What do you wish others (who don't have social anxiety) knew about you?
What do you wish others (who don'thave social anxiety) knew about you?
I wish they knew that I apologize a lot because everything I say sounds wrong to me. I wish they knew how hard it is to go to class or even leave the house. I wish most of all that my former boss knew that because of my anxiety, I quit.
I wish they knew that im not ignoring them because I dont love them anymore but rather i love them too much and ive learned the hard way how much that can destroy u
I just upvoted the last four posts because oh my goodness did they in true. Those are precisely the kind of things I'd want someone to know.
I've cancelled so many plans and angered so many friends because I get cold feet at the last second concerning hanging out. The ones that left I still regret a little, though I try to tell myself if they didn't have the patience to stick around through that..then they probably weren't the type of person I'd want in my life anyway.
I've had social anxiety for the last few years, it had been something difficult to face, I always wished that people would understand that I'm not being shy or silly and I wished they didn't push me to do things like answering the door and ordering food which is pretty normal and everyone do but to me those little things were huge tasks which took lot of effort and me made me want to cry, I'm over coming it now and I'm a lot better and I can do all this things now but I wish now that people understand what anxiety is and don't push others like they did with me
I wish that my friends understood that I have a hard time leaving the house most days, and that even if I say I will do something on one particular 'good' day, that doesn't always mean I will be able to follow through with it when the time comes around. I wish they knew that I can't talk to people as easily as they can, that sometimes I need a helping hand to start conversations or to get my voice heard because most days I can't do that by myself. I wish they knew how I feel when I am alone at night and everything I have ever done wrong just engulfs me and I can't sleep because of it, and how I feel when I look in the mirror or at photos of myself. I just wish they understood.
I wish they knew I wasn't always this way. I used to be bubbly and out going but after being mocked an criticized by people I trusted I'm afraid to let new people in. Scared I'll say the wrong thing and offend them. No one ever seems to like me. They always misunderstand.
I wish people knew that I wasn't always like this and that I'm actually a nice friendly person. I'm not awkward in private or when I'm with people I know/like. I enjoy talking (a lot).
I wish they would realize that I'm not meaning to come across as rude or uninterested. It's just hard for me to navigate social situations.
I feel the same way. Whenever I meet someone for the first time, I tend to come across as judgemental and taciturn. It's not that I find them uninteresting, it's that I have absolutely no clue on how to keep a conversation going. At parties I always find myself alone in a corner feeling terribly that I couldn't keep a single conversation. I just wish people were more patient with me in social situations...
I can relate to this. I'm not very good at talking to people unless I've known them long enough for me to feel comfortable with them (which seems to take forever), and whenever I meet new people, they always seem to think that I'm being rude or whatever because I'm not really talkative, nor am I very good with eye contact. Sometimes, it would be nice if I could just have a nice, normal conversation with somebody, but no-one really seems to understand how difficult it is to do.
Yeaah.. really. I really don't like when people constantly pin point me and say - "hey you don't talk a lot. You should do that."
I really wish they knew that I don't want their expert opinions. Huff!
I wish they new that i'm not running away from them on purpose.
I have the invisible social anxiety; pee shy, shy bladder, paruresis. Everybody on rare occasions has probably experienced a simple failure to be able to urinate due to some external influence or perhaps being angry or scared about something. But with paruresis, EVERY single time you need to go becomes a failure, a mini panic attack. But for most with the problem nobody else can tell. A person develops coping behaviors since one's bladder must be voided several times a day. I've improved through my own self developed exposure therapy, but, it doesn't always work. Paruresis is like an addiction; one is never cured, only recovering.