Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety is the worst feeling ever 😔

User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter February 1st, 2025

I feel the need of validation to ease my anxiety but most of the time I can't have that validation.. Anxiety is very bad, it cause frequent worries and doubts resulting in fear .. sometimes I wish I could just accept it and tell myself to not care about things I can&t control :[ . How do youu guys deal with this feeling?

152
User Profile: Bethany1205
Bethany1205 February 10th, 2025

@hopefulencounter Anxiety can definitely be super difficult and you're not alone in this! It makes sense that anxiety would get worse when you can't get validation. It's normal to want others to acknowledge your thoughts and feelings. Validation is a core need for humans. 

There are a lot of things we can't control, and that can be super overwhelming and stressful. I find it helps to focus on things you can control, and accepting for others, the outcome will be what it is. It's a hard task to accomplish, but you've got this!

Your feelings are so valid, and it's really important to treat yourself with kindness in moments like these. It's okay to feel anxious, and it's a normal response to a difficult situation <3

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP February 11th, 2025

@Bethany1205 hii thank you for believing in me! anxious feelings can lead to overthinking then self doubt 😭. I wish my friends can just tell me if I've said something wrong or something they didn't like rather than keeping me guessing.. 

load more
User Profile: SillyLynx
SillyLynx February 21st, 2025

@hopefulencounter I completely understand, anxiety is the worstttt!!!! Sometimes when ever i’m feeling anxious. I just like to close my eyes. And go to my happy place, clear my mind of these worries. Once i feel calm enough, i open my eyes. I take a deep breath, and think to myself. I can’t control the future, so why worry about it! Sometimes this can help! 

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP February 22nd, 2025

@SillyLynx hi, thank you for telling me your way to cope. I will try to do that 😊🙏. Sometimes taking a deep breath really calms me.. just for a while though 😅

load more
User Profile: springcat
springcat February 27th, 2025

@hopefulencounter

i understand how anxiety is pretty handful and overwhelming to deal with.

a few things that help me when i am finding it hard to get support from people are finding a private place and i organize my thoughts by talking it out to myself. might sound uncommon but self-talk helps me find what is causing my anxiety and i can figure out what will help me; if i don't find such a place, i usually type things without any filter in notes, and actively re-read it again to gain any fresh perspective on how to go about it. once i get to this point i usually come to seven cups and process my feelings or i reach out to a few friends and talk where i am. finding these things took a lot of trial and error and each person's journey is unique and valid. i hope you discover what aids your journey in near future. you so got this!!☺️

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP February 27th, 2025

@springcat thank you for your support! your story inspires me! sometimes when i worry a lot, i told my self its ok its going to be ok 😭🙏 and that helps. I hope this world will be kinder to us!

load more
User Profile: Spiritriver
Spiritriver February 28th, 2025

@hopefulencounter

 Yeah, anxiety can really interfere with just about everything in life. I’ve dealt with it many times. It feels awful, and as you mentioned, when it feels like others don’t understand what you’re going through, it feels invalidating, which makes it even worse.


I’ve tried a lot of things to help manage anxiety. Because all of us are individuals who may respond in a variety of ways to each anxiety management technique, I really don’t want to advise you to focus on what worked for me, but maybe think about it as one or two of your options. There are a lot of anxiety management resources online, including information here at 7cups.


However, because you asked how we’ve dealt with it, a couple of things stand out in my mind. I’ve developed a habit of reminding myself that times of anxiety are episodic. It’s like I tell myself, “I’ve had this feeling before many times, and it’s always gone away after a time.” For me, just knowing that it’s not a permanent feeling, helps me to relax a bit. I’ve found physical exercise to be helpful. I meditate for a few minutes daily. I have found that by doing that, I feel a bit calmer all day. I also have a recording of rain and surf in my room that plays all the time. I can’t explain why exactly, but feeling well rested seems to help with anxiety. When I’m feeling anxious, I often ask myself, “here and now, am I safe?” I also do my best to become “mindful” meaning I pay close attention to what I’m doing in the moment. That helps distract me from thoughts that lead to anxiety.


You made a good point about accepting what’s beyond your control. It’s hard not to care when there are so many things to be concerned about. Handling that is still a work in progress for me. I think it helps for me to realize that I can only influence what’s in my immediate circumstances and dwelling on things that are beyond my control can make it harder to focus on what I can take care of.


I hope you find at least some of this helpful. If you want to talk about it some more, feel free to message me.   

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP April 23rd, 2025

@Spiritriver hello, I want to say thank you so much for telling me how to deal with anxiety .. anxiety is so annoying like I can't even calm down and then become panickyy. I agree with you, by thinking it's only episodic then maybe I can feel better I really should try that. And about rain and surf audio, I should try that too I think because I like soothing sounds too. Thank you for your time 🧡🙏 

load more
User Profile: StabilityInVulnerability
StabilityInVulnerability March 3rd, 2025

@hopefulencounter Anxiety is very complex. I am glad you are on here to be listened to and hopefully get the validation you are looking for. I understand what anxiety feels like and I am here to listen to you. PM me if you still need someone to talk to. 

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP June 23rd, 2025

@StabilityInVulnerability thank you, your words is very uplifting and motivating. I will try to completely let go of what's been draining me, because I know my peace is all that matters. 🥰💖

load more
User Profile: Aidan00302
Aidan00302 March 3rd, 2025

It also really stresses me out that I can’t control things, and I feel anxious because of it.


User Profile: StrawberryHufflepuff
StrawberryHufflepuff March 25th, 2025

I really feel you on this—anxiety can be so overwhelming and exhausting. You're not alone in needing validation; it’s something so many of us quietly reach for just to feel okay. I think it's incredibly self-aware of you to recognize that need and also want to let go of what you can’t control—that's such a hard balance.

When I’m feeling that way, I try grounding exercises or even writing my thoughts down to create a little space from them. Sometimes just reminding myself, “This feeling will pass” helps me ride the wave.

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP June 23rd, 2025

@StrawberryHufflepuff thank you so much for telling me this! I will try to do it 💖 And you're right, this feeling will pass..

load more
User Profile: oceann001
oceann001 March 26th, 2025

Hey @hopefulencounter!
I can imagine how overwhelming it must be to feel that constant need for validation, especially when it’s not always available. Anxiety can create a lot of worries and doubts, and it’s understandable that you’d want reassurance. While it’s tough, learning to accept what you can’t control and focusing on your own inner strength can bring some peace. You’re already aware of the importance of letting go, and that’s a big step. Be patient with yourself as you work through this, and remember that it’s okay to not have everything figured out right away. You’re doing the best you can, and that’s enough.

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP June 23rd, 2025

@greyy01 hi thank you so much for your kind words!💖 I will continue to do my best to not think so much about what's not for me.. it's difficult and I'm still learning how to let go. Thank you for telling me that I do great in this 🥰

load more
User Profile: Seadog6412
Seadog6412 March 31st, 2025

@hopefulencounter Anxiety's a nasty beast. I definitely get those cravings for validation pretty frequently as well. While I don't fully understand your personal experience, whenever I'm anxious I try and move toward the source of the anxiety while using distress tolerance tools I learned in therapy. 

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP June 23rd, 2025

@Seadog6412 hello thank you so much for telling me how to deal with anxious feeling. I will try to distract myself from it by doing something that make me happier and more at peace 💖🫶

load more
User Profile: Iamhereforyou33333
Iamhereforyou33333 April 26th, 2025

@hopefulencounter.. Sweetheart you are the captain of your soul. Worrying about unnecessary things is a part open safety And it must be really hard to overcome them in your life. Sometimes you even blame your own self for worrying about the unwanted things. I also had gone through this situation. Then later i foumd that its ok to worry sometimes. Good things take time!! 🙌

2 replies
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP June 23rd, 2025

@Iamhereforyou33333 aww thank you, I will hold onto "good things take time" to motivate myself on dealing with anxious feelings. 💖🥰

1 reply
User Profile: Iamhereforyou33333
Iamhereforyou33333 June 25th, 2025

@hopefulencounter 💋🥹

load more
load more