Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is.....

User Profile: Laura
Laura October 16th, 2017

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is.....

573
User Profile: Daveyvu1
Daveyvu1 March 26th, 2018

Is God blessing, I am his Sun

User Profile: Strongloner592
Strongloner592 March 26th, 2018

Just staring blankly into the sky brings me a lot of relaxation.

User Profile: jamie1232
jamie1232 March 26th, 2018

I'm usually anxious about the stuff I need to do at work, so I make lists of them. Going down each item one by one and crossing them out as they are done is satisfying. Even if something cannot be done right away due to one reason or another, I just make a note for it and move on to other stuff that I can do. It helps me regain the feeling of control and gives me a sense of accomplishment.

User Profile: Joanna1302
Joanna1302 March 26th, 2018

Actually, herbal medicine helps me a lot heart

1 reply
User Profile: lovingPapaya8232
lovingPapaya8232 March 26th, 2018

@Joanna1302

What do you use exactly?

1 reply
User Profile: Joanna1302
Joanna1302 April 3rd, 2018

@lovingPapaya8232, Well, I am a naturopath and medical herbalist - degree qualified - so that helps! I make sure anything I take will not contraindicate my medications. I particularly like calming herbs and adrenal herbs

load more
load more
User Profile: JiglyPuff
JiglyPuff March 26th, 2018

Dancing. Dance with loud music always helps me forget about all of my problems.

User Profile: Freesoon23
Freesoon23 March 26th, 2018

I meditate daily, sometimes twice a day. There is a website I use that has a lot of different meditations. They will even teach you HOW to meditate! Its also FREE! They run on donations. Its called fragrantheart.com heart

User Profile: T4lk1ngh3lps
T4lk1ngh3lps March 26th, 2018

Practicing mindfulness, and using my 'wise mind'. A really helpful strategy I've found is understanding that thoughts become feelings, and feelings become sensations. Being someone who suffers from depression as well as anxiety, I know that I have a predisposition for negative thoughts; that means they can easily become negative feelings about myself and it can be a really savage cycle.

Now when I catch myself experiencing these things, and my anxiety starts to flare, I say 'thoughts, feelings, sensations' over and over until the physiological symptoms wear off and I can start thinking rationally. Once I've done that, I reevaluate my situation from a more positive perspective.

User Profile: orangeSailboat7646
orangeSailboat7646 March 26th, 2018

Some minted candies. They make me really feel "chill" about the situation and makes my breath smell good too. lol

User Profile: lovingthegrl
lovingthegrl March 26th, 2018

When I'm feeling anxious I ask what signs there are that I am feeling that anxiety in my body. Usually I'm not breathing deeply or I'm carrying tension in my hands or shoulders or my posture is a mess. I take a deep breath, reduce the tension by changing positions as needed to feel more comfortable, and then let the thought about being anxious go.

User Profile: imaginativeOrange1115
imaginativeOrange1115 March 26th, 2018

cleaning my apartment, working out, painting, or taking a bath