Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is.....

User Profile: Laura
Laura October 16th, 2017

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is.....

573
User Profile: saeshata
saeshata March 24th, 2018

Some coping mechanisms I use to help me with my anxiety are...

• Listening to music! It's a huge help, sometimes I listen to slow paced sad songs I relate to in the moment or some feel-good songs. It's
been proven to affect heart rate and mood.

• If I can I try and take a nice bath or shower, things like this can relax you and reset your mindset.

• If it was caused by a specific thing I'd try to leave the environment or situation that caused.

• Yoga or meditation helps sometimes or just distract myself

• Sometimes I just need to sit down and evaluate the situation or talk it out with someone else.

I can't do all of these things every time, especially if I have an anxiety attack since the spike usually makes me unable to focus or breathe or function correctly, it helps a lot to have a friend nearby or just to sit down and try to remember it's just my body warning me and that everything is tangible and okay.

User Profile: snow1313
snow1313 March 24th, 2018

Some of the things that help me with my anxiety are: listening to music, pacing, weight lifting, and rubbing a stone my grandfather gave me.

User Profile: amicableCake5882
amicableCake5882 March 24th, 2018

A hug of someone I really love

User Profile: KalaKinkyLotus83
KalaKinkyLotus83 March 24th, 2018

Going for walks, singing, arts and crafts

User Profile: ch4nnels
ch4nnels March 24th, 2018

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is talking to a friend.

User Profile: Lovelyygirll1
Lovelyygirll1 March 24th, 2018

Do mindfulness exercises, do some writing or drawing, and listen do music

User Profile: azureTurtle214
azureTurtle214 March 24th, 2018

I saw someone say music so I'll agree with that and also me telling myself shut up sometimes.

User Profile: Ohitsnyah01
Ohitsnyah01 March 24th, 2018

Sketching & listenting to music. It helps me forget about the problem and it also lets my mind wander off in a way

1 reply
User Profile: AliTheBunny
AliTheBunny March 24th, 2018

@Ohitsnyah01Same!!!!!

load more
User Profile: Shefali1
Shefali1 March 24th, 2018

Listening music

User Profile: Serahsela
Serahsela March 24th, 2018

Helping someone with a problem makes me forget about my own