Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is.....

User Profile: Laura
Laura October 16th, 2017

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is.....

573
User Profile: Bluefacee
Bluefacee October 18th, 2017

Bones of ribbon by London Grammer ⭐️

-my sister recommended it to me a few months ago, and I don't think she realised how much I like it, I escape while refresh but it also helps me cry if I feel I have a raincloud over my head 😌

User Profile: adaptablePapaya2538
adaptablePapaya2538 October 18th, 2017

Talking with my big sis

User Profile: Willendorf2017
Willendorf2017 October 18th, 2017

Working on my WRAP, my Wellness Recovery Action Plan! That is a non-medical, self-help course created by Mary Ellen Copeland. (Search for WRAP or the Copeland Centre online.) It teaches you how to understand yourself by defining what you are like when you are well, when things are breaking down and helps you compile lists of things you want done or not done when you're sick (e.g. you might want to avoid a certain hospital) and who you want or don't want to mange your care. It also h pls you create a Wellness Toolbox, things you can do to help maintain your health, so even if you're too distracted or a bit down, you can pick a tool (e.g. one tool on your list might be just "Go outside") and do it whereas before you might not be able to think of anything that may help. Being able to be in control of your own wellness and recovery is very powerful! I highly recommend this course!

User Profile: Sb145
Sb145 October 18th, 2017

Two things that helps me control my anxiety are my cats.

User Profile: Peeves42
Peeves42 October 18th, 2017

I've just started to meditate and learned a new breathing exercise. Whenever I'm stuck in my own head, I try to find anything and everything to keep my mind distracted. When my anxiety won't let me sleep, I'll watch some of my favorite childhood cartoons to keep me focused on something else.

User Profile: totallydepressed
totallydepressed October 18th, 2017

anime, yaoi, BL dramas, vocaloid, music, manga, yaoi manga, BL movies, novels,

User Profile: carefulBirch8474
carefulBirch8474 October 19th, 2017

I feel sad to say this but alcohol really helps for a while...

User Profile: RetroBunnyEden
RetroBunnyEden October 19th, 2017

I just wished to be hugged for a long time till I fall asleep from crying... I said "wished" cuz no one ever did... My love ones... Never understood.. so far a warm blanket.. helped a little..

2 replies
User Profile: TeenyTinyAppy
TeenyTinyAppy October 19th, 2017

@RetroBunnyEden

I so understand. :( I surround myself with pillows, a fuzzy blanket, and hug a big teddy bear. It helps me sometimes when I feel like I need someone to be close to.

1 reply
User Profile: RetroBunnyEden
RetroBunnyEden October 19th, 2017

@TeenyTinyAppy yeah~ it's the closest to hugs.. :) sometimes when things get so overwhelming it helps a little.. but the yearning for physical contact and a pat on the head would be nice once in a while...

load more
load more
User Profile: willingSquare9725
willingSquare9725 October 19th, 2017

Chewing gum. Regular exercise. Counting to 10. Deep breaths. Hyper-focus on a task.

User Profile: ConstanciaA5
ConstanciaA5 October 19th, 2017

One thing that helps me is daydreaming/writing stories