Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety Judgement. (what is the worst you have been told....)

User Profile: politeSun
politeSun October 12th, 2017

Its so easy for people to judge and say hurtful things...

share here the worst you have been told about your anxiety :

155
User Profile: PancakeThePiggy
PancakeThePiggy January 12th, 2018

That I'm Seflish B and attention seeking and that they don't care what happens to me if I do have something bad happen to me and that I should conentrate on someone else instead of being so selfish. Along with Just get over it and calm down and after a threat to leave me all alone. Was told that during one of my worst panic attacks where I felt like I could not breath and my throat felt like it was closeing. very recently.

User Profile: Vibe2040
Vibe2040 January 12th, 2018

@PancakeThePiggy i know how that feels, I'm going through the same thing...if you need any help text me.

User Profile: PancakeThePiggy
PancakeThePiggy January 12th, 2018

@Vibe2040 Glad I'm not alone that isn't fun I hope it gets better for you.

load more
load more
User Profile: practicalRaspberries8194
practicalRaspberries8194 January 12th, 2018

Recently I had to do something really hard from my perspective but when I was having a panic attack my friend who had asked me what I was doing (via text) told me I was overreacting and I should calm down. The same friend has also in the pass dismissed me as someone who plays the victim to get help. Recently I got really angry when she said to me that she has problems to but she keeps them in her head where she belongs and later on when I actually had the guts to confront her about it she only said I had hurt her and blocked me on every social media she has. When she did that I got this tight feeling like I couldnt breath and my heart was racing and thumping and burst out crying for about twenty minutes.

User Profile: Radiantwarrior
Radiantwarrior January 20th, 2018

@practicalRaspberries8194 Im so sorry. Panic attacks are real. Anxiety is real. I dont know this person but they dont seem to be a very selfless or giving or empathetic individual.

load more
User Profile: abiii346
abiii346 January 14th, 2018

Hospital told me I'd die alone 'cause no man would deal with it.

User Profile: gentlekermit
gentlekermit January 14th, 2018

@abiii346 Thats terrible, and so inappropriate. ): I hope you know theyre very wrong, and your anxiety isnt something youve asked for in the first place. So, for anyone to judge you based on it, is honestly so gross, especially when theyre saying stuff like no man is gonna deal with that or whatever. You dont even need a man, but theres plenty of people out there, who wouldnt ever not be with you or leave you for something like anxiety. Im sure youre a very amazing, and beautiful person. So, if you ever need to talk about stuff youre having anxiety over, or just talk to someone in general, Im definitely here for you!

User Profile: rosiehahah
rosiehahah January 14th, 2018

@abiii346 what kind of hospital is it? thats fucked up!! they're fucking wrong!

User Profile: adventurousCoconut5536
adventurousCoconut5536 January 23rd, 2018

@abiii346 no thats not true. Like a previous poster said, you dont need a man but there are dedicated men out there that will be in it for the good times and bad. ❤

load more
User Profile: mufasaaintdead
mufasaaintdead January 14th, 2018

I told my therapist about how paranoid I am and how I always had visual and audio hallucinations of silhouettes and voices. She said its not real because nothing has happened to me.

User Profile: brightBlueberry3613
brightBlueberry3613 January 15th, 2018

As for the person working in a hospital shouldn't have to be told so, the best way to respond to the stigma is to respond by saying "So what is your definition of mental illness?" and, see if they can respond or not.

User Profile: Mikathewolfdog
Mikathewolfdog January 16th, 2018

I try not to think about it too much as all really because it's very triggering for me. As silly as it sounds it was a pretty abusive Ex-lover of mine simply saying "Anxiety disorder" after me begging him in a panic to stop doing something that was really hurtful towards me (don't remember what it fully was though) In such a disappointed tone. Previously, I had told him of me having an anxiety disorder and him later on using that to his advantage and simply dismissing anything as such, even if it was his fault to begin with. This is a bit of a bonus but probably one of the worst things was him threating to call a Suicide hotline because I was so upset over his aggressive behavior towards me, even though at the time I was not in the least bit planning on doing anything of that matter.

User Profile: Mikathewolfdog
Mikathewolfdog January 16th, 2018

@Mikathewolfdog

As a followup, that person made me feel very icky about having something I really cannot help much and trying to pretend I was okay and that I didn't have it anymore so that people wouldn't be disappointed in me for having it really didn't help much at all really. I try not to do that much anymore and I've felt a lot better since. Currently I'm trying to get to know myself better again after basically having no choice but to focus on one person for so long now

load more
User Profile: GJG1986
GJG1986 January 16th, 2018

I just don't feel good enough to have the things I want out of life. Like I'm always chasing after things that either aren't good for me, or are things I wasn't meant to have.

User Profile: ChrisHickman22
ChrisHickman22 January 20th, 2018

@GJG1986 if you really want something and think that something would be good for you, then that means that you are meant to have it :)

load more
User Profile: HelloItsMel
HelloItsMel January 17th, 2018

My dad called it a disease and on another occasion told me that people exggerate and come up with it for attention indecision

User Profile: MelanieDaniels63
MelanieDaniels63 January 18th, 2018

I was in the hospital for emergency surgery last week and I got upset and the nurse just comes out and says "do you take medicine for your anxiety" umm first do not assume that I have it next do not say to someone with it this. She should have asked do I have anxiety then if I have told her yes then she could have asked that question and I would have said yes I do or no I do not, that is the worst that I can think of in that matter.

User Profile: Ericabear
Ericabear January 19th, 2018

I ate lunch with some people at work last week and this girl and I started talking about herbal tinctures and teas for anxiety. She asked me do you struggle with anxiety or depression? And before I could even answer a guy ‘friend of mine says YES loudly. This guy was my work friend but didnt even know me that well and we certainly never had a convo about anxiety, so he was just making an assumption I guess. I was offended and felt so awkward that he decided to speak for me before I could even speak for myself (in a convo that he hadnt really been a part of from the start). I decided not to confront him and just stopped talking to him and the people hes always with. So today they avoid me at all cost it seems and dont even say hi when we cross paths so now I feel anxious that they hate me now for not talking to them for a week. Ugh. Am I being irrational for being so offended or for feeling anxious about them not liking me anymore? Idk how to feel. I just feel even more hated and alone now and dont know what to do.

User Profile: ChrisHickman22
ChrisHickman22 January 20th, 2018

@Ericabear In my eyes you weren't wrong to be offended, it's not really nice that he randomly just blurted out that you have anxiety. I'm guessing he didn't know what he would do would offend you. Maybe, if you are comfortable doing so, you can talk to him directly alone and tell him that what he did wasn't really nice, and then from there you can see what he really thinks of you.

load more