Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I feel that cause of dumbphones its so hard to live life without huge spikes of anxiety.

User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy August 6th, 2023

In the last 23 years since the year 2000 technology shifts and especially the dumbphones, computers, tablets and other screen devices people become more isolated, living on their own worlds more, more alienated from one another. I know I had been ultra addicted to computers since primary school, but since i am 45 years old, when i was young people were more present in the moment and we did not had such huge issues created by all this devices alienating us from one another, yes for sure metal issues was always a thing, but at least we did not have this walking zombies on their phones.

For me its really hard already to try to mingle with people, and adding to this to have the phones being parasites on the world it feels like it makes the connecting to anyone so ultra hard. Whenever there was some dead time in waiting between activities was always a good chance to talk to other people, enjoy of the little things, watching the sky, the trees, stepping on leaves, smiling at dogs that pass by :) , petting cats, flying away in fantasy land, or and so on, but now its so hard to see people who actually are present on the moment even knowing were their feet are planted on, now everything is screens. I wish people would go back to dumping their phones :)

6
User Profile: Optimisticempath
Optimisticempath August 6th, 2023

@okeyyyy your frustration on the increased use of technology and specially phones is vv valid and understandable

I think sometimes we forget moderation and that these things are here to help us not to depend on them for everything

I'm in a fix about it too.. I'm vv dependent on my phone for many things including cups and I hate it too because I'm aware of the ill effects as well :/

User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP August 7th, 2023

@Optimisticempath yes its quite sick cause it feels as living inside an episode of black mirror :(

load more
User Profile: thoughtfulmomma
thoughtfulmomma August 7th, 2023

@okeyyyy

I try to be understanding about technology today, but it's hard. I had a house with no cable, no air conditioning, and corded phones. I grew up in the computer age, and it was exciting and fun. I love tech and gadgets. But, if the power goes out I know how to cool a meal, read a book and play a board game. I don't feel lost when my phone isn't nearby.

I do feel bad that so many people are attached to the internet, and I think it's because they're trying to reach out and connect with others, and feel accepted and wanted. It's a good and bad thing. It's great to be able to connect with people from all over the world and learn what's happening. It's bad because we ignore what's going on directly around us.

User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP July 9th, 2024

@thoughtfulmomma sorry for late reply, yes though internet and phones and computers just become an escape, and you stop from realising that you can have the same at your own place were you live, in your own city. . 

load more
User Profile: Saly33
Saly33 August 7th, 2023
Really, I feel happy when reading this topic... To address this problem that has drained the water of humanity, we must find a solution for it, which is awareness and awareness of this addiction Sometimes I use the mobile phone for 4 hours straight, so I feel a headache and distraction, so how can someone who spends hours on it and all the time, how is his mind?! For me, I feel constrained, no matter how wide I communicate with people on all continents, but I want to use my hands and move around and feel everything around me like dust, water, tree, cat, not just a small screen, it's something boring to use all the time... Thank you for this thread full of wonderful human feeling👍💗
User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP July 9th, 2024

@Saly33 truth is when in the phone we are no different than an old guy in a retirement house, most people are seated bended forward, or walking bended forward. There is a lot of things we miss out of life when due to this sickness or addiction , is like your life does not belongs to you anymore. I wasted most of my life in front of stupid distractions without realising it . 

load more