Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is.....

User Profile: Laura
Laura October 16th, 2017

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is.....

573
User Profile: reservedSquare4544
reservedSquare4544 October 17th, 2017

Visiting my grandmas grave and talking with her

User Profile: understandme07
understandme07 October 17th, 2017

Go for a nice long walk - with or without music

Have a declutter of your bedroom

Deep breathing

Sip water

Write down your concerns

1 reply
User Profile: Pumpkin74
Pumpkin74 March 19th, 2018

@understandme07

These are really great ideas but I think the organizing of your bedroom is the best! There

load more
User Profile: quickwittedMaple7645
quickwittedMaple7645 October 17th, 2017

Meditation helps

User Profile: uselesscookies
uselesscookies October 17th, 2017

Meditation.

1 reply
User Profile: Thebipolarchick
Thebipolarchick October 18th, 2017

@uselesscookies Right now my heart is beating loudly in my ears. All day, in fact. Can't focus.

1 reply
User Profile: uselesscookies
uselesscookies October 24th, 2017

@Thebipolarchick Don't try to make it stop. Just let it be.

load more
load more
User Profile: EBAH23
EBAH23 October 17th, 2017

Coloring...love the adult coloring books!

Music Headphones on World off

My doggie she seems to always know when momma needs a hug.

Journaling. Get the cause off and out w/o further conflict.

Stuffing the web...learning knew things...intelligence is power, insurance is bliss...working on finding a happy medium

Going outside tend to keep myself cooped up in my house or in my room. When the soical anxiety is overpowering opening a window helps

1 reply
User Profile: Scor3030
Scor3030 October 17th, 2017

@EBAH23 I love the coloring books too. I use a coloring book app. Its cool. That way I always have it on the go with me.

load more
User Profile: Cherrytreecass
Cherrytreecass October 17th, 2017

Doing something creative

listening to music and singing badly to it ( loudly)

driving

2 replies
User Profile: Scor3030
Scor3030 October 17th, 2017

@Cherrytreecass oh wow we're really different. Driving makes me super anxious. I hate it.

1 reply
User Profile: Cherrytreecass
Cherrytreecass October 17th, 2017

@Scor3030. I guess it depends really on where Im driving. If I know where Im going and how to get there my car becomes my safe place that I can rock out and be a total dork and Im getting away sometimes on an old back road somewhere thats not crowded Ill drive a little fast I fantasize about running away maybe a little too much. Haha

but it I agree some type of driving does make me anxious. Like if I dont know how to get where Im going or if its driving in bad bad traiffic

load more
load more
User Profile: loyalSouth304
loyalSouth304 October 17th, 2017

I avoid everything negative when and if I can and I focus on everything positive. I just watch and listen to things that make me laugh and feel good.

When you are down you really have to stop everything negative entering your mind.

When the attacks come focus on your breathing and think about something really positive you have experienced or would like to happen.

You have a dream in your life so think really hard about that dream when you get another attack. Think about every detail in really strong colours, shape, form and add sound to it. Think about your favourite song or melody. Every time you have an attack go back to the same dream and visualise it the same way each time. Make it your goal to achieve it.

Each time you do you get one step closer to that dream and very soon you will own it and it becomes reality!

Pat yourself on your back each time you managed to focus on your dream even if it was only for a split second. You can do it!!!!! You have the power trust me you do! Xx

User Profile: ChibiNekoYumi19
ChibiNekoYumi19 October 17th, 2017

1. Anime and Manga

2. Cosplay

3. Music /snow

User Profile: convivialJar3071
convivialJar3071 October 17th, 2017

Thinking of childhood memories, to disconnect from everyone and listen to some music. If this ever helps someone, "undo" by bjork is my safe place. "If you are crying darling, undo"...

1 reply
User Profile: Bluefacee
Bluefacee October 18th, 2017

@convivialJar3071

i literally just sat hear and listened to that full song with everything else in scilence.

And I'm adding it to my playlist- so thanks for sharing it 😌

load more
User Profile: TurquoiseGlass
TurquoiseGlass October 17th, 2017

Reminding myself I can't be in control of every aspect of life.