Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is.....

User Profile: Laura
Laura October 16th, 2017

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is.....

573
User Profile: considerateTree2184
considerateTree2184 March 23rd, 2018

Please don't freak out.

When I am feeling really down, I think about Primo Levi's book about life in a German concertation camp. Life was terribly hard. "tomorrow morning"was slang for"never " as so many died during the night.

But when it became too much to bear, people would say"if tomorrow isn't better, I 'll go and grip the electrified barbed wire". In fact, very few people actually committed suicide in spite of that dreadful environment. And many survived 4 years of dreadful hardships thinking"if tomorrow isn't better..."

So I do the same. Just thinking there is a way out helps me go through difficult times, waiting for the tide to change.

User Profile: decisivePond1676
decisivePond1676 March 23rd, 2018

Bubble bath with tea and Netflix!

1 reply
User Profile: Helena2000
Helena2000 March 23rd, 2018

@decisivePond1676 that's what i do it really helps

load more
March 23rd, 2018

Remembering some of my achievements when I used to be strong and skillful and successful.

User Profile: fearlessOrange6897
fearlessOrange6897 March 23rd, 2018

doing something physical or useful for others.

User Profile: UnknownFeeling
UnknownFeeling March 23rd, 2018

Listening to music and daydreaming

User Profile: energeticPenny8
energeticPenny8 March 23rd, 2018

Sketching .. alone or with my kids

User Profile: Cooltea123
Cooltea123 March 23rd, 2018

Reading, listening to music and writing

User Profile: frez44
frez44 March 23rd, 2018

Sleeping and excercise

User Profile: raspberrypomegranate
raspberrypomegranate March 23rd, 2018

acting like everything

User Profile: ScotttEmerson
ScotttEmerson March 23rd, 2018

Listening to music, breathing deeply (in 10, out 10, hold 2, repeat), staring at a color I really like (yellow), remembering that my family loves me a lot, remembering that God loves me, knowing that I have friends that have my back :)

1 reply
User Profile: blueMango7657
blueMango7657 March 24th, 2018

@ScotttEmerson

I bet staring at a color I really like would help a lot.

load more