Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One thing my anxiety has taught me is.....

User Profile: Laura
Laura August 1st, 2018

One thing my anxiety has taught me is.....

176
User Profile: Stayp0sitiv3
Stayp0sitiv3 August 1st, 2018

My anxiety has taught me the importance of self-awareness. I use to struggle with identifying the emotions underlying my anxiety, but since I started therapy, Ive learned so much about myself and what fuels/triggers my anxiety. I still struggle from time to time, but when I look back and see how far Ive come and how much progress I have made, it motivates me to keep working on myself. Im also learning self-compassion and empathy.

User Profile: IdaVelvet
IdaVelvet August 1st, 2018

It has taught me to finally start paying attention to my feelings and learn how to take care of them.

User Profile: luna2345
luna2345 August 1st, 2018

it taught me that i need to learn to relax more and not stress over things i can't control

User Profile: Alctim
Alctim August 1st, 2018

To not trust anyone.

User Profile: Lunatipp
Lunatipp August 1st, 2018

I put way too much pressure on myself

User Profile: modestGrapes8633
modestGrapes8633 August 1st, 2018

Anxiety taught me to learn more about myself and how to calm myself down from stress.

User Profile: radiantrey
radiantrey August 1st, 2018

I am a warrior and that it is a evil person trying to eat me up but I have to choice to not let it do so.

1 reply
User Profile: dhabib
dhabib August 2nd, 2018

@blogger123. I agree I feel the same way Anixety helped me to use patience to wait to be brave

I understand how you feel I followed you on here we can be friends

Denise

load more
User Profile: 1800hecc
1800hecc August 1st, 2018

That it takes time to accept what I'm anxious about may not seem normal to other people and they might not be able to help or understand completely, but that's okay. There are many who will. That this feeling will pass. That my heart is not going to explode, the sky wont fall down, nothing bad is going to happen, and that I am stronger for getting through this feeling.

1 reply
User Profile: MistyPanorama
MistyPanorama August 1st, 2018

@1800hecc I feel the same, very well put! Best wishes for a better day today.

load more
User Profile: Anxiousbookworm
Anxiousbookworm August 1st, 2018

There is so much wrong with the world that some people are just to naive to see and you sometimes only see it when you think of every single possiblilty.

User Profile: Laura988
Laura988 August 1st, 2018

That there are more people that care about me that I was aware of.