Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Prompt Of The Week: They came back every year to lay flowers at the spot.

User Profile: Clarisse29
Clarisse29 April 30th, 2022

Hello, community!

I hope you've been keeping well! Today I'm back with another prompt for the writing series, where I present you with a couple of writing prompts to exercise your creative muscles every week! If you haven't checked out the previous posts of the series, I've got you! You can find it here!

Without further ado, here is the prompt for today:

They came back every year to lay flowers at the spot.

What will you be doing? Good question! You'll be replying to my post with your original

1. poems
2. prose

As of now, the maximum word limit is 500 words.

Happy writing! And do tag some friends if you think they might be interested in this activity! If you have any questions about the series or want to submit a prompt, then please feel free to message me: @Clarisse29

If you're interested in being tagged every time a new post is made to the series, reply to this post with "I want to be tagged for more prompts". Thank you!

Content Development and Marketing (CDM) is a program offered by the 7 Cups Academy that content enthusiasts like yourself might be interested in checking out!

Find more information about CDM and the application form here.


t0AmUkCZBs9xrtPD2Ai92ZRc31f60ESTOK9NtM0fMTRg1J-NZEuQKN4nZVcNuDI8E5NLLSjQg2RqpQDY_e71LGvqocRcR4IOYMWC4TNmtKRZm7FnglWcgN6TTAVialnM3bG4H0tDVPx0kpliig

Taglist: @OuiCherie @SoulfullyAButterfly @niens @azuladragon34 @Izzy274 @jersey123456 @usefulsummer3139 @TilXC @KindLemonade @ThoughtfulBlossom @Sugarlife24 @FrenchMarbles @AuroraBriarRose @Torean @Trying TBH2021 @babydino69 @chaoscookie22 @Cuposad076 @Elise849 @TheJenInBlack @AnnaJ718 @RideARainbow @ImaginativeThinker8574 @Aikyaa01 @HopieRemi @NCG2237 @Helgafy @seashell145 @sereneYellow1926 @TheJenInBlack
34
User Profile: Mellifluous11
Mellifluous11 May 5th, 2022

@Clarisse29 i would love to be tagged for more prompts!! ♥️

1 reply
User Profile: Clarisse29
Clarisse29 OP May 9th, 2022

@Mellifluous11 will do!

load more
User Profile: SchmellyAshley
SchmellyAshley May 5th, 2022
A Photographer's First Love

Somewhere along the turquoise shore,
The seascape I truly adore.
I took a picture of the view,
That was when I first captured you.

Since then, I tried my best not to stutter
Every time you asked me if I was free.
Whenever we walked the sea together,
I can feel my heart fluttering softly.

I still remember the mild taste of fishball,
And how at midnight you decided to call.
Now I wonder if it was all just a dream,
And if everything is part of someone’s scheme.

. . .

“Cling! Clang!” The church bells are ringing.
It is time to start a wedding.
Two souls united together,
They shall vow to love for ever.

The fragrance of flowers gives a "soothing sensation".
I wish the smooth marble-tiled floor would devour me whole.
As everyone and I wait in anticipation,
I have this tingling feeling that I can not control.

I swallowed as I watched you make your way to the aisle.
The world faded when you walked towards me, whispering
“Thanks for being the photographer of my wedding.”
Despite my broken heart scattered in pieces, I smile.

. . .

I know there’s no turning back
And my heart goes “Crack. Crack. Crack.”

It was always what I did.
My feelings, I always hid.
A love that I hoped we share
Turns out to never be there.

~

This one is actually for a school project and I liked the way it turned out *sobs quietly*
PS: Fishball can be found in street food stalls in my country, it's really tasty-
4 replies
User Profile: SchmellyAshley
SchmellyAshley May 5th, 2022

OH SHUCKS I MISUNDERSTOOD THE PROMPT- Sorry guys TT

3 replies
User Profile: intuitiveShip4574
intuitiveShip4574 May 5th, 2022

But your poem is really beautiful!

2 replies
User Profile: SchmellyAshley
SchmellyAshley May 5th, 2022

@intuitiveShip4574

Aww thank you! I appreciate your compliment <3
I added a few more stanzas here so it can match the prompt, hopefully that's okay- Here it goes:


It's been years since then--
Ever since the time I've gotten so broken.
Now, I sit by our ocean,
Wondering when will my life get back into motion.

I brought a bouquet of cyclamen
Grown from my back garden.
I will come back every year,
To fulfill and make our promise crystal clear,

"Cross my heart, quickly reply or lose food supply,
As long as one of us will try,
We'll visit the sea without asking why,
Whilst we'll forever be by each other's side."

I can gather every pebble,
But even they couldn't reach the level
Of how much I'd be willing to say,
"I love you, so please stay."

I'll fool myself into believing you'd come back,
Until the day comes to get myself back on track.
For now, I will cherish our past memories and accept the fact,
That I will forever wear this cracked heart of black.

:(

1 reply
User Profile: intuitiveShip4574
intuitiveShip4574 May 6th, 2022

Awww.... it's too cute!!! Keep up your good work!

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: intuitiveShip4574
intuitiveShip4574 May 5th, 2022

Your prompts are really inspiring.I want to be tagged for more prompts. Thanks!

1 reply
User Profile: Clarisse29
Clarisse29 OP May 9th, 2022

@intuitiveShip4574 will do!

load more
User Profile: skyedinosaur
skyedinosaur May 5th, 2022

Ever since that day, I mourn my loss


I know it wasn't a physical loss but all the more


I will lay flowers at the spot every year


Too signify hope that one day this loss will be less important to me


Less weighing on my heart


But I will never forget the way you died to me


A kind of death that I could still talk to your ghost but it will never be the same


Its a choice to die to me and you make that choice everyday


Yet I still hold on to that hope in the bottom of my heavy heart


That you may ever notice the flowers i lay

User Profile: helloTortoise301
helloTortoise301 May 5th, 2022

Every day passes

Thoughts of what could have been

Thoughts of why it happened so

Little did she know

Nobody told her

They told her to smile

They told her to live her life

They told her she has a better things to look forward to in life.

They told her to fake it to make it

To see big dreams and race ahead

But the dreams told her another story

Of souls trapped in wretched agony

Of countless men and women whose lives were a sacrifice

For a cause that was neither noble nor wise

Yet none seemed to understand it all seemed like a terrible plot

They came back every year to lay flowers at the spot

Flowers here flowers there

Flowers everywhere

Nothing absolutely really made any sense

All one could do was hope and pray for the best




User Profile: SchmellyAshley
SchmellyAshley May 25th, 2022

@Clarisse29 Your prompts are awesome! I want to be tagged in more of these. Thank you<3

User Profile: SchmellyAshley
SchmellyAshley May 25th, 2022

@Clarisse29 I want to be tagged for more prompts! Thank you sm<3

1 reply
User Profile: Clarisse29
Clarisse29 OP May 25th, 2022

@SchmellyAshley

will do!

load more