Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is your phobia? Share your story here.

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 10th, 2014

There are many common & uncommon phobias, what are yours?

1067
User Profile: Stephcuties
Stephcuties February 26th, 2015

Being alone.

User Profile: LovePom
LovePom February 26th, 2015

I have the hugest fear of not breathing, animals, bugs, heights, and being in public. I freak out so badly whenever I happen to be involved with any of these Haha also of being alone. If I'm not distracted by anything for a long time, I've already thought of many things that make me super sad. So I always have someone with me :D

User Profile: Geneva82
Geneva82 February 26th, 2015

I am super scared of all spiders and of being alone. I am also deathly afraid of heights and of drowning or burning to death.

User Profile: Bethanycharlotte
Bethanycharlotte February 27th, 2015

I have a lot of anxiety involving needles and slicing skin I can't handle that kind of acute pain. Which sucks because I am in and out of hospital quite a bit

User Profile: KiraDrowned
KiraDrowned February 27th, 2015

I am extremely scared of being alone in buildings, or rooms. I hate When it's quite because I start hearing thing that are not here and I start getting paranoid about it. I'm scared of people on streets and thing falling ( I guess that one is pretty stupid, but what can I do about it) because they might fall an me and who know what the thing is.

User Profile: peggycarter
peggycarter February 27th, 2015

dying. driving. the dark. deep water. why do all my fears start with a d?

User Profile: rationalIdea24
rationalIdea24 February 27th, 2015

Deep water and that getting married was a mistake

User Profile: ahelpinghand100
ahelpinghand100 February 28th, 2015

I am EXTREMELY Emetophobic. Emetophobia is the fear of throw up. Even writing about it gives me anxiety but I am trying to overcome this. I can't stand people who say they're after throwing up or say they feel like throwing up. I haven't been sick in 5 years. I do everything I can to prevent throwing up. If one of my family members has a stomach bug or something I usually lock myself up in my room watching concerts on the highest volume so I cant hear them being ill. I don't talk to them, I donttouch them, and every time they move and stiffin up, ready to dart upstairs incase theyre heading to the bathroom. I also wear a medical mask if someone is sick. I cant even stand my dog being ill. I'm terrified of being in the car with little kids because they can get car sick. I can't be in a car with my dog for long periods of time either because she gets sick sometimes and being in a confined space with ill would make me open the car door while the car is in motion and walk to my destination. Once, I was in a hotel out of state with my family and my dad ate too much and got ill in the middle of the night and I was sharing a bed with my mum because I had to. When he got ill I bolted out of the room with a pillow and blanket and slept in the hotel lobby. I didn't use our room's bathroom either because i was petrified. i dont go to places like 6 flags or water parks. I HATE hospitals and waiting in waiting rooms because im afraid someone might be ill. Also, I am scared that someone might be ill during school in my class. In 5th grade, someone told me they were going to be ill and i freaked out completely. the teacher brought me into another classroom and i had to call my mum so she could calm me down and help me stop crying. I always read the side affects of medicines incase being ill or feeling nasous is one of them, and if they are then i dont take the medicine. if i feel like im going to be ill, i hum, take tums, eat crackers, sit upright with a fan on and listen to music. my phobia is so bad, but i live with it and i tolerate it pretty well i guess. I dont know. But yeah, that's my story...

Much love.

Emie xoxo

1 reply
User Profile: MrsHeather
MrsHeather March 5th, 2015

I know exactly how you feel. I would do the exact same things as you. People thought I was pretty weird for having this phobia, but I still haven't gotten over it. I've had this phobia my entire life and I'm almost 30. But I totally get where you're coming from. It can be scary!

load more
User Profile: Randy1
Randy1 February 28th, 2015

Clowns scare the hell out of me. They have dead eyes that stare straight into my soul.

User Profile: Soul2soul
Soul2soul February 28th, 2015

Bunk beds especially the top ones

cockroaches especially the flying ones

snakes

escalators especially on high floors