Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One thing my anxiety has taught me is.....

User Profile: Laura
Laura August 1st, 2018

One thing my anxiety has taught me is.....

176
User Profile: itsmeakash
itsmeakash September 15th, 2023

@Laura

One thing my anxiety has taught me is the profound importance of self-compassion and self-care. It's shown me that in the midst of life's challenges and uncertainties, it's okay to prioritize my mental and emotional well-being. Anxiety has reminded me that taking time to understand and nurture my own needs is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength. Through its difficult lessons, I've learned to be more patient with myself, to acknowledge that setbacks are a natural part of growth and that seeking support, whether from professionals or loved ones, is a sign of resilience, not inadequacy. In this ongoing journey, I'm learning to turn my anxiety into a teacher, helping me develop greater empathy, resilience, and self-awareness.

User Profile: SunsetDreamer001
SunsetDreamer001 October 9th, 2023

@Laura

To look after my physical and mental well-being.  To talk to good family and friends, Therapist and 7 Cups Liseners how I feel . To seek help if it’s unmanageable.  Put myself first 😀

User Profile: neatBlueberry5213
neatBlueberry5213 October 18th, 2023

@Laura

to appreciate the calm moments

User Profile: EmpathyJustin
EmpathyJustin November 9th, 2024

Anxiety has taught me resilience and self-awareness with the ability to know how to set boundaries.

User Profile: TheSunParadox33
TheSunParadox33 November 9th, 2024

I never took the time to think about this question because I honestly never thought I had anxiety until a month or so ago. Ever since then I’ve been going back through events and statements that happened and are unchangeable but still hold a heavy reminder in my heart.

With that said, it’s brought me to a realization: anxiety has taught me to be more aware…of what and who comes in and what I absorb from it.

User Profile: allieg0620
allieg0620 December 8th, 2024

@Laura One thing that my anxiety has taught me is that it's okay to feel anxious about something. It reminds you that you may have something to lose. But to try to remember whether what you are thinking about is rational or irrational. A lot of the times some of the things I get anxious about aren't necessarily things that are likely to happen. So having that difference set up in my head is helpful. It has taught me to be patient and to be kind. You never know what someone else is going through. 

User Profile: WanderingFlame
WanderingFlame January 30th, 2025

@Laura

...that ultimately, it cares. Instead of internalizing or hating myself for having anxiety, I tried to treat it like a crying child that just wanted love. Anxiety whispers it's fears into my ear and I have to present it with counter claims to soothe it. I also realized that much of my anxiety came from a lack of trust within myself to handle whatever situation life threw at me.
User Profile: Camillecares
Camillecares February 2nd, 2025

@Laura

if I don’t take the first step by trying I’m going to be stuck in the same circle.

User Profile: Anonymous9977
Anonymous9977 February 6th, 2025

@Laura

Agreed ...

User Profile: bblueskies
bblueskies February 7th, 2025

Don't always listen to your body or your intuition! Sometimes it's just anxiety lol