What do you wish others (who don't have social anxiety) knew about you?
What do you wish others (who don'thave social anxiety) knew about you?
I wish people realized that I'm depressed and that I don't have many friends or resources to turn to. I also wish that people could respect me and my desire to want to be left alone sometimes.
I wish that people would understand that it is not a matter of just being 'antisocial' by not attending occasions that involve there being more than 2 or 3 others there.
I wish they knew it wasn't as easy as they think to get over it. I wish they knew that I don't want to be like this and I don't want to be isolated from people.
I wish they knew that calling me "arrogant" is not going to make be "nicer" as they wish, because I am not arrogant or think i'm better than you. Actually is the opposite. If you want me to be "nicer" and friendly, talk to me, get to know me and my quirks and go past my fear and my shell.
I wish they knew that I sometimes need time to recover from social situations, so don't pressure me into talking to you daily and at all times. I cannot do that and function. Not only have I got anxiety and need a break from stressful situations, i'm an introvert so I need time to heal my soul. Let me be. Give me on hour, one day. I swear I don't hate you, I do this so you don't have to handle me at my worst!
That I love the IDEA of people getting together and being merry, but the feeling of actually doing it feels overwhelming to me. I can't risk being the center of anyone's attention, but the thought of being completely alone makes me feel isolated and hopeless.
I wish they knew how hard it is to stand in a crowded room
I want others to know I'm not the perfect girl they think I am. I have my flaws, I have difficult times, there are times when I just have wanted to break down and give up. I'm not the girl you expect me to be. I've made mistakes and I've also had success.
I want other to know that I fear certain things. That I can be shy with certain subjects. I'm not always the outgoing chatty girl or the number one in her class. No I'm just normal, that it is all. I want to be the one to help if you need it.
I wish that people knew that just because I don't feel like I could have an anxiety attack at a given moment, doesn't mean I don't feel anxious. It's internal. I feel like I can't sit still. Like I can't focus. Like my brain is spinning in circles. So when I am having a hard time having a conversation with you, or a hard time sitting still and I'm distracting you, or when I just can't respond to something you say, I'm sorry. But please know that I'm not always like this, but anxiety causes me to act differently. And I often don't know why or how to fix it. Just know that this isn't me. I'm more than my anxiety.
I want them to know that when I am talking, I am trying. I want them to know it has taken so much effort for me just to leave my room.
I wish that they'd realize I'm not trying to be silly or rude. I'm trying my hardest but simple things such as ordering food or asking for a book is difficult. I'm not trying to be mean to you. It's just that talking feels as if it's a chore.