I Went By Their Rules And I Feel Punished For It
I am 31. I've had 20 jobs since 2018 when I graduated college. Never used my degree once. I work at a doggy daycare now. I love it after struggling so much and having a mental breakdown in '23 that sent me to the hospital.
When I was a child, I was told when I went to college, I'd be set up for life with a degree related job and that I'd be successful. Now, I live with my damn aunt and I swear she's sick of me. I'd rather be homeless instead of dealing with this uncomfortable bull. I'm tired of my alcoholic family and would rather not be around them or associate with these ignorant, dumb alcoholics. They've ruined me mentally and blame me for struggling so much. I am in so much pain
@RedGiraffe44
Your frustrated and disappointed..
You have the right to feel this way!
Alcoholics can generally be a nuisance i hear you..
They shouldn't be upsetting you and placing alot of blame on you..
I hope things change for you!🌲
@RedGiraffe44
You are not alone with following what is sold as the way to do things... and after getting a degree you may find yourself in a job or career that has nothing to do with what you studied. Many are in this situation. Look at it this way None of the many alcoholics I have known, became alcoholics because their life did NOT work out as planned no one sets out for that. they have zero room to judge you.
They didn't? I thought that's why most of them drink. You mean, it's usually the opposite?
@RedGiraffe44
I am sorry if I was confusing ...
the ones I know took to substances because they were either unsuccessful in career or unhappy in career as they were unfulfilled. they should have more empathy of the struggle you face trying to find your path.