Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you wish others (who don't have social anxiety) knew about you?

User Profile: zaatarHoney
zaatarHoney June 22nd, 2015

What do you wish others (who don'thave social anxiety) knew about you?

95
User Profile: kirsteng123
kirsteng123 November 22nd, 2015

I wish that they knew that I'm not just 'shy'

User Profile: fuzzybunny290
fuzzybunny290 November 23rd, 2015

I wish my family knew that I didn't want to be this way it just is. I feel panicy all the time. Worse when there are even just a few people together. Sometimes just being with family is hard. I hide in my apt all the time. I don't answer the door or my phone and they call the police to check on me. Only makes my anxiety worse. They just don't understand. I hate feeling like this. Too scared to sometimes even breath. I know anxiety can not kill you but it sure feels like it sometimes.

November 24th, 2015

I wish others knew that it takes me a while to warm up to them, that I don't think I'm better than they are, I'm not a snob, and sometimes it takes everything in me to carry one a conversation.

User Profile: HelpfulListener34
HelpfulListener34 November 25th, 2015

@essdee I agree. Same here.

load more
User Profile: Brian737
Brian737 November 26th, 2015

I wish they understood that I turn down invitations to social events because I'm afraid, not because I don't want to be with them. I wish they understood the fear I felt inside when I have a panic attack or even just the constant low level ever present anxiety that I constantly try to keep under control. I wish they understood that I'd help anyone with anything if I didn't have this constant internal battle that controls my life.