but i am glad i did not resort to watching it .Watching it makes everything worse
02/06/26 Day 5
I had urges today especially when I felt depressed , although I did search for some pictures and videos to get myself feel good but I avoided watching erotic content videos . It was not a clean win today , but i did not lose either . I will have to avoid looking up these pics or videos in the future
03/06/26 Day 6
I had minor urges today but im glad i did not give in , i see my overall confidence and well being slowly improving
04/06/25 Day 7
It was a good day , also went to a SAA meeting for the first time . Staying off porn also is helping me regain my confidence back slowly
05/06/26 Day 7
Another day passed without resorting to bad habits , it feels good
06/06/26 Day 9 - made a counting mistake earlier
It was a another good clean day . I have a lot of energy and confidence that i earlier used to waste
07/06/26 Day 10 ,
Even though i did not watch it full blown like i used to , i search for pictures , which i count as a fail. I will need to start again tomorrow
Day 0 starts again
I failed again at the first day. I feel terrible , i was having a bad day and watched it for hours . Now I feel tired , lack motivation and regret it so much
10th June 2026 - Day 1
Here I start again , i need to get back to my older self , and be the best version of myself
10th June 2026 - Day 1
Here I start again , i need to get back to my older self , and be the best version of myself
14th June 2026 Day 1
Although today was a really bad day , i did not resort to watching pornography
15th June 2026 Day 2
No major urges today , it was a normal day
16th June 2026 Day 3
It was a bad day , i looked at pictures but stopped myself from watching full blown videos
day 1 - 03/06/2026
if anyone is new / have been using this thread just for a while, i urge you to check out the other posts and read carefully please! i noticed a lot of people interrupting streak threads and it can get clumsy real quick, let's try to use the discussion page more guys!
(it's barely afternoon and i'm already posting this. but i know i wont do anything today cause i have plans to go outside. and it's just so nice to be confident in yourself!)
day 2 - 04/06/2026
i know my urges only happen when i'm bored and alone. so when i felt it today, i just busied myself with some work. i feel good!
This is day 0, 7th of June, 2026.
I am so angry at myself.
@northernlights101 day 1 - 06/07/2026 one day down but not relying on just raw will power. I’m going to use this site as well as other tools to give myself a shot to make it stick
@courteousHickory2679 day 2 - 6/8/26 another day down. Tomorrow is another opportunity/challenge that I feel good about!
@courteousHickory2679 day 3 / 6-9-26 feeling good albeit a bit bored at work which has often bit a trigger for me. Need to stay calm and not let my mind wander to PMO, especially later tonight once wife gets to bed. Onwards and forwards!
@courteousHickory2679 day 4 6/10/26 made it to another day. Definitely felt some temptation last night but decided to hit the hay early with the wife which is 100% effective historically for me avoiding PMO. Had a nice night watching movies. This forum and making good decisions daily that distance me from old patterns that lead to relapse is working well so far. Excelsior!
@courteousHickory2679 day 5 6/11/26 - day six. This is probably the most consecutive days I've had in quite a while, and feeling good about where I'm at. Can't let complacency settle in though, because I know that leads to relapse. Going to remain focused today and make decisions that lead to sustainable progress
@courteousHickory2679 day 6 - been a bit of a weird night bc wife hasn’t been in the greatest of moods but didn’t relapse and have stayed level headed (has been a trigger for me in the past). Excited to have an opportunity for a week clean tomorrow and am sure we will both be in better spirits and get along just fine
@courteousHickory2679 day 7 - 6/13/26 tired about to fall asleep but another day open free. One week down, almost can’t believe it. Challenge is showing up daily. Tomorrow is no different
@courteousHickory2679 day 9 - couldn’t post yesterday kept getting an error but two more successful days. Feeling positive
@courteousHickory2679 day 12 - definitely tempted today. I’ve been thinking about it quite a bit but plan to stay connected with the wife at home, maybe call some friends while watching World Cup, and generally avoid isolation.
@courteousHickory2679 day 13 6/18/26 - bored as *** at work and mind is definitely wandering to PMO. Gonna get moving and handle a few outstanding tasks just to keep my mind busy. Only a few hours left in a short work week
New here. Going to attempt this.